LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Merry Christmas Ladies!!!

Hope all our bubbas have a fab first Christmas Very Happy xxx

I think Alfie's going through a growth spurt. My little star has turne into a monster feeding nearly non stop instead of his normal 4 hrs! i hope it doesn't last long i'm exhausted!!

xxx

babywisher
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
These past two days Bella has been doing the same. Feeding for 20 mins then about 30 mins later having a 10 min 'top up'. I'm pooped!!!!

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:05 am 
Post subject:
My HV said growth spurts happen at about 7-10 days, 3 weeks, 6 weeks and 3months. I didn't notice the first one cos she waasn't feeding very much to begin with and we were doing everything we could to make her feed more. Noticed the 3 week one though, we caved and did top ups of formula, needed to get some sleep!

LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Well Alfie's 3 weeks old tomorrow so sounds like it is a growth spurt! Ohh Sally did the top ups really help her? I was very tempted last night but i was at my mums and didn't have any in xxx

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
grrrr wrote this post out once and submitted it and it failed and lost what i had written!

Any way Lisa it helped us cos hubby could feed her while i slept and the fact my body was getting a break too. breastfeeding takes it out of you physically and i was exhausted. I did feel a bit like i'd failed though cos it was OH that made me get the formula, but at the end of the day i'm no good to her if i'm over exhausted. When they get through it though you'll feel like a new woman! She is now feeding about 11pm, 3am and 7am, its amazing

hungrymum09
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
talked about doing a formula feed at night but hubby isnt keen on this idea.
midwives have said to hold off expressing for the first couple of weeks she tends to wake up at night about 2ish till 3-4 am...she does sleep through till 8am which is nice.

throught the bleeding would be easing off now (wishful thinking) just read it can go on for 6 weeks.....
ClaireH77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Could this be Matthew having a growth spurt then??

We have gone from 20 min feeds every 3 hours with really good sleeps inbetween to feeding for less than 10 mins every hour or two, not sleeping so well, being more unsettled and generally very hungry looking. This change seemed to start on xmas day, i put it down to the house being noisy and him being woke up a lot. However it hasn't seemed to get any better as the house has quietened down.
Matthew was 10 days old on xmas day and so from what you ladies seem to be saying that seems to be when the spurt occurs.
So if you think this could be a growth spurt, how long do they last???

cheers claire x
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
from what i've heard can last anything from half a day to a week. ours at 3 weeks lasted about 4 days! I really do think that it is something we should be told about before they happen, so we could have been a bit more prepared! I wouldn't have felt so shell shocked if I knew what was coming!

VickyAndJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies,

well reading this has made me realise that Jack is prob going through a bit of a growth spurt also! He is having 2-3 oz every 3-4 hours at the mo but yesterday he had wanted a random 1 oz in between his 11 and 3 feed, which seamed to bugger his routine up for the rest of the day!

Those of you who are formula feeding what are your babys weights and how much are you feeding them and how often, I am wondering if I should start making up feeds of 4 oz so that is he wants the extra he has is there as an option, he has drained his last 4 or 5 3 oz feeds!

what do you think?

I agree with Lisa that bath before bed really helps with the night time routine, Jack is always good in the night when he has had a bath, we struggle when he hasnt.

Midwife told us not to bath him every day though, so we are doing every other at the mo. Lisa is Alfie's skin ok bathing him every day? Jack already has really dry skin, but I would love to bath him every night. Are any of you using anything in the bath yet?

xxxxx

hungrymum09
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
what are people using for the dry skin? ive been rubbing olive oil on her skin every morning although it still gets quite dry......from what point can you start bathing newborns?
sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
we were told that the dry skin in first few weeks is caused by the skin adapting to being in air after being in liquid for 9 months and it didn't need anything om it. We didn't put anything on Caytlyn and its all cleared up fine. We have milk spots now, they look horrible!

LISAx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Well i've started weaning Alfie off the boob and onto the bottle! I was gonna do it at 6 weeksish and i do feel slightly guilty for giving up so fast when he's been doing so well but it's too draining for me, especially being on my own! It's been so nice having someone else feed him, even if it is only the one bottle feed at the moment and it's already made me enjoy him more and stop feeling like just one big milk machine Laughing

Vicky his skin was quite dry from all the baths, but we do the same as hungrymum and massage olive oil into his skin which has really worked for us!

I'm not using anything yet. I sooo can't wait till we can use bubble bath and stuff lol Very Happy

Has anyone left their little ones yet for the night?
I'm meeting up with all the college girls for a night out on the 7th, i'm so excited but soo scared at the same time!

xxx

hungrymum09
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
im still excusivley boob feeding, want to keep going till 6 months.hopefully going to express some off tonight so hubby can feed her....she wont take a dummy spits it right out! so we will see what happens with the bottle....
VickyAndJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
We haven't really been using the dummy until today, it has been brilliant to get him off to sleep. Jack is still a bit constipated and times and it really disturbs his sleep!

Are your babys going down to sleep awake or are you putting them down asleep? in the first week Jack went down awake quite a bit but it seams like he will only fall asleep in our arms at the moment. Not sure if thats a good thing?

I have been using E45 on Jacks skin, not sure if it is ok or not but every time I go to the shop I forget to buy olive oil. only been using a small amount and after a bath but it is really helping!

xxxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 3 of 51

Jump to:  

Community

Popular