families and buying presents for step kids????

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:20 pm 
Post subject: families and buying presents for step kids????
Now this is always a sore subject in my house..... my mum/sister always buy's the same for all the kids but will get an extra something for my son (their gson/nephew) but by doing that I feel they would prefer not to get them the same - I feel they are always looking on like my son has lost out by having the other 2 around where really he has gained in many ways! It makes me feel really awkward with oh as i can't control what they do! My oh mum doesn't do the same for my son as her gson's but has never claimed to and we only see her maybe twice a year so I don't really feel like she should!!

Any one got any stories like this????? xx
SusanandLibby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
mmmm thats a tricky one, I'm lucky in the fact that my hubby understands that Tia (my stepdaughter) isn't really anything to do with my family so doesn't mind if they buy Libby more. xx

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
HIya, thanks for your reply.... it is very true they are technically nothing to do with their family - and i see it from both of their sides obviosly side with oh as i do feel both sides of the family see us as 2 (me and my son) and 3 (oh and his 2) which is def not the case we are 5 but not taken very seriosly!! - sometimes i am just stuck in the middle, feel like i can't win!!
SusanandLibby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
The way I see it is Tia's got two sets of grandparents that will buy her loads so Libby will have two as well. Libby hasn't got extra sets of family to buy her presents so in a way it is fair. My parents do buy Tia a little something, but her mum also has a partner whose parents will no doubt buy her something as well. I suppose it's different for us because Tia is 12 and understands the situation. xx

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:54 am 
Post subject:
thats the problem my step sons have got really shockingly bad g.parents - lucky if they get a 10 note in a card .... so it really shows when my son is getting extra's - like you say as they get older it does change and becomes easier as they understand a bit better. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Step Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular