to tired to work!!

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:22 pm 
Post subject: to tired to work!!
hiya im 10 weeks pregnant and im having problems finding the engery to work. i sleep 4 times a day most days, when i am awake my body is so tired it feels like every bone is sore. i had a couple of days off work and my boss is not happy. iv tried to explain to him but he dont understand. im scared off losing my job but it looks like thats going to happen.

i see the midwife tmoz and ill explain to her and see if this is normal any advice would be a help. thanxs xx
myBaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:14 pm 
Post subject: too tired to work
hiya

it can be quite difficult for employers/boss to understand esp the male ones. you just need to explain things to him and probably seek advice from HR. I will be alarmed if you re sacked over this. Its not your fault. Its one of the symptom you ll experience being pregnant esp in the 1st trimester. This is what i have read.

Am 6 wks pregnant and have the same problems. Do some reading and find out how to cope with the way you are feeling - the pregnancy bible is a good book. it gives allot of infor.

Good luck. Smile
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:31 pm 
Post subject: xx
thanxs i seen the midwife she thinks i could be anemic, ill findout soon i hope. im ganna go work tmoz see how i feel,

thanxs 4 reply xx
katfrog
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Hope you start to feel better soon. Firstly, your boss cannot sack you becuase you are pregnant- this is called sexual discrimination and he and the company will face serious consequences should you be sacked.

Secondly, it is perfectly normal to be very tired during the first trimester as your body is doing a lot of work and you need to take it easy.

Thirdly, speak to your boss or HR manager and complete a risk assessment (this is compulsory for all businesses to complete for their pregnant staff) in this you can discuss the need for regular breaks (more than you would usually receive) and the possibility of changing/reducing your hours and your duties at work.

Fourthly, if your boss continues to meet your needs then you can get advise from your GP and possibliy a medical note which will force your employer to alter your working conditions.

If it is any consolation you do get more energy in the second trimester. You could be anemic or have an iron deficency both of which can be easily dealt with.

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular