Baby Grabs Her Head Alot!

Littany
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:45 am 
Post subject: Baby Grabs Her Head Alot!
Hi! I just have a quick question my daughter always puts her hands to the back of her head and I was wondering why she does this. It almost looks like she is reclining but I'm not sure why she does this? If anyone has this happen with there little ones please let me know. She is almost 5 months now.

Thanks so much.

Rebecca
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:05 am 
Post subject:
hi i really cant help you dont no y she does that.

maybe she has headache? or maybe shes just exploring her body?

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
My 4 month old daughter does this, i thought it was comfort, as she likes the touch of skin, she often strokes my arm when i'm cuddling her.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
does she seem in pain? sometimes they grab for their ears when they have teething pains
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 pm 
Post subject: Thanks for the information.
Thanks everyone for the good tips, I think she actually does it to communicate what ever she is feeling, like if she is frustrated, and needs comfort she will instantly put her hands behind her head as if to say "come help me or pick me up mommy". She puts her hands down as soon as I pick her up so I am assuming that is what she is trying to get to happen. She is also teething and she sometimes pulls on her ears but I think the hands behind the head deal is because she is comforting herself until I pick her up.

Thanks so much everyone,
Rebecca
SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
My little boy also does this, when I looked at him really closely found that he was stroking his hair, so for him must be a comfort thing. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular