Can anyone please help?

Almo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:01 am 
Post subject: Can anyone please help?
Hi ladies, I am new to all this. I have been viewing these forums since we first started trying back in April but have never posted before and am now looking for some advice…

AF is due on Thursday but I have been feeling a bit strange for the last few days so I took a couple of tests yesterday, 5 days early. I got a positive result both times but with the second one the line was fainter although it was definitely still there. I know I should have waited until Thursday to test but I just couldn't wait. I am now worried that AF might still arrive as I have mild period-type pains in my lower stomach and also have pretty sore boobs. Is this normal? I usually get this the day or so before AF arrives but I have now also been reading about chemical pregnancies and I am worrying that this might be happening as they say that these are quite common with the first one. Am I just being totally paranoid?!

Sorry ladies if I should like a total idiot but I just don't know who else to ask. Any advice/info would be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps! x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:07 am 
Post subject:
hi almo,

i have had a chemical pregancy and they do happen in a lot fo pregnancies and u cant do anythign bout it.

u defintly have positive result so are definetly pregnant all u can do is wait till after af is due and do another test and hoepfully will be not as faint as the tests u have done.

Almo
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:16 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I wish I'd just waited until the end of the week to test.

The whole chemical pregnancy thing would never even have entered my head if I hadn't gone trawling the internet looking for info about having a faint positive result. I am probably now making it worse now by stressing out about it. Sad
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
yer i wud try not to worry. and just retest in a few days. gd luck:)

Lizziej
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
Good Luck. Faint positive is good sign for hope. Last month I had myself convinced I was preg with all the symptoms but 5 tests came back neg. This month I have been charting and no symptoms. But 5 more days before I can test. No early testing for me this month. Driving myself crazy.

LizzieJ

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, welcome to the forum Very Happy
A positive is a positive hun and any way you look at it, it is a good sign Very Happy
Congratulations to you, sending lots of baby glue xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 am 
Post subject:
how u feeling today almo? has af arrived yet?

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:05 am 
Post subject:
hi just to let you know, getting period type cramps is completly normal, my doc said its likely that you will get that for the first couple of months,
also sore boobs are a sign of pregnancy, congratulations!!!!
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
Still no sign of af so I have everything crossed that it stays that way. My boobs are still pretty sore and am still having mild cramps. I am dying to do another test but I am going to try and hold off until Fri - even though it seems so far away!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
yep sounds promising.

gd luck.

Wishes
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds promising! Good Luck! Wishes x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular