my ruby grace is losing weight :(

aj1986
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:50 pm 
Post subject: my ruby grace is losing weight :(
some of u might remember me i avent been on for about 5mnths... anyways rubygrace was born 6mnths ago at 32wks weighin 3lb 11oz she did really wel and we got her home at only 35wks! but thts wen our troublr started all she did was cry and was diagnosed with colic only 5 mnths dwn the line things hav got worse she has constant diarhea, excess wind, occuring chest infections, throws up every time i try weaning her, she has been put dwn as failure to thrive because she has lost weight, and is now being tested for cf, i just dnt kno were the past 6mnths av gone coz its been such a rollercoaster, it makes me feel so sad knowin tht there is something wrong with her but i dnt know wot, the doctor said this all cud b just side effects of being a premmie baby... so i was wonderin if anybody elses baby is suffering the same symptoms? xxx
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Izzy also born at 32 weeks 6 months ago. Thank goodness she is doing o.k but my brothers twins born at 36 weeks had similar problems they were diagnosed with a reflux and they can not eat dairy very well Izzy is nearly as heavy as them but she is 6 months younger, just keep pushing for test easy to blame that she was prem but might be milk you never know.

My heart goes out to you as I worry all the time with Izzy if she hasn't had 20oz of milk a day I worry nor sure if thats a 1st time mum thing or a mummy of a prem baby. At leaset she is having tests and once you know will be better maybe she will just grow out of it all. Good luck keep me posted nice to talk to someone else who had premmie.

toxicmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
What a worry! Hope they find out what the problem is soon. Best wishes with everything x
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
thanks to u both for your replys, rubys had her milk changed several times n it doesnt seem to make any difference she is now on aptimal easy digest which hasnt made any difference, they avent tested her for intollerances yet! they dnt rush do they lol she only drinks about 12 ounces of milk in 24hrs n is just really crabby, she has about 2 ounces every 2 hrs even thro the night (im exhausted) Confused am sure she wil get sorted soon so ill just av to plod on til then, its just a shame i cant enjoy her because she is so crabby, tinkerbelle- can i ask u how much izzy weighed at birth n how much she weighs now since they are such a similar age n born on the same week? xx
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
she was 4lb 7 at birth but due to collapsed lung then not tollerating my milk went down to 3lb 7 she was weighed last tue and was 15 and half lb. did the nutri prem 2 milk suit her if you had it may make her put some weight on if you needed her to

aj1986
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
the nutriprem 2 was perfect for weight gain she was gaining weight lovely until they took her of it, she was 3lb 11 born, the most she has ever weighed is 12lb 3 but now weighs 10lb 1 oz, she had the sweat test 2day so hopefully that wil come back ok then they will finally referr her to a dietician which is what we have been waiting for over 2mnths now coz apparently they have to rule out anythin serious 1st, thanks tinkerbelle for ur reply its much appreciated Smile
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter was born at 35+3 weighing 5lb 9oz.

wen we were discharged from hosp she weighed 5lb 1oz then went down to 4lb 14oz then up to 5lb 1oz then down to 4lb 15oz.

now since 13th november she has never lost weight always gained but only slowly.

now at 4 weeks old she weighs 5lb 5.5ounces but they expect by 2 weeks old to regain there birth weight and she hasnt even at 4 weeks old.

shes had tests done at hosp and waiting on results but docs think it may just be that she premature why shes gaining slowly.

anyone else baby gained slowly and r they ok now?

aj1986
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
hello, finally got to the bottom of rubys problems she ended up being admitted to hospital coz she just completely refused to take her bottles, after various tests they dicover ruby is lactose intolerant and has celiac desease so we have cut out all dairy products and gluten from her diet and she has gained an amazing amount of weight in the past 2 wks she now weighs 13lb 1oz and is a complete different baby (she is so happy) Very Happy thankyou to you all for ur support i am starting to enjoy her now ad hopefully am goin to start weaning her next week after we have seen a dietician who wil teach me wot she can have xxxxxx
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
Awww... That's really good news now that you have found the reason behind her weight issue...

Good times ahead!!! Very Happy
x

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:34 pm 
Post subject:
thats great news:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular