LIsT!!!!

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:48 am 
Post subject: LIsT!!!!
Can every1 tell me what i need to take to hospital please?!?!?!?! i want to get my 'list of things' ready soon-i know there hav been a few posts on here with lists on but i cant find em-there was one post talking about what you could pack for your birthing partner,...can any1 remember what was on that list? xxxxx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:31 am 
Post subject:
cant remebr wot was on the list but i wud make sure u pack:

for you;

breast pads
change of clothes
nightie
slippers
dressing gown
towel
camera for taking piccies
sanitory towels.

for baby;
babygrow
baby vest
hat, boots and mittens

make sure oh brings car seat to take baby home and blanket.

cant think of anything else.

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun-thats a great start-when your actually in hosp(after giving birth) do you walk round in Pyjamas or do you have to get dressed properly?

xxx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Kirsty,
I have packed "nice jammies" - as in ones which have a nursing vest top bit and trousers and a little jacket bit that goes over the top cos I just can't see me getting all dressed up after the birth!!!! They just look like lounging clothes that you would wear lying about watching tv. Take some joggy bums and a t shirt if you don't feel up to the high heels and push up bra Wink xxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
he he -believe me-therell be no heels n 'big boobie' bra's(as my lil sis calls em) Wink lol. im not making an effort for any1. if we r allowed to walk round in PJ's then that is what im gonna be doing!!! he he Laughing do we come home same day? i hope so xxxx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
actually the ones i have on in that ticker photo are one of the pairs i have packed!! my midwife said that as long as you have a shower and look decent (as in no boobies and short nighties all over the shop!) then the midwives will leave you be. I think lots of the hospitals have different policies cos some chuck you out after 6 hours and others make you stay in at least one night. I know mines make you have 1 overnight stay and they like to make sure you've bathed baby and the big black tar poo has gone too xxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
he he ..well... i dont think ill be having my boobies(and other things) on show!! yea-theyre nice Very Happy gonna go shopping for some new PJ's week after next(im on hol from work)yay.lol. awwww-i wanna go home as soon as i can. eeewwww thats the nappy that jason will be changing then!!!!!!! he he -im not goin near that first poo!!!!xxx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
mothercare have nice sets with all the layers - proper "mummy" looking pjs!!!! Laughing i've told paul that he'll be doing the black poo poo too!!!!! Laughing xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
he he -well...the men should do the black poo poo-we've just gone through the birth and deserve a rest!! he he .
I looked in mothercare catalogue n theres some nice stuff but wen i go through to the store they never got what i want Sad think im gonna order me some PJ's straight from the catalogue.

I did get a bellycasting kit from mothercare though-we did it last night Very Happy xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
wen i went into hospital was in tracksuit bottoms and big shirt thing for my bump and just stayed in them till it was time to push and got into my nightie but was then sick on it so had to get into hospital gown.

so u just keep ya clopthes on then get into ur nightie but its up to you you cud just get into ur nightie straight away if thats wot u want.

becnichs
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hia, I'd pack snacks and drinks for labour, just incase it's a looooooooong one and comfy bed socks. A little random I know, but my feet got FREEZING when giving birth. Oh yeah and an extra pillow as they only issue one cr*ppy one which is wafer thin.
Some hospitals will let you leave after a few hours if you want to, but it depends on how your labour went. E.g. c-section stay a minimum of 3-4 nights I think?
Lots of luck!
Bec x

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
What to pack for labour
Your birth plan
Dressing gown -- useful if you end up pacing hospital corridors in early labour
Slippers
Socks -- believe it or not, your feet can get cold during labour
An old nightdress or a T shirt to wear in labour. It might get a bit messy, so don't buy anything specially to wear in hospital.
Massage oil or lotion if you would like to be massaged during your labour
Lip balm
Snacks and drinks for you while you are in labour, or some glucose tablets to keep you going
Watch with a second hand, to time contractions
Digital camera or camcorder. If you want to bring a camcorder, check with the hospital beforehand -- not all of them allow them in delivery rooms.
Relaxation materials: books, magazines, games etc.
Pictures of someone or something you love (the inspiration you may need to see you through to the end)
TENS pain relief machine if you are planning to use one
Toiletries
Water spray, or a hand-held fan to keep you cool
Music to listen to -- take a battery-operated machine as most hospitals won't let you plug things in. Some hospitals provide their own CD players -- again, check first.

For your birth partner
A change of clothes
Snacks and drinks -- you don't want a dehydrated, hungry birth partner looking after you!

For after the birth
Going-home outfit, and loose comfortable clothes to wear while you're in hospital. It will take a while for your tummy to go down so you'll be still wearing maternity clothes when you come home -- sorry!
Nursing bras -- two or three
Breast pads for when your milk comes in
Maternity pads -- a couple of packs
Nightshirt or T-shirt -- front opening shirts are useful for breastfeeding
Toiletries
Towels, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste
Old knickers/cheap knickers/disposable knickers -- don't bring your best ones as they will get messy. If you end up having a caesarean, the NCT does brilliant stretchy knickers that are comfortable over your scar.
Arnica tablets to help with bruising after the birth. Although there's no conclusive evidence that they work, many women report that taking arnica helps reduce bruising and helps the healing process.
Ear plugs, in case you end up on a noisy ward!
Address book, plus lots of change or a prepaid phone card for all the calls you may want to make. You may find you cannot use your mobile phone in the hospital building.

For your baby
An infant car seat -- some hospitals won't let you leave without one
One outfit for the trip home (all-in-one stretchy outfits are easiest)
Two to three babygros and vests for baby to wear while you are in hospital. Some hospitals provide baby gowns for your baby to wear during his stay.
Baby blanket (a warm one if weather is cold)
Nappies
One pair of socks or booties
Hat
Jacket or snowsuit for winter babies.
Muslin squares
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Wow thanks Zee, i've been looking on the internet for ages for something like this! I'm having a home birth but thought i'd better be prepared to go into hospital just in case - and it was an excuse to buy a nice new bag Laughing

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:58 am 
Post subject:
Thanks girls-this is a HUGE help Very Happy xxx
NatalieNFang
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
again im only 3months but this is a huge help for when i actually do start packing the bag Laughing

thanks girls Very Happy

xx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular