Temper tantrums.

jojo2277
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:37 pm 
Post subject: Temper tantrums.
My daughter is 19 months old and she was the perfect baby for 13 months of her life, but now she has turned into a screaming howling dervish of a little girl and just about everything sets her off, putting her coat on, nappy changing, mealtimes, getting in her buggy, bedtimes, just about anything that she is not in the mood to do, I am at my wits end, she has reduced me to tears on many occasions, and when she explodes she is virtually uncontrollable, she is so strong that she seems to be even stronger than me. I
am even worried she may have behavioural problems. She can be very loving at times always kissing and cuddling but the flipside is very different - the complete Jekyll and Hyde scenario. I am hopeful
she WILL grow out of it but that seems very far away at the moment, I do try and ignore her when she starts and stay calm but she is so loud that we may start getting complaints from our neighbours as she tends to wake up in the very early hours of the morning and scream at the top of her voice, my husband and I often suffer from serious sleep deprivation because of her. Please help we are in need of some good advice. Thanks.
helsbels11
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
hi there. sorry to hear your having a rough time with the temper tantrums. at the moment i am going through it too with my daughter who is 22 months almost. i totally empathise with you as it is exhausting emotionally aswell as physically. she will kick out and hit and scream if she cant get her own way or if you dont answer her almost immediately - sometimes difficult as you cant always make out what she is trying to say - and i like you hope she will grow out of it soon which im sure they will. i have no answers at present as i am still trying to work it out myself but i have asked for a home visit from my health visitor. is that something you could do? do not be afraid to ask for help, it does not mean your a failure.....a lot of the time i think us mums are so tired it makes it all the more difficult to cope with their little outbursts. i have noticed though that for a couple of days earlier in the week as i was a lot calmer and tried to ignore her tantrums rather than let them annoy me it made her calmer too. it is easier said than done and takes a lot of patience. i wish you and your hubby all the best and hope that you find something that works for you soon and your daughter will be more calm.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular