Am I over-reacting?

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 am 
Post subject: Am I over-reacting?
ladies, I don't know what to do here, pls help me out? here's the story...

my friend and neighbour up the road, who's little girl is 6 days older than Isaac is a good friend of ours, we spend quite a bit of time together, the babies play together etc.

Her husband is a bit of a crank who 'doesn't believe' in doctors, hospitals and medicine. For the last 2 months he has been clearly unwell, with a dreadful cough. We all kind of assumed he had a bit of brinchitis. Well, on Monday he was rushed into hospital, and yesterday they confrimed his diagnosis - he has TB. We are now waiting for my friend and her baby to be tested, and if they test positive for TB, we will also have to be tested. For me that means a chest xray as I'm over 35.

My first instinct is that I want to rip his arm off and beat him to death with the soggy end for putting MY baby at risk with his cranky moronic views. I'm even annoyed at my friend - when he was rushed into hosp in the ambulance she went with him (as you would) and left the baby with my hubby to look after with Isaac. We've ended up having to throw away half of Isaac's toys cos she dribbled on them, but obviously there has still been loads of contact.

Am I totally over-reacting? I'm trying to stay calm until we find out for sure - but if Isaac has caught TB, it is a 9 month course of 4 different anti-biotics, which is NOT what he needs when his little immune system is trying to grow Sad

am v angry and [*CENSORED*] off Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:02 am 
Post subject:
OMG I really hope everyone is going to be OK.
You are not over-reacting, no-one wants their baby in danger, but your neighbours husband sounds like a typical bloke to me, both my husband and dad refuse to admit when they are ill and won't ever take a day off from work sick.
However having said that if it was anything like your neighbours husband (coughing for 2 months) they deffinately would have been checked out.
It is highly irresponsible not having anything like that checked out when you have a young child and I can't believe he left it so long.
I really hope your son and your neighbours child haven't contracted it hun, how long until you find out?
xx

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 am 
Post subject:
will be Monday or tuesday before my neighbour finds out if she has it, then if its positive we'll have to arrange our own tests with the Docs Sad
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 am 
Post subject:
i would be feeling exactly the same as u...u r not over reacting....when will ufind out about yr freind n her baby??? I hope they are in the clear!! try not to worry(i know thats a stupid thing to say) let us know how things are going xxxxxxx
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:08 am 
Post subject:
I will keep my fingers crossed for you that all tests come back negative xx

Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:08 am 
Post subject:
its gonna b a long weekend for u...bless ya...try to stay positive xxx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:09 am 
Post subject:
is so stupid, but every time one of us coughs a bit, I totally panic. I know TB is bacterial and totally curable and all that stuff, but poor Isaac has sooooo been through enough already with his cleft, blocked tear duct and plagiocephaly (gets his helmet on August 7th at last!) that i can't help thinking the poor little darling just doesn;t deserve anything else to go wrong!!
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:11 am 
Post subject:
im sure little Isaac hasnt picked anything up....he is a tough little cookie xxx
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:23 am 
Post subject:
ur not over reactin hun of course ur gonna be worried and ur friends husband should have had that cough checked out espec when he has a baby to, even if it was a simple cough had any of the babies caught that it wud not have been nice for them
do u only need to get tested if ur friend is positive? or can u get tested anyway jst to be on the safe side?
x
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:27 am 
Post subject:
we have to wait sadly - I suppose its a good thing, as I donj't want an unnecessary chest xray. Just so frustrating having to wait. I think its fairly likely that they do have it, as all 3 still share a bed and he's been symptomatic and therefore contagious for so long. Apparently the TB bacteria lives in the air for hours and hours after the infected person has left a room, so the fact that we've been in their house a fair bit means our risk factor is also fairly high. Is driving me mad waiting Sad
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:41 am 
Post subject:
hope everything is ok with issac and you.

yer ppl shud see there gps more often but they dont.

i go wenevea ive got somethign wrong wether its just a really bad cold just to make sure it aint anythign else - thats wot there there for!

just try and stay calm as there aint anything u can do before she gets her results.

Katiemomma
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:15 am 
Post subject:
Fingers are crossed for all of you and happy, healthy thoughts are sent your way
Truly hope you get "good news"
I always smile when I see your name cos I am a Devon girl and miss the place terribly
Good luck
Katie
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:21 am 
Post subject:
hi, no i don't think your over reacting, your bound to worry. just to let you know my mum had tb and me and my sister were checked, i was about 11 and we were fine, so hopefully all come back clear
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:33 am 
Post subject:
thanks all - and thanks Amy, thats actually pretty reassuring Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
just wanted to say that i dont think your in any way over reacting!!

good luck devonmum but im sure everything will be fine!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular