im 17wks and not showing

rosieposie2511
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:42 pm 
Post subject: im 17wks and not showing
im 17wks pregnant with my first baby, i am a plump size 16 but i am tall so carry it well, i know 4 people who are pregnant, one is 3months and showing and the other three are due the same week as me and all have baby bumps. people are starting to ask where my bump is and why arnt i showing yet, i feel stupid and dont know what to say. my stomach has got larger but just soft and fatty not shaped and hard and doesnt feel any different than before i was pregnant. my midwife keeps telling me its fine and i will show by 18 wk, bt im 17 and dont feel any different, can somebody please give me advise i am loosing sleep over it and feel my partner cant be proud of me as i dont look pregnant, is it because i am over weight? will i show in time? or will i go for 9 month not lookin pregnant?
katfrog
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I had a similar problem. At 17 weeks I had no bump at all. I was concerned as was worried the baby was not growing. I went for my midwife appointment and she said I was fine. As this is my first baby my stomach muscles are much stronger and so cope with the growing baby better and don't push out. She said I should start showing around 22 weeks.
I'm 20 weeks now and whilst I don't have a bump that stick out, my stomach has started to become much more round and feels very firm.
When you go for your mid-term scan you'll see how much your baby has grown. If your midwife becomes worried about a small bump she will send you for another scan to check the baby is continuing to grow.
Just remeber everyone is different and if you end up with a small bump it means less to lose after the baby is born!
rjay86
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ya!

I really wouldnt worry at all, you will probably find over the next couple of weeks you will start to feel alot different and notice your baby bump sometimes it take untill you are about 20 -22 weeks no matter what your body size was before preganany!.Also you will be less likely to notice it your self as your 'waiting' for it others around you may start to notice now!
dont stress you will soon have a large bump and forget what it's like not to have one!
trust me i cant see my feet anymore!! ha ha
Razz
xx
puss2
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
everybody`s size is different- a patient of mine didn`t find out she was pregnant til she was 30 weeks! (this is extremely rare though.) your midwife will measure you each antenatal check. if she is concerned you will have a growth scan in later pregnancy. if there are any placental problems causing it, it will be picked up during the 20 week ultrasound scan. don`t worry, as long as you eat and drink well, your baby should take all he/she needs to keep going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular