Is it just me..........

definatelymaybe
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 pm 
Post subject: Is it just me..........
Lately ive been reading stories in mags, about all the teenage kids having abortions n stuff. Before it didnt really matter to me - its their life n all that, but recently i just wanna scream at them! If only we had the chance eh
Aevenstar
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
No it's not just you - can be hard to hear about someone not wanting the very thing that you're desperately wanting and trying to have!

But I kind of think, well, I'd rather only have any of my own actions to regret without taking on regretting any one else's actions. Easier said than done.

Just keep smiling if you can Very Happy

Sending lots of luck and babydust your way

Rachel x

aimee87
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun,

I'm young myself and at this moment having doubts as to whether i am or not. i've always said that if i was younger and got myself in that predicament i would never abort as i dont think its morally fair on the baby, the olny thing that may even 1% sway me to even consider aborting is money. I've never been too financially well which is something i always promised myself i would never let my child go without what they needed, but at the same time i dont think i could put myself through that solely for that reason because there are hundreds of couples trying and just to brush something like that off and abort..

but i dont like the stigma that comes with younger women conceiving (such as the usual council estate stereotype) which sometimes i think is unfair, but also a fact in most cases..

its a sensitive subject but sometimes i do get really angry at them but some girls are genuine and feel stuck or they dont have a choice...then again i cant speak for them.

its best to not so much ignore them or resent them which i know is easy for me to say, but just look after and be concerned about number 1.you Smile
Wishes
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Good point Aimee. It is very hard to not be judgemental to situations which are constantly on the news, but for me it is mainly when you hear people say that they didnt want a family and they have two/three children; and I am not just talking about kids here, but adults who are well over the age of consent! And I want to tell them that they should have known better! It's so unfair, at times! But I agree that you can't judge everyone the same - as it happens to all ages. Maybe that is why I try to ignore these reports.

Wishes x
definatelymaybe
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry Aimee i didnt mean to offend you in any way i was just having a rant lol

I do think to you do have a point tho about different circumstances & i do appreciate that ttly. When i wrote that i had just read a story about a 16 year old who has had 4 abortions and is pg at the mo. Im sure she is in a minority but and has her reasons, maybe im old fashioned but its not the thing i would like to make public knowledge.

Anyhoo ladies sorry for being a crab lol

Loadsa baby dust xx
alady
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
It is hard to hear about so many abortions and I feel so strongly the limit sholud be lowered from 24 weeks.

However I myself have had one, (2 kids, escaping violence etc) I was 25 at the time, a hard choice but the right one.

I still have regrets but had to think of the children I already had. I dont judge women, but it makes me angry when they dont use contraception, knowing how easy it is to 'sort out'

Im really looking forward to this baby, its the right time, great partner, still broke though!!

Wishes
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All

Well we are all entitled to our opinions and views, and that's okay - its just sometimes we all hear the headlines and don't know the actual story behind what really happens behind the circumstances.

Definitely Maybe - you can be as "Crab" as you like! That's part of sharing your views on any subject.

Baby dust to all

Wishes x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular