home alone and feeling emotional

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:39 am 
Post subject: home alone and feeling emotional
Hi everyone,

well the day has finally arrived when my husband has gone back to work and Poppy and I are home alone, it's really all a bit scary. Feel rather overwhelmed wiith the reponsibility and knowing I can't pass her over to him when she is crying too much. Have also just heard that a friend's children were killed in a car crash over the weekend, which has made me a total mess. Even though it is not a close friend it has made me appreciate and worry about Poppy even more (how selfish am I thinking about myself and Poppy at a time like this for my friend?). Am just sitting here crying waiting for Poppy to wake up so I can give her a huge hug. Meant to be going to a breastfeeding support group today, but not sure I can face leaving the house.

Feel a complete mess.

LD

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Trust me, that support group is just what you need today. You poor thing, I remember I felt the same the first day i was alone with Hunter. It is a little scary, but remember she wont know if you make a mistake Very Happy and all she cares about is that you are there to make her feel safe and loved. To her, you are the best thing in the whole world. I encourage you to pop along to the group today, the other mums will be feeling the same and you all need a little support right now. xxxxxxx
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya hun. 1st ov all ur not selfis its natrual 4 u 2 worry now. i watch stuff on news n i just want 2 hug leon n never let him go. i worry about bloody earth quakes now lol n wt r the odds ov them lol.

i no how u feel a lil scared bt try n relax. im alone all time wiv leon now bt first time i felt like id been thrown in the deep end. i was scared and my 1st night alone was even worse bt u get used 2 it. now im used 2 it bt sum times feel alil lonley.

the suport group sounds great u sud deff go. bt only if u feel ready. it took me nearly 3 weeks 2 feel ready 2 go out wiv leon alone. just the getting ready n ll the stuff u have 2 get ready was a lil hard at 1st bt im ok now. i want 2 find a group im ganna ask about 1 2day at the baby clinic xxxx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
hey LD - know how you feel exactly! its terrifying! but, once you make the first step, and get you and bubba all packed up, and out to a nice baby-friendly place (your support group will be perfect), all your fears will go away. You'll soon be whisking the both of you off to all sorts of things!! I must admit, I still tend to stick to my original rule of thumb - only ONE essential out and about thing per day - if I squeeze in a second thing, its a bonus Very Happy
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the advice, and the motivation. I did go and feel loads better for doing it. Am now shattered and little miss is unfortunately wide awake, but it was definately good to go. I agree devonmum, one thing in a day is plenty!

LD

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
I know excatly how you girls feel. I hate being on my own with Freya, all sorts of crazy things go through my mind!!! When Im out in town with her, I grip the push chair so tightly and dont dare let it go, just incase some one snatches her!!!
I make myself go out though beacuse I know i would go crazy otherwise!!
Glad you feel better LuckyDucky, its a shame me you and littlelamb dont live near each other otherwise we could meet up and support each other!!!!!! Very Happy
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, it would be nice. Where do you live?

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
I live in clacton, in essex.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular