How soon do you know you might be pregnant?

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:04 pm 
Post subject: How soon do you know you might be pregnant?
Hi there, I'm new to this forum!

About a week&half ago me and my long-term partner went away for a few days and I forgot to take my pill packet with me. I missed 2 pills, which i took when I got home. As we are in a long term relationship the idea of me getting pregnant isn't too scary, so we decided to use the withdrawal method. I am on Cerazette, and so I haven't had a period in months as a result.

I didn't worry too much at the time, but this last week or so since, I definetly haven't felt quite right. I've been feeling very tired, and I've been feeling a little constipated and needing to wee alot. I've also had tummy cramps, the feeling I used to get when my period was due. I've also had a lot more natural discharge than usual. I realise it would be very early to be getting pregnancy symptoms, and that it could be unrelated, but has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is there a possibility I could be experiencing early symptoms or is it more likely to be related to messing up my Pill? How soon should I do a pregnancy test?

Sorry if i sound a little confused! Thanks x
Suzannex
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:09 pm 
Post subject: clearblue? or Wait?
There are tests, (clearblue) that you can do 4 days before your period is due.. but to be honest as silly as it sounds just relax and wait for your period.

When you've got the idea in your head it can make little things seem big.. and its totally arghhhhh..! ive been there lol.

but honestly.. just give it time :] let me know x
GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Is it still too soon for me to test? Technically i'd be about 2&half weeks since conception now. I did a test 1 week ago which was negative, but im pretty sure this would of been too soon anyway (it wasnt a first response one or anything). My 'symptoms' arent as obvious now, which is making me think perhaps they were something to do with missing a few pills. I'm still getting tired and going to the loo a lot, and i've felt quite bloated etc. My friends keep telling me i'm being paranoid! Is it worth a test? Thanks xx
GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
P.S. I can't use my periods as an indicator, as the pill I am on, cerazette, means i haven't had a period in months. Im worried that if i am pregnant i may be harming the baby by continuing to take my pill...

....equally i could be worrying about absolutely nothing!!! X
Suzannex
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:18 am 
Post subject: blood tests?
Hmm.. well.. im going through a simular thing, ive been to the docs bout something else and i mensioned i may be feeling systoms but he said its too early at 2 weeks..

Best thing.. is go docs or ring.. explain ur worries about the pill.. and see how early u can have blood tests.. that way you'll know for definate..

Let Me Know.. Very Happy xx
GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Just to let you know, don't think I am pregnant. I've done a couple of tests now, even though it's relatively early, and both have been negative. My 'symptoms' have gone too. Oh well! It's not like we planned a baby quite yet, but when I thought for that minute that I might be a little part of me really wished I was! My partner had got his hopes up too! Hopefully one day in the not so far away future when me and my partner are more financially secure and I have finished my studying Smile good luck everyone else X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular