JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies

How are we all?

Mrs C - how are you, sorry to hear you have the baby blues? this whole baby stuff is hard isn't it. The hardest thing I find is the whole 24/7 thing of looking after someone.

Little one is doing well, lots of smiles. I have been taking her to physio at the hospital as she has a tendency to turn the head to the side, they have taught me some good tricks to encourage her to look the other way.

did I tell you all I enrolled little one at baby massage, this week is the last session, has been lots of fun. I have also managed to meet lots of new moms which is keeping me sane.

Mariblake - will pop and look at the photos of Elijah now.

JJ
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
oh i would agree with the baby massage thing, me and elijah went last week and have another 2 weeks to go, it was really nice to see some new faces! we are booked into yogalates for mummy and baby in a few weeks too, scary stuff Shocked

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
p.s i meant to say - i dunno why someone has replied to elijah's 1 month post, there are more up to date pics and a timeline on the next page!

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
ohhh and Elijah had his 2nd injections today (i hope he is not so poorly as he was last time) and got weighed - he is 14lb 6oz Shocked no wonder my bloody arm is so tired! he was on the 9th centile then the 25th for a bit and is now just on the 75th line Very Happy

JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
mariblake wrote:
ohhh and Elijah had his 2nd injections today (i hope he is not so poorly as he was last time) and got weighed - he is 14lb 6oz Shocked no wonder my bloody arm is so tired! he was on the 9th centile then the 25th for a bit and is now just on the 75th line Very Happy

Evening. Just wondering how Elijah was after his injections? Hope he wasn't as poorly as last time?
NewMrsC
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

JJ - Im feeling alot better now thanks hun my mood seems to have lifted all of a sudden maybe its the fact Brookes letting me get six hours sleep now lol.

Mari - how was the second jab Brooke didnt have her first till last week she wasnt too bad just really clingy and didnt want to be put down even at night but after two days she was back to normal.

Has any of you started feeding your little ones? i know they say six months now, but I was thinking of trying a little plain baby rice a 4 month maybe in the evening to try and get her down a little earlier as she never goes down before 11:30 most nights its gone midnight.
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
argh - long time no type! Sorry ladies, this post is a bit abandoned at the moment isn't it Smile

Well, Elijah was ok after his last injections (number 2), we gave him parapaed (paracetamol for infants) as soon as we got home and that seems to have seen to it Smile thank god, i was getting really stressed worrying about him being poorly.

We haven't started weaning Elijah yet - he is 14 weeks now, but I want to leave it as late as possible (simpler for me, have started reading about weaning and it looks bloody complicated!). Also, Eli doesn't seem to want food yet, he is really interested in watching us eat but I think thats enough for him for now - his weight is good and I am still mixed feeding. We have cut down on bottles recently and I feed most days so the bottle is really occasional but convenient which is just right for us Smile

We are still having loads of trouble with Elijah not wanting to sleep at night and being overtired/grumpy/asleep through the day - have started reading tracy hogg's book on sleep for infants and so far (3 days) it has really made a difference - it seems Elijah wasn't sleeping enough in the day so couldnt settle at night! I would never have come up with that solution myself. So far he has taken to napping really well, but still staying up til 1am - it's not so bad though because at least he is happy while hes up rather than miserable Smile

How is everyone else? I have been really rubbish at posting recently, although I do post pics and in the May mummies a bit and on another forum. Hope everyones well.

Oh, and newmrsc - I still have miserable days too - i think tiredness makes such a notable difference but its unavoidable sometimes Sad we recently started baby massage and have a couple of other groups with pixel coming up plus i have been forcing myself to go out walking - and i *mean* forcing haha but it helps my mood for definite. I have had many many days full of tears and feeling hopeless though, so never feel alone Smile

JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies

MrsC - so glad you are feeling better, yes I reckon its the sleep, things seem so much better after a good sleep. Its been lovley seeing your pictires of Brooke on fb she is georgeous.

Not even thought about weaning yet, whats the advantages of doing it sooner? Little one has her 3 month check coming up so will ask them.

By the way do you guys have a daytime routine yet? we do for the night (she feel into it, we didn't plan it) but nothing for the day and somedays she only has a couple of 20 minutes naps, should I be getting her into sleep and feed daytime rountine?

I'm starting at bumps and babes this week, its a local mother group in a coffee shop. I have to have an activity every day to make me go out otherwise I could quite easily just stay in all day which makes me feel rubbish.

JJ
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 am 
Post subject:
howdy,

its recommended you wait til 6 months and no sooner than 17 weeks for weaning - we hadnt thought about it either til the h.v said he had to give us 'the talk' haha. The only advantage is that your baby might sleep a bit longer, and if they have reflux it might help settle their tummy, the nhs is saying babie's tummies aren't really developed enough before 17 weeks to digest things but that changes all the time Smile

we are having a nightmare week trying to get elijah into some kind of routine (not a structure really just a sort of framework cos he was a bit random and a terrible sleeper). we had the earliest night we ever had at 10.30 last night - it was amazing! usually he is up til at least 1am. I got tracy hogg's 'baby whisperer' book - just the one for sleep off amazon for 4 and its really great. very basic and baby led. i really dont like these gina ford ideas they seem to think that the baby is an inconvenience and i really dont like 'controlled crying' so tracy hogg was the way to go for us.

its been very tiring and stressful (still is) but we are giving it til wednesday to try and see if we can make it work Smile

NewMrsC
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

I havnt read any books on sleep techniques but i might have to start. In saying that things have greatly improved on the sleep front. It may sound mad but iv also discovered the more Brooke naps durring the day the better she sleeps at night. I only discoved this though exhaution lol I was in the habbit of trying to keep her awake and amused all day in the hope she would sleep at night. Then one day i was soooo tired i decided that any sleep was better than no sleep so i tried to put her down for the odd twenty mins/ half hour durring the day to get some sleep. To my amazment she slept better that night so the next day i tried again and once again she went down at midnight and slept till six with only a couple of stirs where i just had to stroke her head to reassure her. Since then she goes down anytime between eleven and twelve, two on a bad night and gets up a six. Now she has started to also sleep between 8 and 10 each morning too heaven....
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 am 
Post subject:
haha it's funny you should say that - Elijah is the same, I was sure I did not want to start reading any books (in case they made me feel grossy inadequate, which they kind of did haha) but this book said exactly the same, Eli wasn't sleeping enough during the day so was overtired all night - since we started having naps he has slept better, what a difference an hour extra of sleep is!

We get up at 8.30am then he is ready for a nap by 10am I would have thought this was too soon but napping every 2-3 hours seems perfect for him and he sleeps before 1am every night (luxury)...who would have thought eh? Smile

JJgirl
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
afternoon ladies

thanks for the book recommendation, I have reserved it at the library, sounds like my kind of book as I want a flexible routine for LO, gina ford is not for us.

Got LO's 3 month development check tomorrow, hope she passes Laughing Laughing Laughing LO has slept loads today so have managed to get the house spic and span for the visit Laughing Laughing

Mrs C - saw your photos on fb, that's amazing brooke can sit up, very advanced Very Happy
AnnaMia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies,

Remember me? I have been not much on here as, even tho I am on maternity leave, I am very busy with things and on top of that I have deep nipple thrush which makes me feel like someone has grated my nipples with a cheese grater...LOL. I have been on medication for it but it is a long and slow road to recovery and if it is not any better in two weeks time I have to stop breastfeeding. I feel very bad about that and again I feel I am failling my little boy. I had to cut out sugar, bread and weat and it feels like there is nothing I can eat anymore. On the pos side I have lost 8 lb so far and I have only been on this strict diet since last week and I feel a bit better so fingers crossed it is helping.

Ah the sleeping chat!!! The two questions ppl ask you is is he sleeping thu the night and are you going to have any more babies....LOL. Well luckily Lucy was a textbook baby and Ruben (touch wood) is going that way as well. He eats then he has like an hour wake time and then sleeps again till next feed then eat/play/sleep again. At night we have a boob bath and bed routine and he goes into his cot (always has slept in his cot since day one) between 7-8 awake. He will then fall asleep until I wake him for his 11pm feed and then sleeps till I wake him up at 7 am. I truly believe in the theory that they sleep well during the night if they have a good sleep during the day. I loved most of the advice the baby whisperer Tracey Hogg gives in her book.

XXAnna
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

Sorry to hear about the thrush Anna it must be so painful I also feel your pain with the whole stopping breast feeding thing i beat myself up for ages over it but its now been almost four weeks since i breastfeed and Brooke is doing really well so Iv now forgiven myself lol..

As for sleep Brooke is not the best. Since birth she wont be put down while awake she will scream and scream till she works her self into a frenzy most of the time she then makes herself sick which goes everywhere so you have to pick her up and change her by then shes dripping in sweat and it takes ages to settle her. So i have to get her to sleep before i put her down which i dont really want to do but were working on it last night she woke when i put her down which normally means screaming straight away but instead i sat next to the cot and held her hand for the first time ever she went to sleep like that. So there is progress its just slow. In saying that bed timing has improved she always has had her last bottle between half nine ten but it was taking up till 2am (normally midnight) to get her to sleep she then wakes at least twice a night for reassurence and wakes for her bottle at six. However for the last week i have had her down by half eleven and last night by half ten my earliest night since she was born. So things are looking up lol...
jpster
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies, hope you are all ok.
Oh got paid off and we moved house so had no internet for a while (nightmare), but i'm back now. Very Happy
Had my beautiful wee girl an hour after her due date on 12th June and shes doing fine.
I'll try to get through some of the posts but if you want to update me feel free.
I'm on facebook now too it's christine mcfarlane and a photo of me and my man kissing.

Cheers
Christine
Page 87 of 89

Jump to:  

Community

Popular