pain during early stage of pregnancy

LisaAC
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:00 pm 
Post subject: pain during early stage of pregnancy
I am 5 weeks pregnant and went to the doctors on Friday. I have been experiencing pain (stabbing) lower left abdamon only and some cramping, but no bleeding.

The doctor said that I need to go for a scan on monday to rule out an ectopic pregancy, so now I am really scared.

When I have looked up ectopic pregnancy on the internet is usually mentions bleeding.

Has anyone else experienced pain during the early stage of their pregnancy and have been ok.

Thank you

Lisa
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa,

I had exactly the same pain when I was first pregnant, it's really scary. I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and the pain has gone, so I assume everything is fine. Have my 12 week scan on 6th December, so will know for definate then, but everything seems good at the moment, still getting morning sickness etc!!! Hope all is fine with you, the pain just went away for me, but it was really frightening at the time, never went to the dr about it though, so don't know if he would have sent me for a scan.

Good luck, and let us know how the scan goes,

Love LD
LisaAC
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I have now been to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and had an internal scan, everything seems to be fine - not an ectopic pregnancy.

I have to go back on Thursday just for another scan, so they can check everything is ok again as i have been getting pain.

Just getting cramps and feeling really sick at the moment, but after reading some of the replies and comments on the forum cramping seems fairly normal for most.

thanks

Lisa
jhalo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I had cramps and pains in lower abdomen when i got pregnat back in feb, i assumed that cramps were normal, but i miscarried in March...i didnt have pain in one side though. Dont worry every case is different, Hope everything goes well for you and dont stress..

Good luck and takecare of yourself....
gorgeous1em
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, i am nearly 6 weeks (so i think) and i have the occasional cramp (period like pains). Seems to go when i change position when in bed or sitting down!!! Hopefully all is a ok. Got my first scan on wednesday - dating scan so hope to find out more xxx
tigrrboxer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
I had really horrible period-like cramps for the first 3 months, and spent all my time rushing to the loo to check for blood - I later read that it was the uterus going through radical structural changes. My doctor told me that it was absolutely nothing to worry about unless there was bleeding.

After 3 months the cramps I got were definitely gas-related Embarassed
booter
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, it sounds quite normal. I often had stomach cramps, never severe but I was always assured that it was just as a result of the growth of the baby. At around the 3 month mark I started getting ligament pain which is towards the side of the abdomen. I still get it every so often and am now 6 months so expect something similar, but it's only due to the ligaments stretching. Within the last couple of weeks I have been getting rib pain which can be irritating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular