Am I having twins? Any help advice please :(

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 am 
Post subject: Am I having twins? Any help advice please :(
Okay ladies, i'm probably going to sound absolutely mad but i've got the weirdest feeling all of a sudden that I may actually be carrying twins Shocked I have been experiencing a number of things that have made me think about it and now I just can't get the idea out of my head and am worried sick! I started getting very regular Braxton hicks tightenings at 12 weeks and at 16 weeks I started getting periods of painful, regular contractions with alot of pressure after the smallest amount of activity such as housework, walking to baby clinic etc. It was first thought it was caused by a water infection but it turns out I didn't have one and i'm still getting them regularly. My uterus is already about 2 inches above my navel and I find it difficult to eat the amount I usually would resulting in discomfort after eating because my uterus is quite big. I am still suffering with bad morning sickness and experience alot of discomfort generally. Also as baby has got bigger the movements have become alot more noticeable

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 am 
Post subject:
I also feel baby in various locations around my bump at the same time which just doesn't seem likely with a single baby at this stage. I am quite big for 17 weeks and look like I did last time at 30 weeks although this could just be down to having a small gap etc. My pic is in beautiful bumps. I also get pain in the skin when I move from the stretching .... I am very unsure of what to think. I did have a 12 week ultrasound but the sonographer found baby as soon as she put the wand on and didn't check anywhere else, I didn't even think about it at the time but now i'm worried she missed one because of this. Help please as I don't know what to think! What do you think with your experience ladies!xxxxx

anarchic
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 am 
Post subject:
when is indias birthday?
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 am 
Post subject:
It's the 30th of this month Smile xxxxx

anarchic
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:20 am 
Post subject:
lol
Iris is 29th of this month!!
have a lovely day!!
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:26 am 
Post subject:
Aww ... You too xxxxx

Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
It's unlikely that they missed a second baby in the ultrasound but if they did they'll be able to pick it up at the 20week scan. Also when they did your bloods was there anything unusual about the results? Maybe ring your midwife if you're concerned but I think waiting for the 20wk scan and seeing what comes up is the best option.

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:59 pm 
Post subject:
Well I am seeing the consultant at 10am as he thinks I have an irritable uterus so going to mention it. What bloods? The booking bloods as no, but they just test for HIV, blood group etc. If you mean triple or quads, i've not had any of the downs screening as I wouldn't abort baby anyway xxxxx

Witters
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 am 
Post subject:
I would mention it to your consultant when you see him (although you should have already Wink ). I'm sure they would have picked it up at the 12 week scan. For referance, I didn't start showing until a good 19 weeks with my twins, but this time around, at only 8 weeks, I have a bit of a belly going on. I think the second time around you are that much more aware and so feel things sooner.

How would you feel if you were carrying more than one baby?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular