diastasis of symphisis pubis

Sakura
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:33 pm 
Post subject: diastasis of symphisis pubis
hi everyone!

just after a bit of advice really, i had dsp when i was carrying my son and that started at 15 weeks of pregnancy. i had physio, the glamorous support belt, the pillow, exercises and beanbag but nothing worked until i gave birth and it eventually got better.

im now 20 weeks pregnant with our second nipper and dsp came back at 7 weeks of pregnancy and this time its agonising!! hips and surrounding areas constantly clicking, grinding n twanging - can barely walk when i get up in the morning and noticed it gets worse if ive sat still for a length of time. i just find it hard to do daily tasks while trying to look after my son who's 19months. (except when daddy finishes work then i can relax 4 a bit!) i'm still working and usually take crutches for extra support but again doesn't make much difference.

just wondering if anyone else has suffered this problem and did it start as early as mine did or am i just a freak!! if anyone has had it, any suggestions on how to relieve the pain!?!?! please help!!!!
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I had this but cant remember how far into my pregnancy it was.I never had it with my first child but have with this one...I spoke to my midwife & got advice.She told to lay on my side & swing my leg out of the bed but keeping legs together then get into sitting possition.When walking up stairs do one step at a time & the same coming down.When sitting on the toilet keep your knees together (passing urine used to realy hurt me).If you do any carrying shopping make sure the weight is even on both sides.
Was awhile ago for me & have been having real trouble with my hips at night.But i hope this helps you,you can always phone your midwife & seek advice at any time you're worried about anything...

Good luck let us know how you get on.....

Karen....
mistyme
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:48 am 
Post subject: Re: diastasis of symphisis pubis
Sakura wrote:
hi everyone!

just after a bit of advice really, i had dsp when i was carrying my son and that started at 15 weeks of pregnancy. i had physio, the glamorous support belt, the pillow, exercises and beanbag but nothing worked until i gave birth and it eventually got better.

im now 20 weeks pregnant with our second nipper and dsp came back at 7 weeks of pregnancy and this time its agonising!! hips and surrounding areas constantly clicking, grinding n twanging - can barely walk when i get up in the morning and noticed it gets worse if ive sat still for a length of time. i just find it hard to do daily tasks while trying to look after my son who's 19months. (except when daddy finishes work then i can relax 4 a bit!) i'm still working and usually take crutches for extra support but again doesn't make much difference.

just wondering if anyone else has suffered this problem and did it start as early as mine did or am i just a freak!! if anyone has had it, any suggestions on how to relieve the pain!?!?! please help!!!!
hi i just joined today after finding out im pregnant.yes i had this with my 2nd child.started at 4 months preg as she bore her head down so much it pushed my pelvis slightly apart.my daughter is now 8.sometimes you can have no probs at all after but i do.sorry to be a downer on this but the only time it bothers me.not to sound rude but when my legs are apart for any amount of time.ie on the motor bike.the idea is 2 keep them together as much as possible.for ex,when you get out a car,bring both legs out together,therefore keeping them together.try showering instead of bathing,avoiding your legs being apart while stepping into the bath.i understand how painful this can be,i hope this helps a bit,hopefully it wioll settle after baby is born and hope you have no further probs.take care.xx Smile
Sakura
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:52 pm 
Post subject: dsp
hi kazzz and mistyme!

thanks very much for the advice, will give it all a go and see how things progress. whether or ot things work doesn't matter, it's just nice to be able to express concerns and have support from the others on the site, you know you're not alone then - makes things less scary!

thanks again xx
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Yes it is good to be able to come on here & get advice..Knowing that you are not always alone with allsorts of things going on....We are all happy to help one & ither or none of us would be on here.... Laughing Smile
GOOD LUCK as i know how painfull it was for me....

Karen......
ps let us know how things go for you.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular