Sleep Problems!

Billie71
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 am 
Post subject: Sleep Problems!
My baby is 11 months and has never really been a great sleeper. I am able to put him down to sleep in his crib awake for the most part, he usually only cries for a minute or two and then he's asleep. Although this doesn't seem to last for very long. Within 2 or 3 hours of going to sleep he has been waking up almost every night and of course is screaming! I just went back to work a month ago, and now the frequency he gets up is much more. And he seems to cry forever! We tried letting him cry it out and he has gone for 1 hour 20 min. I go in every 10 or 15 minutes to try and console him, but that seems to make him scream even louder and he seems much more upset. Any suggestions...
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi Billie, is he in daycare now? Im just thinking maybe the change in routine has ruffled him a little and will settle down in a few weeks.
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:03 am 
Post subject: Sleep problems
He isn't in daycare, he is with my husband for the most part. But my mom and dad are also helping out. I am working 3 days a week and it's been a month. I know he's completely out of his routine now, but I'm just not sure what to do. Should I let him cry it out a few nights? A week? Last night he cried for about an hour and 10 min. I initially picked him up and attempted to rock him to sleep (which almost never works, not sure why I tried it, but I just wanted to console him and let him know I was there) and after 10 min, he was asleep and I put him in the crib and that is what started the crying, or should I say screaming...
Shellyb
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Billie,
Thats a tough one, my ypungest is 7 months, and she usually goes down awake and puts herself to sleep, but sometimes she goes through stages where she cries and cries, she is either too hot so i strip her to her vest and she settles better, but i find usuallys he is thirsty (not hungry) , so while she lying in her cot a let her have some water from a bottle and she drinks some and goes to sleep............. Or the only ither thing is teething, and ashton and parsons teething powder works a treat . . . . hope some of that may help a little
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular