October mummies

CustardCream
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,
Not getting much of a chance to get on here since i got home!

Can I be added to the list too!

William was born after a short labour of 3hrs 46mins at 1:46am on Monday 26th October, he weighted 9lb 6oz!

Can someone please direct me to where the birth stories are!! Keep seeing notes from people saying they have posted there birth stories and would love to have a read but not sure where to locate them?

Custard
Blender
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All! I just found this thread. I haven't been on in a long time, I just haven't had time. My back has been a mess since I gave birth, and I'm having a hard time just picking my little guy up. He's been pretty good though. He sleeps well, and only has a scream down for about 2 hours in the afternoon. Better then, than in the middle of the night! CustardCream, I believe the birth stories are below general chat...."birth announcements". I hope everyone is doing okay, and getting used to their bundles of joy!
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
of course I will add you to the list (although gimme a few mins little man is waiting patiently for his bottle - thought I'd get a spare hour to myself but oh no lol)

kayleighk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
hey all.. well little man has not got colic god love him ... although im trying him on the colief drops at the mo see if they help. he suffers so bad when its feeding time.

also i no its been mentioned b4 but what would be ure suggestions for a bedtime routine... want to start introducing one soon.. although he just wont seem to sleep in his cot... prefers his bouncer !
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:03 am 
Post subject:
list is updated phew

HAd a bit of a nightmare with tyler but I think he's having his 6 week growth spurt (a little early) hes just wanting to sleep all the time but he's so tired he won't actually sleep. Poor thing (and poor mummy and daddy) I'm meant to be helping my work out from home and I'm sat here working an rocking tyler to sleep trying to make sure es quiet so daddy can catch up on some sleep. I'm hoping after this things will settle down (but then he has to have his injections in 2 weeks... GREAT)

Kayleigh I've just started trying to put a routine in place but now that tylers having a growth spurt it's all gone out the window again. In fact he wasn't ever in a routine before either it's just even harder to try and get him into one now!

All I had been doing was trying to keep him awake for anywhere between 1 and 2 hours after a feed so that he would sleep better at nght he feeds every 4 hours (normally). At about half 5 ish he's normally awake and thats when I start bed time by giving him a bath, followed by little massage (with baby lotion) let him have a kick around with his nappy off and then after gettin him dressed give him a bottle and try to get him into bed asleep for 7. Sometimes if he wakes up hungry earlier (which he's been doing the past few days) we've have to play with him a little before his bath then bath then feed or half his bottle before the bath then the rest after.

I thought he was into a kinda routine but honestly it's all gone out the window at the moment so I'm just letting him decide what he wants for now.

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
Bethany as got herself into her own routine, she is fab, she wakes every 4 hours for a feed and generally as around 5oz, she is generally awake for an hour after all her day time feeds and wakes at 6.30pm ready for her 7pm feed and stays awake until around 8-8.30pm, as a feed before bed at 11pm and then she wakes at 3am for a feed and again round 6.30am,

The health visitor as been out today and weighed her and she is now 8lb 1 1/2oz, her birth weight was 6lb 5oz, i nearly dropped though the floor when she told me, but she is growing really well and the health visitor is really pleased with her weight gain, looks like she is going to be a little chunk like daddy and i were when we were little,

Hope everyone else is doing well,

And just to let you know SHELBYW had her baby girl yesterday weighed 7lb 7oz, she was due october 27th so was meant to be an october mummy to, she hasnt had any net access for a while so i thought i would inform you all

Stars xxx

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:07 am 
Post subject:
wow starts that's great I wish tyler was like that he doesn't know what he wants at the moment... hoping this will pass once he's had his 6 week growth spurt I eep hearing after 6 weeks they get less fussy... we will see about that!

My doc is giving me some drops to give him for the next 2 weeks before he has his jabs... has anyone heard of this before? I don't have a clue what it is they are gonna give him... will have to do some research me thinks.

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies I've finally made it onto the thread been so busy with visitors over the last week!!!! I can't believe lil Finlay is a week old now.
It's nice to hear everyone is ok although there are a couple of missing october mummies out there!!!
Finlay is being very good he hasa bath at 7.30pm the usually settles after a couple of feeds and goes for a 4 hour sleep then a 3 hour sleep so mummy and daay aren't doing too bad!!! I do get scared every night though that he will be awake all night but I keep my fingers crossed!!!!
Hopefully I'll get on here more often now to ctch up and get advice, thanks mammajade for being so organised
take care evryone!!!!!

xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
shootingstars wrote:
Bethany as got herself into her own routine, she is fab, she wakes every 4 hours for a feed and generally as around 5oz, she is generally awake for an hour after all her day time feeds and wakes at 6.30pm ready for her 7pm feed and stays awake until around 8-8.30pm, as a feed before bed at 11pm and then she wakes at 3am for a feed and again round 6.30am,

Stars xxx

Wow that's great, I wish James had this routine. Laughing

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
n1c wrote:
Hi ladies, just got round to posting my birth story.

Scamper, that must have been a bit of a concern to you but glad Lily is doing ok now.
Hope the mastitis clears soon, my nips are cracked and have been bleeding and that was bad enough. I too have had to combine formula and breast - feel awful but I am determined to work through the pain.

Mummajade, I wish my baby slept through till 4 (mind you Tyler is a bit older). Overnight James is asking to be fed every hour, sometimes half hour and it's awful. I am trying to keep him awake a bit more in the day (starting today) so we will see what tonight brings. My OH is going away on a course tomorrow until Friday so I will be alone at night with him and am dreading it, Mum has offered to stay to help me with everything. I love your description of the chicken korma sauce explosion - thats the perfect way to describe it and I have experienced a few of those Laughing

N1C - my little man is doing EXACTLY the same as yours - awake almost all night demanding a feed at least every hour. NOTHING will get him to sleep at night. He's an angel in the daytime - he feeds, sleeps and plays well - but at night he turns into a screaming monster. Still love him to bits though and he IS worth every sleepless moment - but I sure hope he changes soon!! x

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,
First post in the October mummies thread! OH back at work today so I canfinally get on the computer for more than 5 minutes. Haven't even wrote my birth announcement yet!
Well baby Amy is doing well now, she had lost a pound at her 5 day weigh in and I had to take her to the hospital where the mean horrible doctor took blood from her, it was so awful!! The doctor kept saying we would have to stay over night but I was determined she was coming home because I knew she was fine. I had breast fed up to day 4 but had to send OH to tesco at 3am for formula because I knew she just wasn't getting enough off me Sad
All her blood tests came back fine and although I did intend just topping her up on formula I ended up switching completely. She found the formula hard to digest and it seemed cruel to swap and change between the booby and the bottle all the time. I'm glad we did switch, it's a lot less stressful for us both, her tummy is used to it now and she's getting into a routine of feeding roughly every 4 hours and piling the weight on again now. Smile
Been reading all the October birth stories, congratulations to everyone (especially LauraG, what a queue jumper!!)
Can't believe how fantastic it is to be a mummy, I am loving every minute and it's true what they say about forgetting the trauma of labour when you hold your little baby... Very Happy
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
awww glad your doing well dizzy!

Tyler's started being more active so much so that I'm sure he would stay awake all day if I let him... in fact today so far (and it's half 3 here now) he's slept for about 1 and a half hours... and he was up at 6. There's no sign of him sleeping anytime soon but I wish he would because he'll end up being real grumpy again and I will have to resort to smoking if he does lol.

He's 6 weeks old today Shocked can't believe that this time 6 weeks ago I'd just given birth omg! AND half way to the magical 12 weeks when I keep getting told everything will get easier hmmm I won't hold my breath Smile

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies

I have been struggling to get on here lately. Feel rushed off my feet! Jack is doing really well, he is a darling in the day but like a few of you have already said - he is a monster at night. I am sure he has colic as it similar times and since i have started dentonox he has improved but his poos are like chicken korma explosions now Laughing He is 4 weeks old 2moro and was 9lb 7oz at 3 weeks - getting him weighed again 2moro but i know he is over 10lb as none of the 10lb sleepsuits fit anymore. He has proper chunky cheeks now too. I too am looking forward to 12 weeks but i am only a 3rd of the way there and really dont want to wish his life away! Hope all of the october mummies are doing well! xxx

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:28 am 
Post subject:
had my little man weighed today he's put on over 1lb in two weeks he's now 10 lb 8 oz and another 1 cm longer so doing well Smile

also got some powder to add to his milk to help with the poohing and he got given some "drops" that he has to have 2 weeks before his jabs (?) no idea what they are but hey...

My doc wants me to make tyler sleep on his left side too as his head is going wonky and he doesn't like having his head on the left hand side at all so gonna try sleep him on his side in the daytime (if he ever sleeps again that is!) haha. poor wonky head man Smile

Anyway he's crying for food now so better go!

xx

xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Had my first visit from the Health Visitor today and James got weighed for the first time since birth - he now weighs 10lb 7 (9lb 10.5 @ birth) so has gained which I thought he had as he's cheeks are really looking chubby now.

She was impressed with his gain and his reflexes - he's such a strong boy. I'm still perserving with the BF although am still giving him the odd bottle here and there Embarassed

I still can't believe he's mine.

Hope all you ladies and babies are doing well and are getting some sleep! x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 270, 271, 272  Next
Page 4 of 272

Jump to:  

Community

Popular