so down

hoping4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
i so wish i could give you a great big hug babe. you are a fantastic mum and you have had so many bad things go on you are bound to feel a bit down, but you do need to talk to someone and maybe see a counseller. never ever think that anyone is going to take leon from you. try and talk to your mum about it as she obviously realises that you are feeling this way to have brought you some clothes and she must be worried. you are not on your own. please take care and dont worry big hugs babe xxxxx
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject: xx
thanxs 4 replys ladys they have made me feel alot better. ur all so great were wud i be with out yas lol xx
hoping4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
just want to take all the horrible things away for you babe so you can enjoy your life and be happy xxxx
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
also i am over on chat on my own if you want to talk no one wants to talk to me lol xx
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I just had to post after reading your message. I know exactly how you feel as I have been through it twice. When I had it with my first I thought it was normal to feel really low and not stop crying, but when I realised it was really serious I was terrified of going to see someone as I was sure they would take her off me. It is awful as all you have wanted is to meet your little one, yet suddenly you feel totally out of your depth. All I can say is you are doing the best you can and you are the best mum for little Leon. It will take a while for your body to get back to normal but you are not a celebrity! As others have said, wear loose clothes or anything you feel comfy in - Leon will not care if you are dressed in baggy trousers! I had no-one to look after my daughter for me and it was awful, but you have your mum who I am sure will want to help you any way she can I am sure. Please try to talk to your health visitor or gp who can help. I can promise you no-one will take your son away they just want to help you get better. I wish you luck with this, and am so glad you managed to talk about it with us.

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
hun i really feel for u, it isnt easy n everyone knows that but everyone thinks they will manage just fine, truth is none of us are prepared for what happens after the birth. the pressure of having this beautiful lil creature sooooo dependant on u. i think u need to talk to ur mum, she has been great so far so dont think she will think any different of u for feeling the way u do, chances are she has already gone throught htis too, i think she will really help n just give u the few hours a day u need for yourself til u get confidence with leon.i realise its a catch 22 where u want ur mum around to help but then probly feel under constant scrutiny coz she is always there, just please remember that all this is perfectly normal and doesnt make u anything other than a normal mum, not a bad one in any way, please talk to her, explain to her how u feel and i really think she can help.

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:51 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I'm a bit late replying to this as was dealing with a screaming Poppy for 5 hours last night so didn't get on here! I know exactly how you feel. I have been lucky and only had odd hours or days feeling so down, but you must get some help if it is carrying on. We all expect things to be so wonderful when we have the baby, but, as everyone always told me, nothing can really prepare you for the reality. I have a husband to help me out and I still get really down at time, I think you are wonderful coping this long on your own. Get your mum to look after Leon, even for an hour so you can get a rest, or go for a walk or something. I couldn't imagine going 'out' at the moment as feel the same as you, nothing to wear and look awful in anything. Anythign I can fit smells of baby sick and milk!!!! But even getting out of the house for a walk, or having an hour to just sit and not have to be in sole charge of Leon might help.

Please get some help, they certainly won't take him off you. Hope you are feeling a bit better today, just remember, you are not alone.

Love and hugs LD

JOandCONNIE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Lamby,

Always said you'd be the best mummy in the world. But sometimes even the best mummys need some help!

I think the girls are right, some time to yourself might do you the world of good. Maybe you could ask someone to babysit and go out shopping or something! Treat yourself to something nice, or you've wanted for a long time. You deserve it pet.

I know all us pregnant ladies are dying 2 meet our little babies, but no1 can prepare us for the reality of the baby actually arriving. There are so many people going through the same thing, don't be afraid to tell your doctor/health visitor how you feel.

Love Jo x

ChristineB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:03 pm 
Post subject:
they wont take baba from you
i thought the same when i suffered PND but luckily GP -Health visitor -psychiatrist -CPN-PND support group-helped me get through the darkest time of my life
i didnt recognise it in myself but my GP was the first to
it was a long road -they wanted to section me at one point but my husband told them he would take time off work to look after me
they even wanted to give me ECT -i refused cause id seen it mant times as student nurse
please tell your gp or health visitor how you feel coz sometimes you just cant get better on your own
thinking of you -hoping you see the sun soon
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:28 pm 
thanxs 4 all replys every 1. i did wake up n feel more positve today. its like one day im happy n the next im not. but im always happy with leon tho. im so proud ov him. i think its cse im abit lonley xx
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 am 
Post subject:
yeah i know wot u mean about feeling lonely...n im married....(not happily at the moment)but feel soo lonely...think if i was in crowded room wiv loads of people i know i still would feel lonely....if u get wot i mean Confused
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:34 am 
aww is everything ok wid u. hope ya start 2 feel abit better soon. bein lonley is alful cse like u sed i have loads ov ppl round me bt i still feel alone. its lovly 2 chat 2 u girls cse ya never judge n there is always sum 1 that as been thru the same x
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:45 am 
Post subject:
yeah.. dont know wot id do wiv out all u lot....xxx we gotta stick together Laughing Laughing
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:51 am 
yep we deff do. crnt wait 2 come on here n tell ya all about my 1st date lol...just have 2 get a date 1st lol x
JOandCONNIE
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject:
You'll have a date in no time pet!!!

Glad your feeling abit better today.

Jo x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular