I dont think im ovulating

nmoore
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 am 
Post subject: I dont think im ovulating
Well for the past 5 months ive been trying for a baby and i read somewhere that if your af is over 39 days it means your not ovulating, does anyone know if this is true and if it is is there anything i can do to try and help the ovulation?

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Have you tried using an ovulating kit? Maybe a little hard since you not even sure if you are at all though or when to start testing............I would recommend seeing your doc and ask what tests can be done. They may send you to a fertility clinic for further help, dont worry though, they are really nice at those places and so supportive.
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:21 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun,
I wouldn't start to worry just yet. I'm in exactly the same position as you. I had a miscarriage in january and since then have had really really long cycles. First was 6 weeks as normal after a m/c, then 58 days and now on day 76 of this one. It's driving me mad but after my bfn a few weeks ago I went to the docs to ask some advice as a friend mentioned that I might not be ovulating. Unfortunately the doc said that he was unable to do a blood test to check as due to the long cycle he doesn't know when to do the test when it would usually be done on day 21 of a normal 28 day cycle. He said not to worry at the mo. Just because you're having a long cycle, it most likely means that you are still ovulating, just much later on. Everyone's luteal phase is same - 12 - 16 days after ovulation, your af will arrive so you still have a chance sweetie. His advice was just keep bding at regular intervals to increase chances of catching it and i'm afraid it's a pain of just waiting to see what happens and they can do tests after a year of trying. so for me it will be january if I'm not succesful before.
Believe me hun, I know what you're going through and it's really really tough when we have to wait so long for our af to arrive when most people have had three cycles in one of ours! How long are your cycles? stay positive. If you're af hasn't arrived, look at it as a good sign - there's always still a chance of you conceiving. Lots of people have advised for me to track my temp to check to see if it rises at any time which I will do on my next cycle if i'm not pg this time. I'm here if you need me at any time. xxxx
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
HI Mmore,

I think it would be worth you charting your temps next cycle as this shows a temp increase when you ahave ovulated, if you chart for at least 3 months, then if there appears to be a problem, you can show your doctor to get relvent tests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular