October mummies

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone, im back sorry its been a while kids have been keeping me busy and weathers been nice so been making the most of it:) ive also decided that im going to go to college and uni and become a teacher (something ive always wanted to do) im starting college in just over 2 weeks doing supporting teaching and learning level 2 and volunteering in a school one day a week and im also doing a counselling course at college (something im very interested in) it will take me 6 years to become a fully qualified teacher and i know its not going to be easy studying and being a mum but im very focused and ahve my mind set on doing it:)
georgia started nursery this monday on a week trail thing and shes doing brilliant, its a small group of around 6 children and will increase to aroudn 15-20 over coming months shes coping really well and the staff are superb they are managing her needs so well:)

stars - well done on your weight loss if ur determined then im sure you cna get down to a size 10:)
ive got the same dilema with xmas presents. louise needs a new bike and that means georgia gets her old one and the same with everything really so its hard deciding what to get and then you just end up getting things for the sake of getting things lol.
glad yas had a good time at butlins:)
and brilliant about the school uve choose for beth that its going to help her progress as shes already ahead of others.

jade - hope you have a good holiday in jersey:)

mandy - totally agree with you its scary watching them grow i just wish you could freeze time for a bit.

lilgem - do you live near london is that why you went there wen the olympics were on? (mega jelous btw)

dizzylamb - when the girls had a party last year it cost around £90 so because of the expensive i explained i wudnt be getting them a present but theyd still get prsents off other ppl and louise understand that the party she was getting was her present.

cupcake - an octo party meet sounds great! lol.

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:26 am 
Post subject:
I'm doing a party at home for tyler but then the weather will still be good st end of september and the kids can just play outside, got a few party games and will do some nibbles. Finlay is turning into a right diva, he just cries if he doesn't get what he wants Sad
He also won't eat textured food but will happily eat a biscuit or crisp :/
And he has no teeth, doesn't crawl and cba to roll lol he just likes to sit up and play! Tyler is questioning everything and turning into a right little bossy boots!

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies. Hope everyone and your little ones are well.
Beth is doing brilliantly. Had her weighed yesterday and she is 14kg and now on the 50th centile. She as dropped from the 91st but i am not worried as she eats really well and constantly on the go. I have started to get her uniform cor school and can not believe the price of a jumper £13 just because it as the school logo on. She looks so cute in it though but to grown up. Cant believe she starts in 2 montgs. I reckon i will cry like a baby. I have only spent 1 day away from her in 3 yrs and then she was out with Daddy. She has been learning her colours and phonics ready for when she starts and knows quite a few. I brought her some flash cards off ebay and they are brilliant oit of the 10 colours she knows 9 and she knows b for Beth, a for Abi, m for mum, n for nan, g for grandad, xfor kisses lol. She also recoginses the numbers 1 2 and 8. Knows all of her alphabet and can count to 20 although she misses a couple of her teens out. She as also started reading books she will tell you a story to the pictures she can see. And as started to teach Abi all tge things she knows too. Abi can count to 4 and misses a few and says 9 10. Knows and can tell you pictires in a book. I want a baby baby pleasssssseeeee.

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies sorry its been so long, I've been away.
Laura that's exciting news about becoming a teacher, let me know if you need any advice, although I'm still slacking off on mat leave, it was lovely not going back today!
Stars I'm really confused how is beth going to school, is it nursery attached to a school? Sounds like beth is doing well it'll be weird her not being with you but it'll also be nice for you to have some abi time!
Jade sounds good an outdoor party, fin really wants a bouncy castle but we can't fit one in the lounge and it definitely won't be nice here!
Well we all had fun in Brighton and I had a lovely hen weekend in Edinburgh, it was lovely having some me time but I did miss the boys! I've only got this week then we are away to center parks, that's it then until next year so don't think I'm someholiday floozie!
Ollie has a big weigh in tomoz so hopefully he has chunked up enough to get off the naughty list!

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:11 am 
Post subject:
Blimey stars i think tyler must be bigger than beth now he was 14kg a few months back and he was always atitch lol. Lilgem hope ollie has put on weight and off the naughty list?
We've just booked a holiday to cardiff for christmas and then a few days in salisbury to see the in laws for new year, I'm a holiday floozy too Wink

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
She is starting nursery. Its not attached to a school as she will change upto.and infants school and then to a juniors. She is going half days for 7 terms. Abi will do her 1st term with Beth when she starts May 2014.

lilgem81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Oh I see stars, its a nursery where they get to wear uniforms, I bet they look so adorable in uniform. Fins nursery they can wear what they like.
Jade that sounds exciting another holiday! Oli is still on the naughty list he is up to 12lb 7 now so just above the 2nd centile, he visited hid friend today who is 7 weeks old (oli is 17!) His friend has overtaken him in weight poor skinny monkey! The hv isn't at all worried it means I just have to get him weighed every two weeks!

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
He will be fine and will grow at his own rate as they all do, x

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:10 am 
Post subject:
this was the christmas that my step dad's mum wanted us all to go away on a cruise for but her health has deteriorated and so we're all going to see her for christmas instead. Means I can do christmas shopping in cardiff yay!

aww bless Oli he's a little titch. But that's a good thing means he'll be small and squishy for longer Smile

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, hope you're all well.

We're all doing ok. Back in the swing of things at work now, and crikey, it's so much easier than being at home! My boys are crazy! Love them to bits though. Every day they both amaze me so much. Sam is so cuddly and always gives hugs and kisses if you ask him - the complete opposite of how Noah was at that age. Even now sometimes, Noah wont give you a kiss if you ask him. Rolling Eyes

Noah is dry day and night now, but he still refuses to do poos on the potty. Instead, he will come and ask me for a nappy on - in fact, a couple of times, he's even gone to where I keep the nappies and put on some pull-ups himself to do a poo! He's such a stubborn, but clever little monkey! He knows all his alphabet now and recognises every letter and can you tell you what it is. Although, he often says "N" for both N and M, but I suppose it's a hard one to get right. He's still obsessed with numbers looks for them everywhere. He'll point them out on cars and buses, and can count to 29, but when he gets to 30 he says "twenty-ten" Laughing

It's been so long since I posted I don't think I told you all about Sam the other week. It was a Sunday morning and he fell off our sofa in the kitchen/family room and smacked his head on the tiled floor. He'd only learnt to climb on the sofa the week before and in this instance he climbed up, stumbled, and my OH reached out to grab him but just missed him. Sam obviously cried, but was really spaced out afterwards. I was so worried I rang our out-of-hours surgery but they told me to take him straight to A&E. Driving there I was absolutely terrified as Sam was just sat there in the car completely silent and staring into space. He didn't "chat" with me or do anything that he would normally do. I was crying and shaking as I was driving. Crying or Very sad We arrived at the hospital and the staff were brilliant and saw him immediately and, thankfully, it turned out he was ok. I think he was just in shock after such a bad fall. He really did smack his head hard. One of the worst things was having the doctor ask how it happened, and where his Dad was now, and what we both did for a living. It felt as though we were under suspicion. I suppose they have a legal obligation to protect children and I imagine they do see some horrific sights where people have abused or neglected their children. Crying or Very sad

Do you remember a couple of years ago, when our babies had just turned one, that my hubby was off to Germany on a school trip and I was asking you all if you'd mind if your husband volunteered to go off for nearly a week with work? Well, he's doing it again at the start of November! I'm dreading it! 6 whole days alone with the craziest boys in the world! How will I cope?! Shocked

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone.

lilgem - yer ill let u know if i need any advice or help:)

mandy - sounds like noahs doing brilliantly and glad sams ok and unfortunatley with the way the world is today they have to be suspicious.

jade - bet ur looking forward to ur xmas hol.

stars - bet beth cant wait to start school nursery.

so ive started college now and really enjoying it, louise is in year 1 now says she doesent like it but i know she does and georgia has setlled into nursery brillaintly and is doing really well. got a letter the other day to say she can start school nursery after her 3rd birthday but im happy with where shes at so ive asked them to keep hold of her details and if they can write to us with a place for net september.

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:19 am 
Post subject:
I'm here to Laura if you need any help. I am a qualified Teaching Assistant. Although due to my babies i haven' t startes in a career yet x

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
didnt realise you were a qualified teaching assistant:) and im sure you will be able to start your career when the girls are older.

So ive finally decided that I am going ahead with the divorce. I know its goin to be difficult but ive got support and im determined to come out of this happy.

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:55 am 
Post subject:
Well that's it, my baby isn't a baby anymore 3!.can you believe it! Sad

xxJadexx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:56 am 
Post subject:
Well that's it, my baby isn't a baby anymore 3!.can you believe it! Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272  Next
Page 269 of 272

Jump to:  

Community

Popular