? pregnancy weeks,

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:17 am 
Post subject: ? pregnancy weeks,
hi ask baby team,
First of all I want to say what a great website this is, its the only one i visit on a daily basis and find it very informative.
My question is, on my profile I have logged in my details and my babys due date which is 18th july next year making me in the 7th week of my pregnancy, but under your article my babys development it always takes me 2 weeks ahead, i know there is a 2 wk gap between actual week of pregnancy and how long the baby has been developing but that would make me in my 5th week ....aaagh im so confused! xx

Dawn
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:30 am 
Post subject:
Hi Dawn,

Definately one to get your head around, here goes.....

Basically as your due date is calculated from the first day of your last menstrual period for the first two weeks of your pregnancy you aren't actually pregnant as theoretically you've not yet ovulated. Its not until the so called week 3 of your pregnancy when you conceive and your baby begins developing.

This is why when you are 7 weeks pregnant (or in your 8th week of pregnancy) your baby has only been developing for 5 weeks.

I hope this makes sense - if not please let me know and i'll try again!!!

Really pleased to hear you're finding the site useful; remember if you have any suggestions as to features you'd like to see included on the site or information that would be useful then we'd love to hear your thoughts.

Han
ja43118
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:20 am 
Post subject:
I have to agree. There are a lot of sites that I visit for a nosy but this is the only one I log into every day.

As it appears is the case with most people - the doctors do not appear to be very interested in my being pregnant and there are so many questions I have. I am hoping my appt with midwife will be better - but it really puts my mind at ease to read about other people's experiences.

I dont know how women coped before these kinds of websites. There are loads of people I could talk to - sisters and friends - but as we arent telling anyone yet, I cant.

Thanks for having this hear - I have no bad feedback on this at all.
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much - it's lovely to hear that you're finding the site useful.

Han x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Site & Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular