Hi everyone I'm new on here

julie38
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:35 pm 
Post subject: Hi everyone I'm new on here
Hi everyone,

Thought I would join ths forum as i'm just about to start the journey of ivf.

Me and my husband have been trying for almost 4years and in Feb decided we needed
help. I am being referred to the Wessex Fertility in Southampton and am allowed one round of nhs funded treatment. I would just like to know what to expect at the first
appointment? how long does it take from first appointment? I'm 38 and need to get a
move on.

Any experiences and advice would be good, I can't talk to any one else about this
as we decided not to tell anyone we were ttc (not even best friend/family) we would
just get fed up with all the questions.

Any advice or just someone to talk to would be good.

Julie x
Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Welcome to the site,

The first appointment will be a consultation for some back ground information and will probably last 30 mins or so. Your husband may be asked to do a sample so that they can analise it there and then (ours only took 1 hour).

I am 38 too and just about to have my 2nd go, the first one was successful but we lost the baby at 12 weeks, that was 4 weeks ago.

Any other questions I will be happy to answer
Good luck with your journey
Terina x
julie38
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Terina,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck on your 2nd attempt.

Doctor reckons I'll be starting within 8 weeks, so I'm sure I'll be on here asking
all sorts of questions, feeling scared already.

Julie
x
Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Julie

I think I am starting in about 4 weeks, had my blood test for the FSH levels yesterday so just seeing how much of the menopur I need, should be getting results back tomorrow. Even more scary this time around because I know what is coming.

Keep me posted
Terina x
Angell67
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,

my hubby has just had a vasectomy reversal, but before he done that we looked at ivf. the wessex clinic is not far up the road from us and we contacted them serveral times and they were fantastic.

If you go onto their website, you can get pretty much all the info you need.

good luck with the treatment and i really hope you get your baby Very Happy

Purpss
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:51 am 
Post subject: Hi To All
Hello , I'm a newbie here. I have my first appointment with consultant next tuesday about having my sterilization reversed. Like so many of the women on here I had mine done in the midst of PND just after I had my DS (youngest of 4...DD 18, DD 15, DS 13 and DS 9) after being told be my health visitor that it would cure my PND, I was just 26 years old! Well, that relationship ended and then I met my DH , we have now been married for 3 years ( we are both 36) and he has no children of his own but loves mine absolutely. We applied to our PCT to have the op funded by NHS but they said no Crying or Very sad luckily we have the cash available to go private.
I would love to hear from anyone who is in the same position or has got through to the other side with a happy result.
Good luck to all.
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, we are being reffered for ICSI when I get to the eligible age of 30 on 16th Oct. We are going to be asked to be referred to the Wessex as we already had out initial consultation there when we thought we would have to have private treatment.

We found the Wessex really lovely and relaxed and friendly. We felt so at ease and like nothing was too much trouble. I also know a friend who's sister had treatment there last year, she was 38 and got pregnant first go! She still brings the baby in to see all the staff.

Good luck with it all.
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry, to answer your question, the first appointment was a semen analysis for DH then a consultation which lasted around an hour where she went through the whole process and answered any questions we had. She also showed us the needles and did a trans-vaginal ultrasound (which sounds much worse than it is!) It didnt hurt and was actually really interesting, we saw my ovaries and womb on the screen.

When is your appointment?
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi fc79,

Thanks for your reply.

I had my Hycosy done at the wessex only because I couldn't get in at the hospital,
so i had to pay for it and I thought at the time if we were to go through ivf i would
defiitely like to go there. We are so fortunate that we are able to get one round of
nhs funded and to be able to go there.

Not sure when our 1st appointment is yet, we had our hospital appointment on
tuesday and the dr. reckons within 2 weeks, and within 8 weeks we'll be having treatment. having thought about it we may wait until after christmas everything seems to be going so quick and i really need to get my head around it, it's such a big step.

Really not looking forward to injecting myself, hubby will be no good he faint's at the
sight of needles!!

Do you live near the wessex then?
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:45 am 
Post subject:
We live in the North of Hampshire near the Surrey border, so not that near. When we went there tho we decided it was so nice it was worth the journey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular