June 2010?

babyboyx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
heya ladies, i thort i would post on here as to my suprise i am a june mummy Smile he was born 25th june but wasnt due to 24th july was was a nice suprise!
he is doing really well tho and he has got into a really good routine with his night time! he has bath, bottle at hlf 6ish and goes sleep from 7ish, he wakes at 10.30 for feed and goes in his cot till 7am and then feeds 7oz and goes bk to sleep till 11ish?/

i no i shouldnt copmplain but does it sound like he gets to much sleep? after his 11am feed he is usually awake for 2hrs and then sleeps again and again after his 3pm feed??
is this normal for him to sleep so much??
NewMrsC
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
babyboyx Welcome to the group hun, its a little quiet these days as were all so busy with our little ones but we do try and get on when possible. I wouldnt worry in fact i would count your blessings then count them again lol. My little one didnt sleep for more than an hour at a time from birth without being rocked even now i have to rock her to sleep. I now get her down around 11:30 and if im lucky she will sleep till six (which is alot better as it used to be 3am) but im normally up at least twice in that time. Durring the day she just power naps 20 minutes here and there it is improving slowly and i am getting her to nap a little longer the last couple of days. However every baby is different they say babies should sleep 16 hours a day so if anything your little man is doing what he should.xxx.
NewMrsC
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

How are you and your little ones doing? Brooke is getting quite big now she weighs around 12lb but has quite chunky legs (like her mum poor litttle mite) so at 14 weeks I have finally retired the last of her newborn bits and have solely moved on to her 0-3 month clothes. Which is nice as she has soooooo many nice bits people have brought her, but is a little sad as I already miss her smallness. On a bright note i managed to get her to sleep by half ten last night and was only up breifly three times Brooke didnt wake for her morning bottle till eight so i feel fully rested think i forgot how good it feels to have a good sleep lol.
JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

welcome babybox.

AnnaMia, hope the thrush is better? Its good to hear good stuff about Tracy Hogg EASY routine.

I have been reading her book over the weekend so plan on giving the EASY routine a try, (for those that don't know it, its goes Eat, Activity, Sleep and You time when LO sleeps). LO sleeps great at night (we are very lucky) but in the day she often only power naps, I thought her irregular crying was boredom so I was playing with her but now I think it tiredness as she often falls asleep on the play mat.

MrsC - sounds like Brooke is sleeping better, you must be pleased Very Happy I saw on fb she is in a bumbo chair, how do you find it as I thinking of getting one.

JJ
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies, glad things are looking up Smile

I am still having a very trying time with Elijah's sleep pattern - although the e.a.s.y is really good and during the day he is taking regular naps (except today which is another story, but my own fault cos I had to go out and take him with me!). We are still not getting to bed til past 12 - Eli is wide awake right now, he has fed for just over 2 hours from me, but instead of falling asleep is very cheerful and if we try and calm him down he gets really angry Sad

It is getting really tiring because obviously I can't nap with him during the day, and he is up 2/3 times a night, so I am living on maybe 6 or 5 hours of sleep. I would say it is really starting to get me down and I don't really feel like I am managing, but what else can I do?? I try and sleep when he goes down, but he might only nap for 45 minutes and I need to eat!

Anyway, before I start some hysterical dialogue with myself, I will leave it at that - having babies is hard!

I would imagine Eli is about 15lb now, he was near 14 at his 3 month check so he is 16 weeks now! He is lovely and changing every day Smile we have been in 3-6month clothes for a while, the newborn stuff is long gone (Sad boo) but I saved the nicest stuff.

Hope things are better for you anna! and hope everyone else is well Smile

NewMrsC
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

Think i spoke tooooo soon little miss had me up most of the night i feel like a zombie!!!!

JJ - The bumbo chairs are fantastic although it took Brooke all of two days to work out how to get out of it she stiffens her body straight and pops her legs out. So you need to keep a keen eye on them in it but she loves it, think she feels like a big girl lol.x.

Mariblake - I feel your pain hun sleep deprevation is used as a form of tourture. Brooke is the same hun she gets so angry if we try to make her do anything esp sleep. Plus everyone keeps telling me what im doing wrong and how im just spoiling her which is making me want to scream and scream till im sick.x.

Must go moaning mertal is having a moment lol.............
JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
evening ladies

sorry you are both having a rough time with your LO.

Mrs C - you are not doing anything wrong, there is loads of research out there that says you can't spoil a baby and that you should respond when they are upset so please ignore all the comments, only you and your hubbie know and understand Brooke and therefore you are the only ones that can decide what is best for her, so just ignore them when they say you are spoiling her. I have see her pictures on fb and she looks such a happy little girl. You must be really proud of her, Very Happy I was impressed with her sitting up in her bumbo chair.

Mariblake - any tips for how to fit the easy routine into my day when I take LO out? I can see it working when I am at home but not sure how to fit it into my day when I take her out. I have been 'observing' her for the past few days and realized that I am overstimulating her which is probable why she doesn't sleep much in the day.

How is everyone else?

JJ
babyboyx
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
aww Mrs C please dont feel ur spoiling ur LO.. i get this all the time, esp of my partners family, they r always saying he is spoilt and cuddled way to much and when we r round there it makes me feel bad for picking my own baby up!!
babies r there for loving and spoiling!
and like i just say, he is a lucky boy he is spoilt with love Smile[/img]
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies, just a quickie as we are off out to baby yoga (haha I will report back on that one later!)

jj I'm not sure to be honest, it seems to disrupt Elijah's routine to go out but I stayed in a week to try and get it established and felt like I was going crazy...I just try and feed him if possible when he wakes up and try to keep him awake for a little while then let him sleep...so I try to stick to the general outline rather than any times or anything Confused not ideal!

sleep is still a big issue in our house, I have started giving in quite often and just feeling Elijah to sleep - after 2 hours of crying I just run out of will to get him to sleep and crumble especially late at night Sad I know it will probably cause problems in the future, but it is solving a problem now and I can't live with no sleep!

NewMrsC
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

Hope your all doing well. I had Brooke weighed yday she was 12lb 14oz (at 15wks 2days) so shes now quite big and my arms are feeling it lol. I gave her a tiny bit of baby rice last night they say one level teaspoon with 20mil of milk but i did 30 to make it more watery and only gave her 2/3 even though she cried when it finished. I know its early but she doesnt really like milk and has cut herself down to four feeds a day plus her weight gain has slowed so i thought id give it a try plus i think shes ready as shes quite forward. Brooke now sits unaided for a few seconds but has no balence so falls. She can also stand even though we dont encourage it she loves to be on her feet so im going to buy a door bouncer. How are all of you doing?

Oh brooke has her second jab thurs wish us luck.xxx.
JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
afternoon ladies#, how are we all?

Mariblake - how was baby yoga? How is Elijah sleeping now? You are not giving in by feeding him to sleep, you just have to go with the flow at times and do what feels right.

Well I have been doing the EASY routine for a week now, to be honest I am not following the book to the rules, I have just picked the bits I like, I kind of just follow the routine of feed, play, sleep, the book has really helped me to recognize LO signs of tiredness which in the past I mistook for boredom and would play with her which got her even more tired, I put it all down to learning Laughing

MrsC- how Brookes injections go ok. How exciting her first feed of proper food, did you take photos?

JJ
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
yoga was great, not too knackering haha and we have been going to baby sensory too which is pretty good.

I did exactly the same with the e.a.s.y routine - just picked out the general structure, the bits I liked and thought would work - I was just the same, thinking he was bored when he was actually tired so learning that has made a huge difference. Last night Eli went to bed at 11.30pm for the 3rd night in a row - that might sound late to some but it's fantastic compared to 2am! Plus he only had 2 feeds in the night (I woke up both times to find him fast asleep in my arms so I dunno how long he fed for haha)

It's weird that after all the difficulties and stress and pain related to breastfeeding, I now feel really sad at the thought of weaning Elijah, I think I will carry on for a bit, and see how he is with teeth. I also can't believe he is 4 months! He was the oldest of the (not quite) june babies except for laurens twins...so you lot still have little babies haha

Elijah has learned to laugh and has rolled onto his side a few times, he is now trying to pull himself up and is desperate to sit, and spends all day talking away (I can't hear the t.v right now cos he is chatting to his daddy). We have 3rd injections next week booo but that's it until he is one.

Eli got weighed today and is 15lb 7oz, so has finally doubled his birth weight! I can feel it in my arms Laughing but he is fantastic, after a shaky start I am really enjoying being a mummy and trying to convince hubby to have 9 more babies Wink unlikely!

We had a talk from the h.v the other day about weaning (I say the other day, it was actually a month ago, oops haha) but Eli isn't showing any signs of needing to be weaned except staring very intently and giggling when we eat Very Happy we have been recommended the jumperoo by loads of people so might save up our pennies because I think Elijah will love it - he just wants to stand all the time but mummies muscles can't take it!

Anyway, that was a bit of a ramble Smile hope everyone is doing ok, I can't believe how much being a mummy has become easier and much more fun in the past month Very Happy

JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
afternoon, how are we all?

Mariblake - sounds like you and Elijah are getting on great, thats funny that he now talks to himself, LO is now doing the same, esp in the car, I now turn the radio off as she is so funny to listen too Laughing Laughing

we made progress last week with the EASY plan, I now know to look for the signs of sleepiness 90 mins after a feed, she now goes off to sleep well in the day, before I was missing the sleep signs and putting her down in her moses when she was too tired and would not sleep.

JJ
NewMrsC
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

Sorry i havnt been on for a while but im feeling really low. Dont really have anyone i can talk to so if you dont mind im going to have a rant before i breakdown in tears AGAIN!

So my husband does nothing but tell me where im going wrong which doesnt help me in the slightest. Brooke has never been a good sleeper and resently has got a little better but as my illness has kicked in (Lupus) so its not really helping. I have been up to her every night since she was born and only on a handful of ocasions has my husband helped. Ok he works nights but even when he's not working he only ever gets up once or if im lucky twice. He gave me my first ever nights sleep the other night and now wants me to be eternally gratfull. Last night she was fairly good and didnt wake till 3. I settled her fine but she woke every 40 minutes or so each time all i did was hold her hand and in seconds she driffed off Result. Only around five i felt sick and had to leave our room to be sick! on my return Brooke was crying as i wasnt there to comfort her so what does my husband do shout at me that he needs his sleep and remind me that i slept the night before, then go on to tell me its all my fault she doesnt sleep as i spoil her. Im so upset do you think im being over sensitive? or do you think it is my fault?

Its now taken me two hours to get her to nap for what will properly be only 40 minutes. I feel like a failure as a mum. Please any advise you can give i would appriciate. Thanks for reading if i havnt bored you to tears.x.
JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi MrsC

Sorry things are tough for you. You are not a failure, I have seen the pictures of Brooke on fb and you should be so proud of her. she looks so happy and content, you should feel proud of yourself for raising such a gorgeous little girl. Looking after a baby is hard, there was a lady on tv the other day saying when you have a baby just getting to the end of the day is an achievement, so true. It sounds to me like the lack of sleep is getting to both you and your hubbie, Don't be afraid to have a cry, always makes me feel better. I sometimes feel a failure as I cheat (I have a cleaner and do my food shopping on line) but then I remind myself that I can't be a supermom.

Look after yourself
JJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 88 of 89

Jump to:  

Community

Popular