Cat - so excited

lemfloyd
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject: Cat - so excited
I'm getting a cat from a rescue centre tomorrow. So excited! I've picked out 2 ginger cats that I like and husband is coming with me tomorrow to decide which on he prefers. I've been wanting a cat for ages and finallly managed to persuade him to say yes. It's going to be a good weekend!
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
arrrrr great, try persuade him to get both, they won't be so scared going into a new house that way and its nice fot them
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
ooh im sooo jealous!!

hope you have a good time with your new moggy!! Cool

any tips on getting oh to agree to a cat? lol cant get 1 just yet as in rented accomodation so not aloud (only aloud the 3 rabbits in garden) but oh set on getting a dog first when we get our own place and i sooo would rather have a cat!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
awww you lucky thing. I love cats. new cats at home are ace - are you getting grown up cats or kittens?
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
We're only allowed grown up cats apparently because the centre only allow you to take kittens if you are at home all day which is fair enough I suppose. The 2 I like are both 2 years old. I would love to have both of them. Am such a sucker for animals!
It was easy to persuade him because I saw a mouse in the house, freaked out and then told him that we need to look after our little Junior-to-be and the best way to prevent mice is to get a cat. Winner! (every cloud has a silver lining - we have also got rid of the mouse too!)
I'm thinking that he is being generous so I should ask for more stuff......suggestions welcome!!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
hehehe

get 2 cats deffo - its way more fun for them and you. cats are ace with babies too - my two are funny as anything with Isaac, really patient even though he lunges and grabs their fur/whiskers/tails/ears/legs now, they just sit there looking grumpy til I come and retrieve them lol.

you could always ask for some of these things.... Laughing Laughing
http://shiveredsky.blogspot.com/2006/12/top-10-most-ridiculous-products-for.html
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
Loved that article! Baby toupee was my favourite!!!!
KdF
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
That's great! We've got four cats, one boy and three girls, and they are wonderful loving creatures. I've always had more than one cat so they can keep each other company when you go out, although I would only recommend having one boy cat at a time as boys tend to fight (territorial instinct).

I'm sure the rescue center will advise to keep the cat (or cats if you can convince OH) indoors for the first few weeks, so they can familiarise themselves with their new environment. It also gives them a chance to get to know you.

For your safety it is recommended that pregnant woman do not clean litter trays, or if no one else can do it use disposable rubber gloves. Cats faeces may contain an organism which causes toxoplsmosis, a disease which can damage your baby. (I don't have to do the horrible job anymore, whoo hoo! But OH is more than happy to do it)

take care.
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
that's great news!!!

it is great that you are going to the rescue centre to get one! so many out there need good homes.

i would try to talk your partner into letting you have both, i have two ginger toms and they get on soooooo well, they're inseperable. the cat won't feel so scared and lonely if you get another to be it's companion!!

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
while we are on the subject of cats, as some of you know my cat gone run over last week and her sister is now suffering from cystitus because she is pineing, we are going to get a kitten now or young cat, what would you recomend, a female or tom? i mean whats best for the female cat we already have?
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:25 pm 
Post subject: xx
aww cats i have 2 cats n a kitten there lovly but annoying at times lol

amy my female gets on better with a male cat then she does a female x
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
thanks mylillamb
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the tip on the cat litter. I'll make sure I stay away from that job.
It's not that I'm using this pregnancy for excuses to get my own way but I just can't help it!
I'll let you all know how I get on tomorrow.
(Still really excited!)
lemfloyd
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:10 am 
Post subject:
Got my cat, a ginger Tom called Harry who is 1-2 years old (as he's a rescue cat they can't be too precise on his age). He's a lovely ca but prefers to be the only cat in the house which is why I didn't get the other one as well! He was very timid in the house for the first day but really came out of his shell yesterday and spent the day exploring the whole house. I heard him scrabbling around last night too so think he may be a nocturnal cat. I'll keep him in the house for a week or 2 before letting him outside.
So nice having a cat in the house again!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:14 am 
Post subject:
ah that's nice Very Happy

will be lovely to have the cat there for baby to grow up with too Very Happy
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular