Wont settle

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject: Wont settle
My baby will not settle in her moses basket. She falls asleep in my arms but as soon as i move her to the basket she wakes right up and screams untill i pick her back up. I love having the cuddles with her but cant sleep at night. She is screaming right now as she is so tired but wont give in, please help me!!!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject: xx
awww leon is the same. he will scream as soon as i put him in it. he as only been doing it the past couple ov days tho. i make sure he isnt crying for no other reason. i.e nappy bottle warm cold wind. then wen im sure its cse he wants 2 be picked up i just let him cry. he soon gets tired n go 2 sleep. bt he is getting worse n worse. he will learn tho. he cn cry as much as he likes he isnt getting picked up on demand. im a single mum so wen no 1 is around he as 2 lay down so i can do his bottles n that. the tumble dryer nose sends him 2 sleep tho xx
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks lililamb, Im also a single mum so am finding it hard to do things when she is being that demanding!! I think I have to be a bit harder and just let her cry!
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:20 pm 
yeah hun sumtimes wen there crying 2 be picked up bt ya need 2 do sumin u have 2 let em cr. tho it so hard wen u look at them and there screaming.

how u coping bein a single mum hun. do u have any help ov ya family. i wunt be able 2 cope if i dint have my mum. if i want a bath or fag she will stit watchin leon xx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:45 am 
Post subject:
one tip for this, stretch a t-shirt that you have recently worn and not washed over the moses basket matress - the smell of you can help her sleep in the basket. If that doesn't work, when you pick her up for a cuddle, bring the mattress too - then when she drops off and you put her down its a much smoother transition. I also used to keep my face pressed right down to Isaac's face when he cried as soon as I put him in the basket - he'd often drop off again in the basket happily like that, then i could move slowly away Very Happy

If the worst comes to the worst you can always put her on her mattress on your bed with you.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:56 am 
thanxs 4 that devonmum i will be trying sum ov them tips....lil leon as turned 2 the devil lol...im only joking he such a darling really x
how r u n isaac xx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:04 am 
Post subject:
not too bad - having a bit or a 'mare with Isaac's flat head problem - it's got massively worse and has caused a muscular neck condition called torticollis, so we have to do physio on him 10 times a day, which obviously hurts him and upsets him a lot. The NHS mucked up the helmet to fix the head problem, and are generally useless, so now we have to go private and its gonna cost 2000 that we haven't got - so not great, but I'm sure we'll manage eventually!!

Leon is just beautiful by the way - I love the pic you use for your avatar. Makes me want another tiny one of my own!!! Very Happy

Hope those bits work for you hun - that t-shirt in his basket thing worked a treat for me D:
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:04 am 
Post subject:
ive been having the same problem with alfie...i feel as if i need to have him surgically removed from my arm!!lol
someone else suggested the t shirt thing to me but i havnt tried it yet although when im feeding him i snuggle him up in a small crib sheet and he seems to settle on that when i put him in his crib as its warm and smells of me.
i dont think babies like being put to sleep on cold things, like when we get into a cold bed, it wakes us up a bit!
hope we can manage to settle our babies soon and all get a good nights sleep. x
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:08 am 
aww sorry 2 hear this hun. its disgusting that u have 2 go private cse the nhs there getting craper n craper. i hope things get abit better 4 u soon xxxxxxxxx

hiya dawn. hws bein a mummy. i look like a zombie all the time lol. hows ya oh taking 2 things xx
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject:
DevonMum wrote:
I also used to keep my face pressed right down to Isaac's face when he cried as soon as I put him in the basket - he'd often drop off again in the basket happily like that, then i could move slowly away Very Happy

I did this with Hunter too. Would put him into his cot and if he cried I would sit next to his cot with my face near his so he could smell me and hear me breathing, I would talk calmly to him till he went to sleep. He got used to his cot, and I didnt have to let him feel scared/alone by just leaving him to cry. All he wanted was me and to feel comforted............and that doesnt last for long!!! Sad Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Lilamb Im finding it ok being a single mum. I have loads of help from my mum also, she sits with Freya whilst I have a shower or just need a few mins to myself!!!
Thanks for all your tips girls, will be putting them into pratice as I really need a good nights sleep!!!!!
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Tracie, I forgot to mention that you can buy CDs that play the noises of a mothers heartbeat and the bodys woooshing sounds (weird i know Very Happy ) I have a friend who used 1 to help calm her little girl, seems thats all she wanted was to be back with the womb sounds, it was comforting and worked for her. I havent tried myself though. (i spose thats where she first started to hear noise so makes sense i guess). Just a thought Very Happy
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:20 pm 
aww thats gud tracie. i nearly burst out crying when i registered leon alone. lol x
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
appaerntly the sound of the hoover, washing machine and dryer is simialar to the sounds in the womb so that should settle your baby straught away, worked for everyone i know thats tried it, some even taped the sound of the hoover to play when your busy
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
I never thought I would let Noah sleep in the bed with us, but the first few weeks I did because that was the only way he would sleep-I'm a very light sleeper. The first week or so he slept right on me so I was sleeping on my back and then transitioned him to sleep beside me on his back. Now he sleeps in his bassinet as long as I put him down when he's in a deep sleep.
I think when babies are too young, they're not able to soothe themselves, so I can't let him cry. I do pick him up cuz they also want to feel secure.
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular