Pregnant - 14 mths after ruptured appendix????? Worries

ja43118
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:27 pm 
Post subject: Pregnant - 14 mths after ruptured appendix????? Worries
I am 8 wks pregnant and I have been having a dull ache in the right hand side of my abdomen for the last few days. It feels exactly like stomach cramps but is only at one side. I am really paranoid about ectopic pregnancy and want to know whether I should be getting this checked out? It isnt painful just a bit uncomfortable. I havent had any bleeding yet - but it is due time for my period (if I wasnt pregnant!).

I have my 1st midwife appointment on Monday - do you think I should ask about this sooner?

I am only paranoid because I had a ruptured appendix 14 months ago and the pain seems to be where my scar is and I read in a "book" that this might happen after surgery. Any advice
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
hi there, im not an expert on the subject as im having a few issues with my pregnancy but i woould just wait untill u see the midwife on monday, if the pain gets worse or u start bleeding then get it checked out straight away,
hop it all goes well, let me know how u get on. I also have my midwife appt on monday... exciting isnt it?
dawn xxx
ja43118
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Dawn - yeah it is really exciting - but so worrying aswell. There are so many things you can worry about - I guess you just need to get to your scan date and after that a lot of worries will go I hope.

Will keep you posted,

Jox
MrsNash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your concerns. My advise would be to go and see the doctor straight away, just to be on the safe side. I am recovering from an Ectopic pregnancy - I had a very dull pain in my left hand side but I also had bleeding with it, albeit very light, you don't have this so thats a great sign.

It is normal to get slight pains in pregnancy so you will probably be ok. However after my scare I would advise anyone to get to their GP and get referred to the early pregnancy unit just to be on the safe side. They can do a scan and ensure baby is in the right place and this will help you stop worrying.

i do hope that helps.

All the best

Nina
ja43118
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi Mrs Nash

I am sorry for you previous problems but I am going to try and get a bit more info from you if possible, as I am not 100% sure my doctor was interested enough to find out for sure. My pain in really low - just between the bottom of my abdomen and the top of my leg. I keep getting a pins and needles feeling in my leg too. Also my back passage feels like it is connected to this pain also. Unfortunately, I started to have some bleeding this morning - only light and mixed with brown (TMI sorry). I just wondered if you could give me any further symptoms I should be looking out for?

I am just really scared that the doctors ignore me and miss this.

JJx
MrsNash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Hiya,

No problems at all asking for any more information - I hope I can help.

My dull pain was, I guess, where your appendix would be on the left hand side. I had no pain in my leg or any of the other symptons you are experiencing. I also had a litte bit of discomfort in my shoulder - apparantly many women report this during an ectopic. It is when blood is leaking from your tubes and getting under your diaphram. I also never felt pregnant so knew something wasn't right - call it womans intuition.

My advise would be to absolutely insist that your doctor refers you to the early pregnancy unit ASAP, if they won't I would suggest that you call the EPU and see what they advise. My doctor had no hesitation. The EPU can do a scan / blood tests - you're 8 weeks gone aren't you? If so they can do a scan right away and put your mind at ease.

I am keeping everything crossed for you - let me know if you want any other info.

Nina x x
ja43118
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi - sadly my news update is that I have miscarried. Not sure if it was ectopic or not.

Back to the TTC site for me.

Thanks for your advuce though

ja43118
MrsNash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. All the best trying again. I hope it happens soon.

Nina x x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular