TEETHING

Carol411
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject: TEETHING
How long does the teething process take? Some nights my son (7 months) is just miserable the days are not too bad. I really do not feel anything on his gums and he hates the baby ambesol. How much longer on an average???
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:12 am 
Post subject:
hi carol it can take anytime for baby to teeth.

has he got any teeth yet?

my daughter is currently teething she has most of her teeth except from 6.

i use calgel to rub on her gums.

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 am 
Post subject:
Oh teething is just cruel. Evil or Very Mad Hunter has been teething for the last 5mnth and only has 1 to show for it. Sad Yet a friends grandaughter had a tooth pop up without any fuss/crying or unsettled behaviour at all. Shocked Every little one is different. Some teeth even pop up then go back down for a while too.
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 am 
Post subject: almost 9 months
Concerned father ... Embarassed
Liezé is almost 9 months and still no teeth... She never cries, always smiles and is generally a very happy and friendly baby. When she cries something is seriously wrong. She has slept through since 8 weeks. Recently (past couple of days) she is awake at least 3 times at night, cries and refuses to eat all her food. She does not have fever and her nappies are as usual - nothing strange... She chews on everything and is grumpy... Can this be teeth ? Rolling Eyes
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 am 
Post subject:
yep when they are tething they chew on everything and are not there usual selves therefore can be grumpy so this mite be her getting her teeth now.

Donovan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:05 am 
Post subject:
LauraG wrote:
yep when they are tething they chew on everything and are not there usual selves therefore can be grumpy so this mite be her getting her teeth now.

and I guess 'the lenght of a piece of string' is the time frame for this stage to be over...
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:37 am 
Post subject:
yeah it kinda is - although if she's gone this long, and is normally a cheery sort, you may find she just gets on with it quickly - if you're really lucky her teeth might come through in a couple of weeks - have you had a feel of her gums? you should feel the gums going hard and whiter, then feel sharp. Make sure she's got teething toys - ones you can refrigerate are really good, and keep bonjela handy just in case she gets really distressed. Good luck Very Happy
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Rolling Eyes will look tonight.
she loves her teething toys - has about 10 already - more teething toys in the fridge than food Laughing
where can I buy "bonjela" ? is it available online ? I have never noticed it on the shelves here but then again have never really looked for it Embarassed
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
u can use bonjela but i use calgel and u can get that form chemist.

Carol411
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:16 pm 
Post subject: what is bonjela??
What is Bonjela/?? Or Calgel? And where can i find it
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:00 pm 
Post subject: Re: what is bonjela??
Carol411 wrote:
What is Bonjela/?? Or Calgel? And where can i find it

Hi guys, if you go to your local chemist and ask for a teething gel or powder they will be able to help you. Or you could ask in your supermarket, most only have the basic Bongela gel type thing.
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:21 am 
Post subject:
Hi
Can i recommend homeopathic teething powders, they were recommended to me as calgel/bongela never worked for my son, he would suck it off his gums and swalow it before it did anything and then the midwife advised me to stop using them as they could numb his throat Shocked
The teething powders are called ashton and parsons infant powders and they are fab, they are suitable for newborn plus and you can buy them from boots, but i imagine most chemists sell them xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular