WATER BIRTH?

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:41 am 
Post subject: WATER BIRTH?
Hi, im in the first trimester of my second pregnancy and am absolutely extatic about it,.
I had my first child naturally with no comlications and she was overdue by 2 wks but once she made her mind up she was coming it was very quick.
I really like the idea of a water birth but have not spoken to anyone who has had one... has anyone got any advice for me or can tell me the pros/cons of a water birth.

Thank you so much

Dawn..xxx
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi Dawn - take a look at our water birth page - http://www.askbaby.com/water-births.htm

Hope that helps.

x
rngrad2b
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:17 am 
Post subject: Water Birth
I have not personally had a water birth myself, but I did labor in the tub until it was time to start pushing. If you are a person who enjoys baths and finds them soothing, then I think that a water birth would be perfect for you! Check out my site... you might be interested in the "free printable birth plan". This can help communicate to all of the birth team members what you want out of your labor/preferences/wishes, etc...
http://ultimatebirthplan.googlepages.com/
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hello

I am 13 weeks pregnant with my first child and I have seriously been starting to think about having a water birth as it seems like it helps with pain etc. I would appreciate any advice from anyone about water births, i am terrible with pain!!
vickig
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I have just been to a talk at my hospital about water births and I am really keen to have one. I have really bad SPD and can't turn in bed (also have to use crutches) Everyone I have spoken to thinks it is a good idea as it is much easier to move in water. I am going in to labour with an open mind. What they said in the hospital is that if you don't like it you can always get out. I am not ruling out the other types of pain relief but I wan't to do it as naturally as poss. You can have gas and air when you are in there but if you want any other pain relief you have to get out.
je4ever
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
i am 8 week into my pregnancyand thinking about waterbirth.
DaisyElla
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
hiya,

i am too very much considering a water birth...
with a few quieries...
what is the percentage of actually having one...as in..dependant on the suits availability...
because surley, if im in labour and wanting a waterbirth...theres going to be some one else wanting same?

MrsSpringer
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
My first baby was a caesarean, i then had a home birth yayy!
Water was kind of involved but when it came to it - we could not get it warm enough, my lips went completly white and the mw had to slap me to wake up as i was drifting off.
i also could not get comfortable in it - but i hope that was to do with the temperature.
Although i gave bitrh on the sofa i ended up with a second degree tear and this time im going to get a better pool = and hopfully minimise the chance of tearing again - as water has that as a plus factor.

There is alot of research out there that prooves water is best for labour, obviously if you plan a hospital birth after section - they will monitor you from 3cm til birth so due to 'hospital presedure' the water birth is out the window (hense my home birth!!!)

I wish you the best of luck, let me know if u wanna no out else Smile x
ginger1985
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
i spent about half of my labour in a birthing pool, as soon as you sink into the warm water, the pain eases off anf u also get the use of gas and air too! the water is great for taking the weight off ur tummy which also reduces pain, not to mention that it's really relaxing. i was wanting to give birth in the pool but my baby's heartbeat sped up a tiny bit and they wanted me out so they could monitor her. but i would totally reccomend a water birth, i'm gonna really try to have one for my next baby! I've also been told by a midwife that water births are less traumatic for the baby too! hopes this helps!
joshlibmum
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:02 pm 
Post subject: water births
I had a water birth for my first child I was in labour 13 hours about half of that time was spent in the birthing pool its so relaxing and calming it helped so much to ease my pain (obviously not eradicate it totally)my baby was born in the water then placed on me it was lovely.I liked it so much I wanted to have one with my second child but there was no time as she arrived 25 mins after getting to hospital in the triage room(but thats another story)I would definately recommend it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular