Money Saving Baby Experts!

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 pm 
Post subject:
Also, anyone thinking of using reuseable nappies, you can get reuseable wipes and reuseable breast pads (if you're putting a nappy wash on anyway might as well stick a few extras in there too!) I'm going reuseable mad atm! Saving lots of cash! Very Happy

JafflePie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
We bought a mattress for little one's travel cot for visiting relatives over Christmas, we bought it from baby mattresses online - they were excellent - made to order, fast delivery, fast reply to e-mails. I e-mailed them thanking them for such an efficient service, to which they replied with thanks and a voucher code! So thought I'd post here if any use Smile

http://www.babymattressesonline.co.uk/ code is BABYSAVER - 10% off total xx
sonialouise101
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
sainsburys do very good starter packs and toddler packs all you have to do is sign up and they send you lots of free goodies including a changing mat.

http://www3.sainsburys.co.uk/littleones/

sonia Very Happy
EmVar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya all,

Someone has posted that there is a baby event at Asda from 19th Jan.

Just thought I'd add it to this thread too.

xx Em

[/url]
MarioAndStuntChicken
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 am 
Post subject:
Definately with the person who mentioned reuseable wipes - you can either get small top and tail muslins from mc for about 6 pound a pack of 50 or i got some lovely soft fleece squares of the 'bay. I use these plus a solution of : 1 cup hot camomile tea, 1 cup cold water, 1 spoonful baby soap/shampoo, 1 spoonful baby oil and 1 drop lavender oil which i put in a spray bottle and spray either onto the wipes or directly onto c's botty (now she is used to it she is not at all bothered by it). Works a treat even on horrible sticky poo (though i start with cotton wool then for the worst of it) and makes her skin lovely, soft and smooth. If I am using wipes boots often do a pack of 6 inexpensively but my latest find is asda little angels shea butter wipes for 1.29 a pack which smell DIVINE and again leave her skin soft and smooth with no redness.

Im half and half reuseables and disposables but can put in a good word for lidls disposables - 5 pound for 50 and every bit as good as pampers.

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
Poundland do cow&gate and Hipp baby food (jars, porridges, cereals, rusks) often its on offer 2 or 4 for a 1 as well

LuckyK
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Are these cash back sites scams or do they actually work... bit warey lol! Confused x
hydra101
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Yes most of them do work, I've not heard of futcash so can't somment on that, but I've used Mutual Points for many years which is a similar thing, also companies like Airmiles and Sainsburys have e stores sections and instead of getting cashback you get airmiles or nectar points back. They're quite good if you buy online often, I don't change my shopping habbits, just that when I do buy something I click through to these intermediary sites first.
Luper
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 am 
Post subject:
Lansinoh website - they will send you free samples of their breast pads (which I always use - they are fab) and breastmilk storage bags

http://www.lansinoh.co.uk/

Then click Our Products on left hand side

SuperKay10
Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
MichelleandImogen wrote:
sign up for all the baby groups online - bounty, pampers, huggies, cow&gate etc. i've had lots of vouchers from them all through the post

exactly that i did. vouchers and LOTS of freebies! Smile
Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
the cost of nappies and wipes in some places are bloody awful! i found some own brand ones are better than some of the really expensive ones. i like the Boots own brand nappies. twice as much as you'd get for expensive brands, and in my own opinion, just as good for the price to be honest!
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
hand me downs, hand me downs, hand me downs!
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular