explaining conception and pregnancy to a 10 yr old

nuttytart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 pm 
Post subject: explaining conception and pregnancy to a 10 yr old
after having my 12 week scan yesterday, i decided to tell my children the happy news...

now my 10 year old son is asking all sorts of questions, most difficult being how the baby got there!! (he had this idea that women take medicine to conceive lol)

im all for telling him the truth, but feel he is too young to hear about sex yet...

I decided to try and find and web site that might be able to explain it in 10 year old speak but failed miserably Sad

do you know of a site/book that may help my situation?

Thanks
Karen Smile
BandaPanda
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
there are some really good books to explain it for kids, check amazon for things like where babies come from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lets-Talk-About-Where-Babies/dp/1844281736/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256677180&sr=1-14

also some growing up books cover that too
happydiee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
it might not be a bad thing to tell him. he probs knows any way and maybe testing you? at my school we did sex ex when we was ten, and how a baby was made n what not. i dont know if that was me i would tell the truth but not all of the truth.. like mummy has a seed n blah blah. maybe you can call the school n find out if they have done lessons on it then?

hope that helps xxx

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 am 
Post subject:
I was going to say the same as happydiee, we too had sex ed at 10, and kids talk anyway, so if someone at school knows he will probs already know, but wants to hear it from you, I think its best to be open with you kids and tell them the truth and then in later life they know they can turn to you with any problems, The little lad upstairs as watched look whos talking, and now tells everyone, mum & dad, was playing in the bedroom and daddys fishes went into mummys egg and made my baby brother, mind he is only 6, so i think thats quite enough for him to know at the moment
Stars x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular