SEPTEMBER MUMMIES - UPDATED

whatisit
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all I'm back at work end march as I have 4 weeks holiday to take. Not that I feel like I've left sometimes I keep getting called and emailed for advice plus have to go in for meeting next week think low mileage users going to loose company car and you just know they wontbe giving me enough to replace it Sad.
Still bf and still no af has anyone else not had af yet ? We will be ttc again as soon as - not that were taking precautions now but fully bf and new baby is good contraception ! Don't feel ready yet to be pregnant again but I'm 43 in June and only One tube I can't afford to wait especially as took 12 months after op to get laura .
Have started weaning gently one meal a day she is enjoying it. Can't get her to take a bottle without much screaming , just trying latex teAt . She doesn't seem to object to it being in her mouth but just plays with it ! I'm getting worried cos she's got to be weaned off me in the day at least pref a week before I go back to work !
TTC reveral no 2
ktandbabyo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Whatsit,

So good to hear from you! Glad Laura is doing well and congrats on still breastfeeding. I am still, though going back to work at the beginning of March BOO!! The dropping of feeds is going ok as she's had the odd bottle since she was about 4 weeks old anyway. Olivia is a pain feeding at the moment but that's because a.) she's nosey and has to look everywhere around the room and b.) she's teething and so likes to chew the bottle teat (and sometimes my nipple - OUCH!!)

Haven't started weaning yet but we're on holiday in a couple of weeks and wanted to wait until we got home. Will make a start mid feb.

Haven't had af yet but am on mini pill. Much as I want another baby, we're waiting at least another year before trying again, plus I would like Olivia to sleep through the night first!!

Again, it's great to hear from you, will mention it to the others via FB that you've popped on

Katie xxx
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Great to hear from you.

I started weaning Alfie 3 weeks ago and he now has 4 bottles of hungry baby milk a day (6oz a time) and 2 jars of food. He is gaining weight lovely and is still on 97th centile. Had him weighed last thursday and he was 19lb 8oz Smile

The past three nights he has slept through which is a relief as before he was only going 3 hours Sad not good when you have to get up for the school run lol.

He is also teething so pretty grumpy at times xx

Hope you are all well and your beautiful babies are blossoming Very Happy

Claire xx

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,
I have been a naughty girl!!! Not been on here for a while and I am so sorry for neglecting al those that are not on FB. Hoping all your babies are well and you are enjoying them developing their little personalities?

I am totally and uetterly in love with my little Alex, he & his daddy are the world to me Smile I love being a mum too, I have to say that those forst 3 months are very very hard but after that it does get easier. It gets hard again when poor bubs has a cold but hey ho used to sleep deprivation now lol!!! Alex is a gorgeous boy, he is a really placid baby and only cries when he is hungry or if he is next to another baby who is crying and when he is overtired. Bathtimes were moved to the morning as he wasn't enjoying them at night. He is still not sleeping through, he wakes for one feed between 10pm and 6am, but sleeps for 12 hours at night and about 3-4 hours in the day. He can roll over front to back and back to front, he loves to bouce and will stay in his bouncer for ages with a big smile on his face. He also really loves to stand up and balances with you just taking his weight. I am so proud of him Smile Thinking about having another one soon but need to convince DH haha!!! Wheelie where are you hun?your ticker says you are 9 weeks preggers? is this a mistake or have yu been having some fun?
Hugs to all x x x
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
Also meant to add that I have also started to wean Alex very slowly. I have started him on baby rice which he loves and wolfs down shouting for more! I have also given him the odd bit of puree which he likes. I don't think he is very keen on banana though - wonder if that is anything to do with all the banana milkshake I drank when I had just conceived lol!!!
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
Af arrived today woo hoo ! Well that's whAt I thought first thing . Told OH - he said "oh that means we'll have to start being careful now then" WTF ! I said "well not if we're planning on having another one' now let me say this has beenmentioned several timesover the past few months, baby clothes going in the attic instead of giving them away , booking holiday ( only Devon in june ) , to his mother - he even mentioned to his friends after baby born etc He sAid he's not sure about another now lot of work etc like he does much as I'm bf & he's not sure he can go through all the worry again! I just told him he better make his mind up quickly - honestly men they just don't get biological clocks! He's been in a right mood all day too and I'm supposed to be hormonal !

I know what you mean re mosey little girls that think your nipples are elastic ! Don't blame you re weaning will be much easier on your hols.
Laura has just learnt to roll from back to front and have hysterics at her 8 yr old sister sneezing or pretending to or jumping !
I went back to work at 14 and 16 weeks with my other 2 no probs Part from tears from me first day but I'm really dreading going back with this one and I've still 8 weeks to go - not sure if it's cos I'm older or she was so hard to get or cos she 'll prob be my last (being realistic oh comments today aside )!
Oh made noises about gett ing a job when she was born but hasn't so I have to go back . He got made redundant 7 years ago and has been living off it ever since but not much left now !
TTC reveral no 2
Nephilim
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies,apologies for neglecting AB i just don't have much time.Have gone back to work on 17th of Jan with much tears from me Sad Hayden weighs 19.84pounds(9kg)and is on the 97th centile. nurses have said that he is overweight , Expletive I could not for the life of me understand how after one month he is suddenly overweight? I mean WTF Censored I'm not really botheredby what they say as i know once he starts being really active he will shed most of the weight. Am still BF'ing when i get home from work and feed him at 5am before i get up for work. Have started weaning him.i give him Nestle Cerelac once a day. He loves it! He wants to eat everything i eat! Very Happy He doesn't roll yet, but when he lies on his tummy, he "crawls" lots hehehe!! He also drinks a formula bottle during the day! I love hearing him giggle When i get home from work he stops whatever he is doing and gives me the most beautiful smile!!! Very Happy

Hope you all and your babies are well.

Miss You xxNephxx

Nephilim
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
PS: had my AF last weekfor4 days even though i am on the mini pill then i had 4 abscess in my armpit (ouch) had to go on anti-biotics, then got a 'period" again.....but only for 1 day???

forgot to mention how eventful my holidays have been:

My 6yr old had chickenpox from the 16th December until 30th December so had to stay in the house all that time and was so longing for the beach as it was seriously HOT in SA(still is)
Then i got the chickenpox!!!!!!!!!! had to take Hayden to the Paediatrician to get him medsfor prevention cost me a pretty penny too,luckily we have medical aid! So hat was another 2 weeks in the house From the 1st of Jan, yes i got it on the 1stof Jan!!!!!!!then i went back to work on the 17th of Jan......
Aaarggh

xxNephxx Very Happy

ktandbabyo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Rachel - Are you still out there?!! Hope everything is ok anyway and going back to work goes ok. I go back tomorrow and am dreading leaving lo at nursery all day!

Hope to hear from you soon xx
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
Ah Katie, bless you for remembering me!!!
Both Toby and I are great thanks. Toby is 23 weeks now and is massive! People generally assume he is 7 or 8 months old not 5!!!!!!! He weighs a whopping 19lb 10 and is very long too so he doesn't look really chunky just large. He seems to be progressing at whirlwind speed now. Just last week he learnt to sit up on his own and now this week he is all around the house in his walker - can't believe he is on the move already....need to baby proof the house now Very Happy

I go back to work next Weds, but hubby is off now til end of July so he takes over Toby duty. He is so good with him, really patient (more so than me Laughing Laughing ) and its lovely to see them together. I wanted a holiday before returning to work so we've just got back from a fortnight in Barbados. Toby was ok on the long haul flights. Bad for the first 2 hrs going out but then was great. Coming back was a night flighht and he slept for about half of it so can't complain. He loved it there, I guess being able to be outdoors all day everyday must be lovely to him. He also loved the pool. We went swimming with him twice a day everyday.

Can't believe I am back at work next week. Really excited but also dreading it too and feeling a bit guilty as well....mixed emotions really.

How are you and Olivia? Sounds like you found loads to do and lots of other lovely mummies to befriend.

Better dash cos need to make dinner - I'll keep checking on here for any updates but do say hi to the facebook crowd for me.

Take care and hugs xxxxx
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Just re-read you message. You are back at work now. How did it go? Is it weird being back? Did you feel guilty? How is Olivia getting on at nursery etc etc

Sorry for all the q's!
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya

So glad you're still around! So yes it was my first week back this week. Went ok, easier really as i am working from home. First day of nursery was Tuesday and she had a fab time. Drank more milk than she will for us, did lots of playing an even managed her naps! Been again today and she still enjoyed it though got a bit freaked out when some of the older babies were screaming!

I felt terribly guilty, more that I didn't earn enough money to be able to take more time off with her. Each time has got a little easier but i'd never left her for more than a couple of hours!

We've started weaning which is going well. Hopefully going to add lunch from tomorrrow and maybe puddings next weekend. She's not sitting up yet, well can unaided for maybe 30 seconds max. Am hoping it will come soon as she can't be bothered with rolling!

So jealous of your holiday in Barbados! We went to France to see David's family as they hadn't seen her and we're going to Cyprus in June for my brother's wedding.

Hope it goes well with hubby looking after Toby - you're so lucky! Really pleased everything is going well. xx
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,
Rachel glad you are still around hun and your man seems to be a lot like Alex whizzing around in his walker Smile Anyone heard from Wheelie?

Whatisit how are you getting on hun? did you have another chat with DH about having another little one?

I told my DH I only wanted one but it is me who has changed their mind, I just can't imagine Alex being an only child! I would like to start trying in July this year and as this will definitley be my last baby I am going to try all the methods possible to get a little girl lol!!! I have planted the seed in DH's mind now so hopefully by July he will have come to terms with me wanting another although initial thoughts from him were if I wanted another then he would. I think it depends where we are living (as moving in July) and how much money we have saved by moving and whether we will then put Alex in nursery or hire a part time nanny (probably cheaper over here to do the nanny thing).

Alex is coming on well with his weaning, we have moved onto 3 meals a day today and he has dropped a lot of his milk feeds now. The most milk he drinks is at his 10pm dream feed and his 5am feed. In the day it is mainly water. He has only slept through once this week but I don't mind the 5am feed its when he wakes up at 6am that bothers me lol!!! Hugs to all x x x
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 am 
Post subject:
HI
How we all doing ? Be back at work soon Sad Dont want to go back and oh doesnt want to stay at home well he does but would rather be the providor- i would love to stay at home. Being a good earner is a burden - he says he cant compete with my salary - he can only earn about half what i do -i say thats enough for us to live on. I hope a few months at home will get him looking for a job and at least i can go part time.
He's not happy about trying for another one either.First its not till you sell your house and im like well then its never going to happen- im 43 in June and cant even put the house on the market till October as i have tennants in. Then its - what will work think and if we have 2 he'll be even older when the youngest is at school so no one will emply him then ( hes nearly 52), we have no savings we cant afford etc. I keep telling him we'll be damn lucky to get caught again and id like to try till xmas but i dont know. He has some preseed but chooses to use KY even tho ive told him not good for sperm - i think he thinks that and 1 tube and my age will be enough to prevent a pregnancy and he's probaly right. Suppose all i can do is hope for another miracle. I mean i know where hes coming from in a way and i feel so blessed to ahve Laura its not like she wont have any half brothers and sisters- i just think our own little family of 4 would have been nice .
TTC reveral no 2
whatisit
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:41 am 
Post subject:
Sorry moan over - needed to get that off my chest - any views appreciated.

Well Laura cut 2 teeth last week - im still bf shes bit me a couple of times - ouch. SHes eating 2/3 meals a day and is now on 1 bottle a day - so were getting there.
Shes tryig to crawl but only manages to travel backwards at the moment lol, shes got to learn to move her arms forward. She can sit up but does tend to loose her balance. bit of a whizz in the walker - loves pulling the kitchen bin over! Since her teeth have come through weve gone to waking up only about 5.30-6.30 then back to sleep most days till about 9 but she doesnt go down till 10pm and still only has a couple of 15 mins naps in the day!
Anyone rememeber what we did with all the free time we must of had before we had the babies? I mean most of my day is taken up looking after her what did i do before?
TTC reveral no 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2010 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 198 of 201

Jump to:  

Community

Popular