blood tests to check ovulation is happening

missusMop
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 pm 
Post subject: blood tests to check ovulation is happening
hi everyone

is it just me not reading enough or has there been no BFP's for a while on here?

My AF has arrived today. I am not that upset because my last cycle was 97ish days, so this time I am pleased they seem to be normal again. But also upset that I am not pregnant.
I have been told to go back to the hospital on the day 3 for them to take blood and then again on day 21 and they will check to see if I am ovulating. However if I have a longer cycle than the 28 days could they miss it by taking my blood on day 21?? I never asked them.
My husband is having to get checked out too - bless.

Been trying since October last year - seems ages ago. As every month comes and goes it gets frustrating beyound belief. I am thinking of the huge gap there will be between my daughter who is nearly 4.

oh well lots of BD to get on with this month Very Happy
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun - sorry to hear your af arrived but happy in a way because as you say, at least they're settling down. Unlike mine! Day 77! Whoop! Hehe!
My doctor said they couldn't do the blood tests on me really as they don't know when I ovulate cos of my long cycles. I think it's strange they're doing a blood test straight away, I thought they would probably wait to see if the next cycle is short again to see if you're settling down - but doctors know more than me so i would trust them! Don't really know how accurate they will be. Have you tried charting your temp? xxxx
missusMop
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
hiya Sarah

thanks for replying.
I am quite happy they are going to check my blood for this because I really don't think I ovulated this month because I didn't get sore boobs or anything. I didn't bother checking my temp this time because I found it so difficult last time (and I kept forgetting to do it).

We are actually moving house next week and have family staying with us for a few weeks after that so it will be an interesting cycle!

Sarah i really hope you get a BFP very soon! 77 days - I really am hoping for you! I don't know what happened to me last time but it was a nightmare. i totally feel for you and know what you're going through.

Man my cramp is so bad! Forgotten about this! Mad

xxxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Awww good old cramps! Lol! My boobs are sore at the mo and have been for the last 6 -7 days - i never usually get sore boobs when af due and when ovulating, and last time I had sore boobs I found out I was pg so i'm really praying it's my time again especially as my baby would have been born this month! But what will be will be.
I hope you get bfp soon hun too! You deserve it. xxxx
missusMop
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
god you must be so excited that you are pregnant!
let me know as soon as you do a test hon!
Good luck - how exciting!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Awww thank you hun - you just got me even more excited but I'm kinda dreading it now cos really have worked my hopes up to convincing myself I am! I'm going to be sooo gutted but maybe have to look at the fact it may be too early still. Positive thinking!!

I'll let you know on Monday as soon as I know. Thanks for your support. I hope your af isn't too bad for you and wish you lots of luck for next month. xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular