December Mummies!!!

VickyAndJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
Ah hello all, glad this post is here, could become really handy!

Were doing pretty well, my milk came in yesterday and I am bottle feeding so with you Kel on the hoping they dry up quick! There not too bad today (touch wood)! midwife told me not to let the jets massage my boobs too much, she said it will encourage more mik! Shocked kel she did suggest sitting in a bath with cold flannels over your boobs tho, maybe give that a try!

I had a bit of a wobble the night before last and got really teary, but Stu was brilliant gave me a cuddle and reminded my that I had been through alto with a pretty traumatic delivery, i'm not anomic and i have tonsillitis! So kinda understandable that I will be feeling a little low.

We had projectile vomit today Sad he was in his moses basket and his grandad saw it come up and out of the basket and it went all over the wall, when we went over to him it was like my baby was a snowman, all you could see was two little eyes looking through a load of white fluid! he didnt cry or anything tho!

We think it may have been our fault, I had forgot to boil the kettle for making up his next feeds and he was screaming for a feed, so we just boiled it, made up bottle and then cooled it under a tap (didnt leave water to cool). when I rang midwife about the vomit, the first thing she said was are you letting the water cool before feeding! (my bad, naughty mummy, wont be doing that again)

Those who are bottle feeding how you making uo bottles? are you following the rules exactly!??!?!?!? Wink

We got the dummy out the night before last as Jack screams when you change his nappy and we change before every feed, ao in the night he is really loud, started using it while changing then taking it away. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't!

Going to have a look at you pics now! Very Happy

LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Alfies done a few projectile vomits, usually ALL over me which is lovely of him lol. He went to his dads for an hour the other day and ten mins after he'd took him i got a phone call saying as soon as he got him out for a cuddle Alfie was sick all over Laughing Had to laugh!

How are all your babies sleeping?
Alfie normally only wakes up twice for a feed so the nights haven't been too bad for me Smile
Hope he keeps it up!
xxx

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Not had projectile but have had a few sickies. The first time she was sick was all over her grandad last week! She has met her other nanna and pops today. She had a cuddle with nanna and promptly farted!
The letter from santa arrived today! Little bit emotional! Need to get a keepsake box now!
Her other gran has got her reindeer outfit for xmas! so it will only be for this year.

ClaireH77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, sounds like we're all getting on well!
Got the MW coming back tomorrow to weigh Matthew again as he'd lost nearly a pound in weight by day 5 but my milk has come in with a vengance now so hoping that that he's gained some back. They also have to do the heal prick test again as couldn't get a good sample last time.
Had our first outing today in the car to drop of some cards and pressies, was good to get out the house but very tiring.

Don't know how you ladies not breast feeding are coping with the boobs, oh my god they are so painful is i've not fed off them and i'm having to do 2 hourly feeds! hopefully it doesn't take too long for your milk to come in!

Whst is everyone doing for xmas? we are going to my parents and they've said we can stop over xmas eve and xmas night if we want. That'll mean Rich can at least have a drink as i can't drive following the c section.

claire x
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. Looks like we are all doing well.
My little girl will not settle at night. She feeds 3 hourly during the day and sleeps well between feeds. Any tips on starting a bedtime routine. I think this is what she needs, I've just been unsure as she is only 5 days old!
I am breastfeeding and hoping my boobs settle soon too.
Bella was a bit jaundiced on day 3 but is ok now, got weighed today, she has gone from 6lb 9 3/4 oz at birth to 6lb 11oz today so must be doing something right!
Oh and i am using a dummy which does seem to helpand there has been no problems withfeeding.
xxx

LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 am 
Post subject:
I think it's abit too early for them to have proper routines but we give Alfie a bath every night which really seems to calms him down, he's normally out for the count after his bath & feed!
If she doesn't really like the bath it may not work though? Alf loves it, gotta have it really warm for him though!

Saying that last night he was a little monkey and wouldn't settle for ages! And woke up this morning the exact same Rolling Eyes

ClaireH77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 am 
Post subject:
babywisher, matthew is just the same, we have a really good day, feeds well, sleeps properly inbetween feeds and then at night he just wont settle, he uses me as a dummy so we have tried a dummy but it keeps falling out! gonna persist though as does seem to make it slightly better.
The midwives seem to agree that this is normal behaviour at this age (matthew is a week old today) but that it will get better.
sorry i don't have any tips for you but i thought i'd let you know your not alone!
claire x
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much- it helps x

babywisher
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
Lisa I totally agree that she is too small for a routine, all she wants in the night is to be cuddled which I do. Was just looking for thoughts on how to start bedtime. I guess i'm just over tired, finding it hard to nap when she does,any tips on that also very welcome.
Other than that very much enjoying being a mummy Smile

LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Aw yeah these first few weeks are exhausting aren't they!
If it helps, Alfie seemed to want alot of cuddles during the night too in the first week. But he only wakes now for his feeds which is only twice so it's soo much easier!

Alfie can't keep his dummy in either, gets really annoying putting it back in every ten minutes but it really does help get him to sleep!

Hope everyones doing well xxx

ClaireH77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
Babywisher, I've been finding the sleep thing hard, there is always something that stops you getting that nap in the day isn't there! My oh has been fantastic, i've not really had to lift a finger around the house i have to say. Hang in there as it seems like it doesn't last for ever according to these other mums. I also have to say, allowing myself to have a really good cry and let all my frustrations and worries out to oh has really helped.

Matthew was weighed again today and he has gained 5oz in 2 days so it looks like all these night feeds have been working. not being weighed till sunday now due to xmas and the fact we are going away. Hopefully by then he'll have gained his last 8oz he lost!

claire x
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:46 am 
Post subject:
4 hrs between a night time feed! whooooooooo
She also had her first bath where she didn't scream the house down last night! Might see if we can do another one tonight.
can't believe she is 4 weeks old on friday!

whoopsie77
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone - just wanted to say congratulations to all us December mummies and hope everyone is starting to get the hang of it now! It's really good to read about what everyone has been doing and about how everyone's babies are doing with night feeding etc. My little chap is now 17 days old and is going 3/4 hours in between feeds, throughout the day and overnight, so I can't really complain!
Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas with their little bundles. xxx
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:35 am 
Post subject:
Can't believe it's Christmas Eve!
MERRY CHRITSMAS EVERYONE!!!

Matthew is being a little monkey tonight and will only sleep in his vibrating bouncy chair, hence the post at 04.30, better than last night though where he was still screaming the place down at this time!

Just wanted to wish everyone a great xmas with their new bundles of joy! THE best Christmas present ever! Has everyone got their lo's a special xmas outfit? we've got a red dungaree suit from m&s with a xmas top underneath. with christmas friends written across the front - soooooooo cute!
we'll have to post pics of them on their first christmas!

claire x
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
Happy xmas everyone. Thank you all for the advice and support you've given me over the last year, especially as I was without family for the last few months, you were all invaluable. Have a lovely day tomorrow and a fab new year. xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 2 of 51

Jump to:  

Community

Popular