breastfeeding

shelleybaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:09 pm 
Post subject: breastfeeding
my babyis 10weeks old and is breastfeeding every two hours. i dont mind during the day as much, but he has started to do it through the night as well now. i am knackered! anyone got any tips Question
Hugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:47 am 
Post subject: Breastfeeding
Throughout the night is tough, I had the same problem. My midwife suggested that my baby (as with many) may not know the difference between hunger and build up of wind (due to frequent feeding). If you can hold off feeding every two hours at night to maybe every four and deal with the crying, that may work. I know that it is hard though. I introduced a formular feed at 10pm (given by my husband) to enable me to rest/sleep (which improved my breast milk production) reducing the need for baby to feed so often therefore he was taking/getting more at each feed. 4 floz formular max at this stage I guess. Best to check on side of SMA gold tin.

Kind regards
Smile
Nellie0808
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:42 pm 
Post subject: Breastfeeding
Hiya

I have breastfed my little girl who is now 5 1/2 months. She sleeps through the night 8.30 til 9am!! To get her to do this i started expressing milk in the morning, i would feed her off one side and express off the other, i kept this milk unitl the last feed before bedtime, and my husband gives it to her. I always feed her first though. this seemed to help her take enough milk to get her through the night, it also meant if she had a growth spirt i was one up on her!!

I hope this helps
rabz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject: breatfeeding trouble at night
Hi, my daughter is 3 and a half months old when i put her to bed at night she sleeps for only 2 to 3 hours at a stretch she then gets up for the feed and keeps getting up over and over again after every half hour to one hour. i get totally exhausted in the process sometimes i feed her while lying down sometimes while picking her up. most of the times im too sleepy and exhausted to see if its real hunger or not. i just feed her because its seems like her requirement at that time. she does not take formula milk ive tried alot of times but she refuses. i think she has gotten used to the idea of breast feeding and so does not accept the bottle's plastic nipple. ssometimes i feel that i should feed her on demand no matter if my night goes sleepless and hard because one never knows for sure how many ounces of milk the breast is producing at a certain feeding... so its better to feed her rather than keep her underfed and then underweight. i need big time help real urgent.please help me solve my problem!
Pipella
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 pm 
Post subject: breastfeeding trouble at night
Hi. I had the same thing with my daughter who would feed every couple of hours. My midwife advised me to feed on demand as, like you say, you cannot know how much they are taking. The way that helped me was to move her out of my bedroom and I would not go in to her straight away if she woke up. I only went in if she cried for longer than a few minutes. Eventually when she woke up she would fall back to sleep without me having to get up and feed her. You just need to break the routine that she's in. It's hard for a couple of days, but really does get better. My daughter is now nearly five months old. I have the same trouble with her refusing bottles, even with my milk in. I read in a book that when you give a bottle, before she sees it, distract her with a toy and then put the teat in her mouth and her natural sucking reflex should kick in. I haven't tried it, but if it works let me know! I really hope this helps. I can only say it will get better! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular