Clomid club

stircrazy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:15 pm 
Post subject: Clomid club
hi everyone,

im on my second round of clomid and so far so good.im taking it at nite this month .how is everyone getting on??
kel03
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
What mg are you on this month? I didn't O last mont which was my first month on it so they are probably going to up my dose to 100mg this time. Good Luck!

stircrazy
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
hi kelo3,im on 50mg.no sick stomach so far or maybe it is helping that im eating every 2-3 hrs .have u any side effects?? take care Smile
kel03
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't have any side effects other than a headache the CD 8. I wonder if 100 mg is going to be much worse. Did you O on 50 mg?

stircrazy
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
i have no idea..honestly
Doddsy
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi stircrazy, how you getting on?
I'm on my 2nd round, 1st at 100mg and waiting for af as my temps have started to drop xxxx
RachieKitty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone! 1st post here and not sure if i've even clicked on the right button to reply so sorry if its messed up! Wink

I got prescribed Clomid today and am a little nervous as i've heard a few bad things about it..
xxx
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:21 am 
Post subject: Clomid
Hey Everyone,
Me & my hubby have been trying for a baby for 3 and a half years so far. I am 33 and have never been pregnant. I have been diagnosed with polycistic ovaries although only mildly. I am on 500mg of Metformin 3 times a day for this and have also had my first round of Clomid. We had a scan 1st Aug and we had one small egg and one larger egg and the nurse said I should ovulate any day now. Used the ovulation stick and the surge was detected on Sunday 3rd.
Now pulling my hair out getting excited and also trying to prepare for the disappointment. anyone have any good suggestions on how i could cope better.
cheers xx
Boola
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:16 pm 
Post subject: Dealing with stress
Hi Minxymoo
What a nervous time for you! I'm 29yrs and have been TTC for 3.5yrs. Although we have had 2 pregnancies, both were Ectopic. I have had my right tube removed so conceiving is a complete guessing game for me.
Coping with the stress is difficult but my hubby & I have learnt to take each stage as it comes. Every month for the first 2 yrs I would build my hopes up and then come crashing down to earth when my period would start. While it is important to stay positive, it is just as important to protect your sanity. The whole monthly ritual can be heart breaking.

To take our mind off things, my hubby & I think up of something we would like to do together and book it. That way we always have something to look forward to. It is strange that the past few years for us have been the worst & the best for all different reasons.
I know our situations are very different but I think the stresses and strains are fundamentally the same. The worry, anger and frustration is a struggle and only those experiencing it knows how it feels.

I have heard good things about Metformin. A lady I worked with had PCO and was pregnant on her 3rd month of taking it, which I believe is the most common month. So it's great that your now on it. I really hope it works for you. I'm taking 50mg Clomid but I'm not allowed to concieve for another 3 months as I've only just had Methotrexate for my 2nd ectopic. So at least I get a few months off the roller coaster!!!

Good Luck for the furture & have as much fun as possible. Life is too short to let it slip by on a 28 day loop!
Lots of love Boola x
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to AskBaby ladies
Wishing you all the success in the world on your ttc journeys Wink
xx

EmsMommy
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:41 am 
Post subject:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to say that I tried clomid for a few months when I was ttc my daughter. I have to say it didn't work for me. I did not ovulate with it and it only caused me to lose time. I think it works different for everyone, but I guess it just wasn't meant for me. I am now on injections and those have worked great for me. With my daughter, it only took 2 months to get pregnant. I hope clomid works for all of you!!!!! If it doesn't then try injections, those are quick!!!
Suzy01
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:10 pm 
Post subject: clomid clomifene
Hi there i am new to this site so hope my message reaches all on this topic,
I have completed my 1st round of 1 x 50mg day for 5 days, and i did have period, am waiting top find out on 30th aug if i am pregnant, if not i am starting 100mg a day for 5 days and hope and pray, i had no side effects whilst taking them but have had bad head ache over the last few days, along with indigestion, but had last tablet 15th july so doubt it was to do with that, am i right to think clomid and clomifene are the same ?????
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Yes they are the same.

I'm starting my 3rd round of clomid tomorrow. I have an operation to look forward to at the end of Nov if this still doesn't work. Hoping my holiday next week will relax me a little but i've got a funny feeling there is more wrong with me than we know already.
Good luck everyone
xx
sahara
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: Clomid club
stircrazy wrote:
hi everyone,

im on my second round of clomid and so far so good.im taking it at nite this month .how is everyone getting on??

Hi

Am pleased your getting on well, i had problems getting pregnant but after my 2 nd round of clomid it worked my son is now seven weeks old, wish you all the luck in the world.
dellybabe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject: Clomid v tamoxifen
Clomid didnt work for me! I had bad side effects and still had dry almost nonexistent periods. Then I swapped to Tamoxifen I got a proper period with no side effects and the next month I was pregnant. I know its not the same for everyone but if clomid isnt working for you then dont persist wasting time ask your doctor for tamoxifen instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular