October mummies

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
I'm so jealous of those of you that work in schools, I need a holiday but we are totally skint and it's depressing Sad just a week off work would do but we've got no money to do anything and the weather is so rubbish at the moment.
I've lost 17lb on my diet now so pretty pleased with myself. I found a plastic playhouse for sale on facebook for £5 today. The bloke said it was pretty dirty and had no door but I thought it would keep amy happy til I could get a better one. When I got there, it just needs a clean with the pressure washer. he foundthe door when he pulled it away from the wall and it wasn't broken or anything so should go back on and I think it will look as good as new. Amy will love it anyway, just need some sunshine now to get out in the garden!! Laughing
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Glad works goin well mandy and caravan holiday sounds gd.

Well done on loosing all that weight dizzylamb. I Well jelous, i want a playhouse for the garden for Georgia but theres none for sale round here.

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Dizzy well done on the weight loss that's brilliant, I'm back at weight watchers got a stone to go! Is the house you got the one in your facebook piccies? If it is then what a bargain it looks brand new and Amy looks super cute!

Mand hope your enjoying your holidays can't believe your back at work though. I'm feeling a bit cheated now as I'm on rubbish mat pay and I'd normally be getting full pay and 6 weeks off! The caravan sounds lovely, we're of to Brighton in august and then centre parcs. Luckily Brighton is free as oh family are from there! The weather is supposed to perk up a bit next week too!
Hope everyone else is all ok
Fin is so funny at the moment he is coming out with such funny comments, ouyou can have proper conversations with him now although he still says why every other sentance!
Ollie is also doing ok, his weight is gradually increasing and he is still mega chilled out, he has also slepth through from 7-6.30 the last few nights I'm soooo lucky, he is just not a very hungry baby.
Anyway best be off no rest for busy mummies!!!

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:25 am 
Post subject:
I am lucky with Beth she doesnt say Why but he does say What for instead, ,
Just been sorting out a holiday and then other bits and bobs with the house, Kitchen is now getting sorted, The council but us some new work tops in and i managed to get the kitchen i wanted off ebay for £30 and have some left over to sell on so all gd,

Was sorting out Beth's uniform for Nursery yesterday i can't believe my Baby is starting school in just over 3 months, More to the point i can not believe she is 3, How quickly as that flown by,
Abi is doing really well too, She is in a big girls bed well as been for 4 months, and is walking, talking, she is just like a mini Beth, Starting the whole potty training with her after xmas i think maybe before if she keeps showing interest in the potty,
I have manage to get her off her Dummy in the day time and bottles disappeared around the same time as her cot, I was only saying to Oh how much easier it is to go the big milestones when its your 2nd time around,

I have managed to get down to a size 14 again and they are slowily starting to get baggy, I will be a size 10 again if it kills me,

Struggling with what to buy for Christmas now Abi as all of Beths old things and Beth as enough to keep her happy, without spoiling her, And idea whould be great,

Hope everyone is well, will try and get on again soon tc xx

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:02 am 
Post subject:
I seem to never get time to come on now! Glad everyone is doing well, the past two weeks the boys have been getting ill, finlay hasn't put on any weight in 2 months but grew 4cm :/ tyler started asking not to go to nursery, and last night he was sick twice, shivering with a temp of 39 so back to the dr s for the ummm 4th time this month Sad
We go on holiday next thursday back to jersey for 3 weeks to get out of the heat, the nursery closes for 2 weeks so we had to really, can't stay here and entertain him when it's too hot to go outside. Really looking forward to it. Ummm tyler is getting a bike for his bday if I can find one and finlay is getting a wooden activity cube and some bath toys, for christmas tyler has lots of bits we got from disney and not sure about finlay as he has tylers old stuff but I feel bad not getting him his own new presents lol

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Jade - we have the same problem - Sam hardly gets anything because Noah had it all before him. Clothes, toys, everything. Even when it was Sam's birthday, Noah laid claim to everything as Sam just wasn't interested and Noah just says "No, it's not Sam's, it's mine" Rolling Eyes

I've been on the lookout since January for bargains for Christmas presents for both of them, but every time I've bought something (which hasn't been often) I've ended up giving it to them then instead of waiting.

Sam got some money for his birthday of relatives, so we cracked open Noah's piggy bank which has money in from his christening and birthdays and Christmas, and we've bought a wooden climbing frame and slide for the garden. My Dad finished building it yesterday (it took him 3 days Shocked ) and Noah LOVES it! We put his paddling pool at the bottom of the slide yesterday when it was really hot, and he went whizzing down the slide into the pool. It was SO funny! He kept doing it just to make me laugh. Both boys were running around completely naked, it was so cute. Don't you wish they could stay like this forever?

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:13 am 
Post subject:
I feel bad for Finlay because he doesn't get much new stuff... but then I think well when he is a bit bigger they'll both get presents together bigger things that they can both use... well that's the plan!
although Tyler is now asking for things and i'm not getting them and telling myself I'll get it for Finlay instead (I can imagine Tyler won't be impressed but maybe he will have forgotten by then!)

We want to get a nice climbing frame outside for the kids but they are just so expensive here. I was going to get one of the little tikes style plastic ones, but over here they cost over a grand! I've seen some on Amazon for 300 that I can delivered here, they're not as good as what I wanted but plenty for the boys to do.

I don't want Finlay to grow up he's so funny and cute and easy to deal with at the moment!

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
I agree babies growing up is horrible second time around but i think its because we know whats coming. What we thought was cute (naughty) with our first Lo`s does not seem as cute with the second time around.
I was only saying to my Mum last week how you aeem to push tge secind to do things as you know it can be done with ease and you dont seem to stress about things as much like when they are ill.
Getting rid of bottles, giving them proper meals, putting them into their 1st proper bed, Their first wobbly steps where you panic'd about them hurting themselves is no longer a worry. You seem to know they will get up and carry on.

I too dont get Abi half as much as Beth as she as all Beth's clothes toys shoes dont get me wrong she has odd bits but she never seems to need anything as it is already here. I think having 2 of the same sex so close in age doesnt help matters either. They both love doing the same things play with the same toys. I struggle at birthdays and christmas ob what to get Abi as Beth already as everything thats available for their age range.

We have just got back from Holiday we went to Butlins and it was fantastic both the girls loved it and i would recommend it to anyone. Took them swimming twice was Abi's first time as she was trying to swim off alone. She was just like Beth a duck to.water.

Hope everyone is well gtg screen is bouncing and i am using my phone tc xx

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies
Ollie too will be getting lots of fins old stuff poor things being a younger child means lots of hand me downs!
Stars butlins sounds really good fun, ollie went swimming for the first time last week and seemed to love it!
Mand the climbing frame sounds lovely, I bet the boys will love it
We've had a bit of a busy time I'm loving the Olympics we've been up a couple of times and took fin once, it is amazing fin kept shouting team GB but it sounds more like C B B!
I've put a post in your baby section about ollie as he is having issues with his weight, mand and stars I think your both reflux experts so if you could look I'd be really grateful.
Well best be off two hungry boys keep pestering me!

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies! Glad you had a nice holiday Stars. We've also just got back from a few days away. We stayed in a friends caravan in Wales - it was fab and the boys LOVED it! The weather was mostly dreadful but it didn't spoil our fun. We went to the beach, built sandcastles and flew a kite. We got so drenched by the rain that my hubby had to drive all the way back to the caravan in just his boxers!! Laughing We rode on a steamtrain (which of course Noah just LOVED). We went swimming a couple of times and like your girls Stars, both Noah and Sam love the water - Sam especially. We've said we're gonna make an effort to go to our local pool at least once a fortnight, and hopefully get Noah enrolled in some lessons. We've got some other days out planned for the rest of the summer holiday - it's been great so far, but is flying by Sad

Gem - I'll try and have a look for your reflux post. Thankfully, even though Noah was being sick up to 30 times a day, he always gained weight and never slipped below the 91st centile. Whilst this was good, it meant that I struggled to really get the doctors to take it seriously, as their attitude was always "well, he's a big, healthy boy and will grow out of it" (which, of course, he did - but it was still very frustrasting!)

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, how are we all doing?
I can't believe our "babies" are almost 3! I was pricing up birthday parties at one of the play centres at weekend but I don't think we could afford it really. There's one quite near home which is quite small but OK for Amy's age, they charge £7 per child, minimum 10 children so £70 which I think is quite reasonable, or you can have exclusive use for 2 hours for upto 20 children for £150 which includes food, party bags, juice and a birthday present. Sounds like an awful lot of money to me though Laughing Wish her birthday was in summer then we could just have a BBQ or something.

What's everyone else planning for their birthdays??
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
I doubt we will have a "proper" party - I don't know any other children Noah's age that well. Sad None of my close friends have babies or toddlers, so I imagine we'll just be celebrating as a family. We will do something special - go somewhere that he loves, like Thomas Land at Drayton Manor - but other than that, I'm not really sure. I've already got my eye on a few gifts - it's just so hard cos I always want to give them to him as soon as I buy them rather than wait!

We were at our local Wacky Warehouse yesterday. It was almost time to leave so I walked right up to the netting around the edge and was looking in for Noah (I'd already pulled Sam out of there and had him in my arms). I noticed a little boy who Noah had befriended come up out crying and holding his face. His grandma asked who'd hurt him and he turned around and pointed at this boy. I then saw the boy holding another boy by his hair and punching him with his other hand. Shocked I couldn't believe it! Someone had already gone to get a member of staff to help, and just at that moment, Noah came down the nearest slide and, completely oblivious to what was going on, walked straight into the middle of the "fight". The boy then grabbed Noah's face with both hands and scratched his eyes! I was helpless to do anything quickly because I was holding Sam, but a member of staff arrived and broke it all up and told the boy off. His mother had been sat at the table next to us and had her back to the play area the whole time she was there (about an hour). It turned out that the boy was only just 2 years old (he did look older), but who lets their kids play in these things without watching them?! I never take my eyes off the boys and have never taken them there by myself as there's no way I could watch them both, so hubby always comes too and we watch them like Hawks. I was so upset to see Noah get hurt like that. He was crying and he had scratches round his eyes, poor little thing. It's so not like him to cry - he's so rough and tumble and has been knocked about and pushed in there before, but he never lets it bother him. About 10 minutes later, another mother walked over to the mum of the horrible boy and told her that her son had punched and kicked at least 20 kids in there and that she needed to keep an eye on him! Anyway, gonna pour myself a glass of wine after a busy day. I hope everyone is fine - where has everyone gone!!?! xxx

xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

We've cancelled our broadband provider so borrowing my Mum's computer for a catch up as haven't been on here in ages.

It is pretty quiet on here isn't it?

Gem - you're so lucky going to the Olympics - I had it on constantly (joys of being on mat leave) and loved it, when they released more tickets I had a look but they were so expensive.

Isla is really a good girl, still mainly breastfeeding but have introduced the odd bottle and she sleeps through for the last few weeks (probably jinxed it now) usually last feed is between 8-9pm and will wake between 7-8am so is really good, especially for being bf. James is still waking in the night so I don't get a complete rest but hey ho!

I know I can't believe our babies are almost 3 - scary how quickly the time flies. OH wanted to hire a play place for James' party but still hasn't called them yet and I think they are too expensive - I'm sure it's close to £150 and I really can't afford that and that doesn't include food etc. Perhaps we should organise and Octomummies meet somewhere and they can have a little party together! Laughing

Dizzy - well done on your weight loss.

Hope everyone and the babies are ok.

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies, sorry I wrote a reply a couple of days ago and it never saved!
Can't believe our babies are nearly three at least we all seem to have survived the terrible twos.
I'm not sure what to do last year I used mums house as she has lots of room and had a party. I went to a party on sat which was really good, it was in a community centre (£10 per hour) then they had a big bouncy castle (£35) a crafty table decorating crowns or pirate hats, and a glitter tattoo table (she got the bits ofebay) we also had a couple of party games and some food. It was really nice. I suppose soft play things seem expensive but by the time add everything else in it isn't that different!
Mand poor Noah, there is always one horrible kid in every soft play you go to. I told of a kid last time I went he started punching this poor little boy who had just wanted to play with him. Ithought no-one else seems bothered what he gets up to so I'll go all teacher on his ass!! I always keep a close eye on fin as I'd be gutted if he was mean to another child.
Cupcake glad isla is doing well, I find looking after ollie much easier than looking after a toddler, I'm thinking it might get more difficult when he is on the move.
Mand thanks for all of the advice, ollie put on a whole pound in two weeks so stayed nicely on his line, the doc was very pleased
I'm so excited a are going to peppa pig world on Sunday, then staying in Brighton for the week, hope it stays sunny. I'm leaving the boys in Brighton on Thursday as I'm going on one of my best mates hen does in Edinburgh, a whole weekend off!!
Anyway take care allx

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 am 
Post subject:
Beth wont be having a party now until she is in fulltime school, It just costs way to much, Plau with having Abi thats 2 parties a year, which makes for a massive expense, We will be going out for their birthdays instead and having family time as we dont get much of that with Oh working all hours god sends,

Beth is still in the terrible 2s the closer she gets to 3 the worse she seems to get but i love her all the same, Will miss her loads when she starts school.
We took her to the Walsall show a fortnight ago and there was a small garden the children could go around and Beth ran up to some Lavender and said "daddy look its Ladiver" and proceed to rub the flowers between her hands, "smell Daddy" There was a lady stood behind her one of the helpers and she was amazed, and asked how old she was so i told her she as 2 1/2, She talked about how she had been the 1st child in there to know what the plant was, I told her that she knows loads of plants, And we asked her what flowers she had in her garden, so she pipes up, " I have pansies, sweetpeas, Petunas, roses, libelia, ferns, Oh and daisys and hiccups (buttercups) in my nannys grass" The lady was gobsmacked, I think she just though she had remembered the names of the plants, I then saw a box full of Pansies, and said to Beth "what are those" She runs over and says "there are some pansies and violes, The lady then runs off with her around the whole of the garden tell all of the people in there about what she know, and how old she is,
The lady turned out to be a teacher for 41 years and she that she is an extremely clever little girl and in the 41 years she as taught in schools around the borough she as not met one half as clever as what she is, Let alone at the age of 2, What school is she going too, (She doesnt go to school) But will be going to ........, She told me i had made a really good choice on the school i have choosen, With her level of skills she will do really well, I can say i was one proud Mummy that day Very Happy

Hope evryone is well and i agree it as been way to quite in here, Where is everyone hiding?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272  Next
Page 268 of 272

Jump to:  

Community

Popular