When to try for baby number 2

Claire1972
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 pm 
Post subject: When to try for baby number 2
Hi - I am 36 years old and would LOVE to have another baby - my husband isn't too keen as I had quite a few problems through my pregnancy (gestational diabetesm high blood pressure etc etc) and he doesn't think he could cope with two babies.........

I wondered what you other ladies were planning on doing and if you wanted another baby - are you just going for it asap or waiting a few years...........

I'm in a total dilemma as I also have my career to think about.....

Any advice would be much appreciated xx

toxicmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
We're on no3 - there will be 4yrs 9months between the oldest and youngest (when this one finally decides to come out!). Having them close together is an advantage as far as I'm concerned cos I'm already in 'baby mode', and when no3 is a few months old I can concentrate on putting my body back together safe in the knowledge that it won't happen again! I also think the age gaps are nice, cos they're close enough to grow up enjoying similar things. When it comes down to it you're the one who's body has to go through everything. My DH has wanted each of our babies, but has naturally had reservations each time about how we'll cope financially/emotionally/practically - but it's all worked out each time. I think men just look at things from a different perspective.
Best wishes for the future and whatever decisions you make x
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 am 
Post subject:
im only 20 but...

i was pregnant again by the time andrew was 14 weeks old. ive just had my little girl 2 and a bit weeks ago so i have a 1 year old and a 2 week old. i think the age gap if perfect to have them grow up so close.

it is hard work mind, but like toxicmummy said your already in baby mode so the nappies, bottles, waking in the night dont seem half as much work as they did 1st time around.

i had a very straight forward first pregnancy with andrew but suffered quite a bit more second time around with spd probably due to having them so close together... it doesnt mean to say your second pregnancy will be harder though, maybe you should pay a visit to your gp and enquire about having a second child so soon after your first? then if he gives you the ok then you could put ur ohs mind at rest ?
JustBrowsing
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 am 
Post subject:
All I can say is don't leave it too long if you really want one. I had my first at 29, am now 32 and have been ttc for the last 2 years with no sucess at all. I decided to try and get them all in together as I have a career and thought that that would be easiest but you know what they say about the best laid plans and all!!! Now for me it's not a huge issue as I'm fairly young still, as are you, but I would hate it if you left it a few years and then struggled like me for a few more and then started stressing about being over 40. I know that lots of people struggle for number two and they reckon my issues may have been caused by having number one. That said, typical luck says it'll probably happen straight away for you. It's such a difficult one to call isn't it? I hope that you come to a good dicission for you and your family hun. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Older Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular