Is she too hot or too cold!!!!!!

BabyGill
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:34 pm 
Post subject: Is she too hot or too cold!!!!!!
I am due to give birth to a girl in 4 weeks and have started worrying about my baby sleeping in the moses basket in our room. It may seem like a silly question but I can't sleep at night in a warm room, I like it fairly cold but will this affect my baby. What is the best way to lay her to sleep - should I put her in a short sleeved bodysuit and wrap her in a blanket or a long sleeved baby grow and wrapped in a blanket!?!!?!? Im really worried that I will either overheat her or she will be too cold. Can anyone offer any advice?!!? Very Happy
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, my lilltle girl is now 12 weeks and has always slept in a long sleeve sleepsuit with a short sleeved vest underneath, just a a cellular blanket over the top, but im like you prefer the room cold and it never done Ella-Lou any harm, if your babys too cold im sure they would let you know but as too being to hot i would never let Ella-Lou get too hot as ive been told that it can relate to cot death.

hope this helps let me know!

Kayla
BabyGill
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Thank you Kayla thats good to know. I suppose if she lets you know if she is too cold she will also let you know if she is too hot as well. Many thanks for the response and congrats on the baby girl x
lynziloo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I had similar concerns with my little boy. He is 17wks now and we have no heating in our house. I've invested in a room thermometer to ensure that the bedroom is the best temp for him.
At the moment my boy is wearing a long sleeve bodysuit, sleepsuit and scratchmitts to bed. He is currently in a sleeping bag but I know these aren't suitable for new babies.
I swadled in the early weeks. It keeps baby warm and makes them feel safe and secure. I know the only thing that health professionals say a big no to is wearing hats in beds.
Hope this helps alittle, once your little one gets older do look at sleeping bags, they're excellent!
lindyloo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
invest in a sleeping bag from a company called growbag. com they are fantastic for keeping baby warm x x x x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular