October mummies

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations cupcake! I used to tell people Amy was going to be called Isla when I was pregnant. They would say what a beautiful name it is until they realised that her surname would be "White"...

How are you doing Laura? good news that you've found Georgia a nursery that you're happy/comfortable with Smile

Has everyone got 2 children now apart from me? Sad wonder who will be the first to 3... Shocked Amanda? Jade? Stars?
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
it won't be me Sad It's pretty unlikely anyway unless there is an accident or we earn more money (like 10k a year at least...)

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
Isla Rose is a beautiful name cupcake, and that was what Abi was going to be at one point, But Daddy chose Abigail Cecilia-Rose instead, Smile So i can say i completely love her name,

We are thinking about ttc'ing again October, But i may change my mind before then lol,

Has anyone elses 1/2 year old turned into 14 year olds, OMG Beth is like a bull in a china shop with attitude, She is driving me mad, Naughty police are now our thing to stop her misbehaving, Seems to work wonders when half way through a fit my mobile rings like a siren lol,

Sorry i have not been about a while, Abi as been cutting teeth and we have had 7 in one go and another on its way so she has been a little crabby to say the least,

Beth as had her offical start date for school and i had to say i cried like a baby,

I hope everyone is well and i promise to catch up on posts asap xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
dizzylamb - yes im doing well thanks:) some days are better than others but im getting there i feel a lot better emotionally. and yes im so pleased ive found a nursery that I feel comfortable with. are you getting fed up ttc? how long have u been ttc? i really couldnt imagine having 3, 2s enough work for me lol.

stars - i like the naughty police thing. we still use that with louise lol. georgias favourite word is mine everything is 'mine' she shouts it at the top of her voice i really dont like her saying it so im just tryign to ignore it and hope its a phase that will pass.

wow 7 teeth at once! spose you may aswell get as much out of the way in one go.

aww bless. when does beth start school nursery?

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
She goes in November start of term,

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
scary isnt it how fast they grow up.

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Oh yes, Its even worse having a second they seem to do everything way to early, Sad Even Abi as attitude and laughs at me when she is doing something she knows she shouldnt lol

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 am 
Post subject:
My hubby has said he wants to start TTC on Christmas Day ( Rolling Eyes Laughing ) although I'm not so sure. The two boys keep me so busy, and most days I'm super stressed I really don't know if I could cope with three. Yesterday I had a day from hell! It just felt like I spent the whole day yelling at Noah. Like you said Stars, he seems to be 2 going on 14. So much attitude. I ask him to do something politely and he down right refuses. I get sick of hearing my voice shouting at him to do something, or to stop doing something because he just refuses to do a single thing I ask. I don't smack him, but do use the naughty step, which always has him in tears and begging for forgiveness, but then 5 minutes later he's doing the same thing! (Which normally involves smacking Sam Mad )

On a good note, we've had no wet accidents for about a week now. However, after doing one poo on the potty last week, he hasn't done any since. We had one accident in his pants, and two other times I've had to put a nappy on him so he could poo as he was crying with pain saying his bum hurt (I knew he was holding a poo in on purpose). He's also only pooing every other day (rather than at least once a day like he used to do). It's worrying to know he's holding them in on purpose for whatever reason.

I'm back at work on Monday, and in a way, I'm sort of looking forward to it. I don't really enjoy work that much, BUT I think for the sake of my own sanity I just need to get out of the house for a few days a week and feel like I'm something other than a mum. How selfish does that make me sound?! Crying or Very sad

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 am 
Post subject:
It dusnt sound selfish at all mandy, its totally understandable. Iv been seperated frm my husband for nearly 4 weeks and its hard work looking after the kids on my own. My husbands been having them once or twice a week and i really cant wait to hav that break. It sounds awful but i really need the time out and im really dreading the school holidays. None of my family hav offerd to even luk after the kids for a few hours i really cant believe how thoughtless theyv been.

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:12 am 
Post subject:
I'm lucky to have my mum so close, she really helps out with Amy and I would probably go mad if I couldn't take her over there for a bit when she's driving me bonkers!
Mand - the poo's take a bit longer to master I think. Amy didn't like to poo on the potty at first but she gets up most mornings and has a poo now!
She's been having loads of accidents lately though, it's like she doesn't know when she's going to wee anymore, I think she might have a uti or something. took her to teh docs last night and left a sample so just have to wait for results now. I also asked about the fact that her nose hasn't stopped running for the past 2 and a half years, I was determined not to be fobbed off with "they pick up cold after cold at nursery" like I normally get. I waited over a week for the appointment so I could see the nice lady doctor (she has a 2 yd old herself). She has given Amy hayfever medicine to take for 2 weeks and see if it helps. if it helps then it must be an alergy of some kind but we'll just have to wait and see.
Laura - we started ttc ages ago (i know lilgem & cupcake started after us) but it's sort of on hold now as we've not really been getting on and we're skint!
Must try "the naughty police" soon, Amy is a right little madam too Laughing
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
dizzylamb - yer i saw ur post, hope u can sort things out.

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 am 
Post subject:
Laura glad your feeling happier, definately make the most of your alone time your definately earning it looking after the two girls
Dizzy sorry to hear you and oh are having a tough time do you think you'll be able to work through things?
Mand glad the potty training is going well I'm sure he'll soon get the hang of Pooing too, is he shy about Pooing in front of you, my friend put the potty behind the sofa and her little boy started using it as no-one could see him. Fin tests my patience too I feel like I tell him off a lot more lately, he luckily doesn't give me attitude just grumps!
Stars its definately between you and mand for number three, I only ever wanted two so am definately done!
Cupcake hope all is going ok with isla and her big brother is coping ok
Well I feel like I've spent the last three weeks constantly at the doctors, fin is on his third week of antibiotics for his ear infection, it is disgusting, still pudding and very sore. Unfortunately these new 'hardcore' antibiotics are disgusting so fin had chocolate buttons on hand to take away the taste poor thing! Ollie has started infant gaviscon today, he has been fine with the reflux, it doesn't bother him but his weight has dropped from the 50th to the 9th centile, he has made it to the grand old weight of 10lb now but doc thought he needed help keeping the milk down! So far two feeds in we have had no sick!
I had a night out on sat had some champers with my sisters, it was lovely and I stayed at my sisters house so even had a whole nights sleep oh coped fine so I'll try to persuade him to do it more often, I wish!!

xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the comments ladies. Isla is doing really well and going 3-4hrly with feeds (most of the time) although she does usually have a period of cluster feeding and at the moment that seems to be between 10pm-2am. I perservering with the breastfeeding and it's so much easier with her than it was with James.

Dizzy - sorry to hear that you and your OH are not getting on at the moment, hope things sort themselves out.

Amanda - Noah will get there with the potty training - I think a lot of children have trouble with pooing and many hold it in which can cause problems, James was panicky about doing them but luckily it didn't last long with him and he goes ok now. Good luck going back to work - I don't think it's selfish at all and totally understand how you feel - I think us 'Mums' have to have that time for ourselves to feel sane again and is so lovely to see their little faces when you come home at the end of the day.

Laura - Glad your getting there and the girls are good for you. Must be a relief to find a nursery that you are happy with.

Stars - Wow Abi cutting 7 teeth Shocked - bless at least you got them oout of the way in one go - I bet she was crabby bless her heart! Love the naughty police siren - may have to get that one myself

Dizzy - Laughing Laughing your comment Isla White Laughing Laughing

Gem - poor fin - hope his infection clears up soon, sounds like he's had a real time of it bless him. Fingers crossed things stay that way with Ollie and he gaviscon.

Our little ones are growing up fast Sad - I think they are obviously at an age where they are really finding out who they are and testing our patience Evil or Very Mad James is certainly giving us a run for his money but I wouldn't swap him for the world. he has been really good with Isla and kisses her and tells me that I have to stroke her like this mummy - very gently mummy but then in the next breath he says he's going to flush her down the toilet!!! Laughing Laughing

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:05 am 
Post subject:
yes its a big relief to find a nursery that im happy with and georgia seems happy with:)

ive applied to go to college in september, really hope i get a place im really looking forward to going, will give me something to focus on and then get a job afterwards hopefully.

cupcake - hoe funny saying hes going to flush his sister down the toilet.

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Where have we all gone?!! Shocked

Well I've been back at work for almost 2 weeks now (although I break up for Summer tomorrow!) It's been SO easy compared to looking after the boys. I'm almost going to miss it during the summer. Although hubby also breaks up tomorrow, so we've got 6 and a half weeks off together. We're thinking of booking a caravan in Wales or somewhere for a few nights. (The thought of flying somewhere with the two of them fills me with dread - especially as Noah's still at that inbetween stage of potty training - what on earth would I do with him?! Put him in nappies or not?!) Anyway, so we thought a holiday in this country just a short drive away would be better.

Potty training is going ok actually. We're fine with wees, but with poos he insists on having his nappy on (he even asks me now to have a nappy on when he wants to poo). We'll get there eventually I suppose.

How is everyone else doing? Why have we all gone so quiet! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268 ... 270, 271, 272  Next
Page 267 of 272

Jump to:  

Community

Popular