STITCHES?

jo83mum2b
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject: STITCHES?
Hi, im Jo and im new here, Just wondering how many mums had to have stitches? Di they hurt lots and how long did they take to stop hurting? Im due on the 3rd of Sept and am worried about tearing :-. Thanks Shocked
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
ok, they very rarely let you tear and normally try and give an episiotomy if it looks like you are going to tear.
i had alot of stitches with both of mine. i didn't feel them cutting as by that point in your labour you just don't care, i also couldn't feel them stitching me up as they give you a local and you have your baby in your arms by then so really couldn't care less.
i won't lie the recovering isn't great, they are uncomfortable, mine got infected so you can't go on my recovery.
my advice is go to the chemish and get some badidas (thats not how its spelt, but its how its pronounced) its expensive but its brilliant they have it next to all the baths on maternity here, its a bubble bath that has healing agents in, its also lovely and realxing, i love the spell, and it turns your bath green lol. the docs and midwifes here recomend that you bath in it twice a day. they also used it in the nursing homes i have worked in for wounds, great stuff
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
I also had to have stiches and they are still healing. Mine are infected at the mo and am on antibiotics.
Giving birth under water is supose to help stop you tearing, also if you rub oil into the bit of skin between your bottom and front it helps it streach instead of tear.
Amypicot thanks for the recomendation of Badidas Smile
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
i was soo lucky had none wiv ne of my babys Very Happy Very Happy
jo83mum2b
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:27 pm 
Post subject: thanks
Thanks evryone for your replys, I will get badidas if i do tear or am cut thanks. Im told it really hurts when there doing it :-< oohh. I hoping to have my baby at home ina birthing pool, if all goes well. I t is my first and my b.f would rather me go into hospital, but i really really hate them and theres a new super bug out so dont want to unless i HAVE to :-. I have bee looking for birthing pools on ebay an am still looking so fingers crossed all goes ok and that i am able to have my first at home :-> x
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
I had quite a few stitches when I had Poppy, as I needed a ventouse delivery and they couldn't get in with the episiotomy quick enough. As others say, by that stage in the labour you really don't get care, if that;s what needs doing to get them out, then you just let them get on with it. The recovery isn't great, but my sticthes healed in less than 2 weeks, and that was quite a severe tear.

Try not to worry about them, as if you need them, you need them and you just get on with it. When you're recovering, it's all worth it as you have that little baby in your arms.

Good luck LD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular