What a mess!!

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:30 pm 
Post subject: What a mess!!
I feel like such a mess. My boobs are leaking all over the place, I feel like Daisy the cow being 'milked' every 4 hours by a very fussy baby, I have a urinary infection, piles and am still taking iron tablets, as I was anaemic after having Poppy, which is messing up my toilet habits!!! Add to that the fact that the house is a tip and I have massive bags under my eyes so look terrible, what a joy it is having a baby!!!

Sorry, needed a moan as I feel terrible. Anyone else feeling the same?

LD

P.S. looking at my gorgeous little girl does make it all worth it, but it is difficult to remember that sometimes.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
Lol I know just how you feel. My boobs leak all the time, I had a 'situation' round my firends house today and had to make a hasty retreat home Embarassed
I also have nasty piles and infected stiches so sitting down is my favourite thing to do, not!!!!
When Freya feeds she is like a hungry animal, feels like she just may suck my nipple right off Laughing
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
I had a 'situation' at the drs, so embarrassing!!!! Always carry a cardigan or jacket with me at the moment, just in case!

LD

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
Oh you poor things!!! Sad Its ment to be such a magical time. The movies always show a lovely sleeping baby, mum and dad a sharing some quality time together in a perfect tidy house with an amazing meal almost ready, you must be doing something wrong?

HAHAHAHA yea right, this is the part nobody tells you about!!! Baby crying, boobs leaking if you just look at them, dad at work, and you really feel you should be doing housework? Stop thinking that right now. If you have a good friend who you are happy to ask a favour of, see if they can put a load of washing on or do some shopping for you, whatever would help you the most. I know what its like to feel like a feeding, nappy changing, leaking machine and its not nice a. Luckyducky, you have a good moan whenever you want, sometimes its all we need to feel a bit better. I wish I had done it earlier!!
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:41 pm 
Post subject:
Too right HUNTER sod the house look after yurself and baby.

Hows you HUNTER???? PupX
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:44 am 
Post subject:
Teething Sad and all that it brings with it!!! Evil or Very Mad LOL
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:45 am 
Post subject:
thanks girls, it is good to have a moan sometimes! and know i won't be judged. will take your advice and stuff the housework, not easy when inlaws are coming round today, but they'll have to just understand!

ld

CL
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Dear luckyducky I know exactly how you feel. All I feel that I do is feed JAck all day i'm lucky to have a bath or shower I cant even think about housework. ~He takes so long to feed that Im too scared to go out on my own (im breastfeeding) not that i feel like it at the moment. Everyone keeps telling me it gets better so thats what im hanging onto at the moment. Take care xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
I know, I feel so trapped, as daren't go anywhere in case she needs a feed. The couple of short trips we have done, to tescos etc have ended up with her screaming her head off. My mum keeps reminding me she is still very young, so keep hanging on for when things get more settled. It feels like ages away at the moment.

LD

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
aw ladies, sorry its not what we all imagine it will be but just look at ur pictures of ur beautiful lil babies, poppy and freya are gorgeous and love the names by the way!!! congrats again to ye both and im sure ye are both doing fantastically well, we are our own worst critics. xxx

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
Poppy has done nothing but feed today, think she must be having a growth spurt, keep coming on here whilst feeding, just to keep my sanity. So nice to hear from others that I'm not alone, it's difficult to keep perspective when you are stuck inside with a baby permanently attached to your breast all day! I know you're right soon2b, and that Poppy is completely worth it. Very relieved that inlaws are now not coming til tomorrow, and that when Poppy's nappy just leaked it was on my husband and not me!!! Laughing

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
Did my first bit of 'public' breastfeeding today!!! Sat in Debenhams coffee shop with a muzzie covering my dignaty (whats left of it!!) Freya feeding from one side and my other side leaking nicley onto my top, will i ever learn!!!!!!!! Had to dry myself off under a hand dryer Laughing
Im loving this whole breastfeeding thing at the mo Rolling Eyes
Thanks soon2b, every one keeps saying how lovely Freya is but i keep saying, you wouldnt say that at 2 o'clock in the morning Laughing
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Well done Tracie, I haven't braved feeding in public yet, you are very brave. Will have to do it some time.

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:17 pm 
Post subject: xx
ooo i 8 the leaky boobs lol. my exex came dwn tday n they leaked lol. good job i cud laugh about it wi him lol i fort the milk was gone lol. leon is on 5oz now his face is so fat n squassy lol. hope u gals feel better soon xx
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
I take it from the posts that public breast feeding isnt really the done thing? Do people look at you strange? Its the opposite over here, whenever im giving Hunter his bottle, other mums look at me like I am doing him a real injustice. Your kind of treated like a lepper if you bottle feed. No one stops to concider that you had no choice. One woman, who Id never seen before!!, told me that Hunter wouldnt be as intelligent as other children and that any health issues he had would be my fault because he is on formula!! Sad A real kick in the guts, it was hard enough not being able to feed let alone hearing that!!
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular