cocain during pregnancy

amandajane
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 pm 
Post subject: cocain during pregnancy
im 8 sweeks and ive taken cocain on occasional 2 times week i no this is wrong and ive just found out im 8 weeks and ive taken it 4 times in the 8 weeks ive stopped now should i tell my doctor when i go for my scan on friday,,
will my baby be ok
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:17 am 
Post subject:
hi amandajane,

yer u need to tell ur doctor wne u go for for ur scan. im really not sure if u will have harmed ur baby or not but think there may be a chance so they will need to check if baby is/has devloped properly.

make sure u stop now coz any further drug taking cud have serious effects on ur unbron child if it hasnt already. if u need to seek help then speak to someone who can help with ur drug habit before its too late.

hope everything turns out ok for u and baby. gd luck. Smile

xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
Just make sure you dont do it anymore, as it may affect bubbas development.. I did some stupid stuff before i knew.

I had an op and for 2 weeks after i was battering codeine as was in agony! Also drank and smoked.. but then i found out and quit everything!

Tell your doc, im sure will be fine just dont do it throughout preg x
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, we've all did stupid things Smile I'm sure your baby will be fine. As long as you stop doing it, you and the baby should be fine !

Word of warning, a friend of a friend was pregnant last year, she continued to take coke and god knows what and she miscarried. Dont let that be you xx
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
yeah you do need to tell you midwife im sure if your having trouble stopping it then they will help you out =]
good luck with baby xxx
Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi amandajane,
As the other girls have said, mention to your midwife x I also had a friend who miscarried as she was battering all sorts into her body, as she didnt realise she was pregnant until it was too late! I am sure you and bump will be great though xx
Let us know how you get on, and you know where we all are if you need to vent xx

Keep your chin up x
kenpomom
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
sonce it was so early in your pregnancy i really dont think it will hurt your baby... but its true you really need to stop.. congrats by the way on being pregnant
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
Tbh, I wouldn't worry TOO much. If you feel that you took so much that it could be a proper risk then mention it to your midwife but if it was a small amount I don't think in those first few weeks, it would cause too much problems. I was 5 weeks when I found out I was pregnant and the weeks leading up to that had seen me take coke once, smoked various doobies and cigarettes and had a few binge-drinking sessions. I hadn't did anything in the 5 days before finding out I was pregnant but I felt so so guilty. Not did anything at all since. If you feel like you can't stop something whether its drugs or smoking or drinking, then you need to mention it to your MW but if you are totally free of anything now that you know you're expecting then don't stress yourself out.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
Im locking this now as it is a year old.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular