SEPTEMBER MUMMIES - UPDATED

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi Hun, great to hear off you. Well I don't know what to say about your OH! Have you asked him if all the excuses/problems he can think of were out of the way would he actually like another baby? Men can have panics over financial situations whereas us women tend to try and overlook that and are happy to tighten purse strings etc. when really I don't think we should let money issues put us off. If we want another baby we should just have one and then try our dammed hardest to make it work financially. My brother has 3 kids and he is in his 20's. He is really struggling to make ends meet but he does it and legally lol!!! plus his partner doesn't work. I think my DH doesn't really want another baby because, lets face it, they are hard work, but he would if I said to him that I would be devastated if I didn't have another.He has already said that he would have another for me, but I want him to WANT another so I am letting him think about it and have only pointed out all the positives.I really hope you can sort this out with him x x

Xander is trying to stand on his own at the moment. This morning he did the downward dog yoga position but doesn't know what to do from there! He is also trying to pull himself up from a sitting position and we are tempting him along with toys. He hasn't got crawling down to a fine art just yet (he goes backwards too) but it won't be long as he has realised he needs to move his arms forwards so now he just needs to coordinate his knees with that haha!

Hugs to all x x x
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everyone,
Just a quick update for those not on FB. Alexander is crawling properly now, he chases the cats round the living room and can go quite fast at times Smile We have baby proofed the room but have yet to get baby gates as our room is all open plan so we need to have some specially made. Two days ago he crawled over to me (I was lying on the rug) and crawled up my belly and for a split second was standing on his own not holding onto anything and then boom, he landed bottom first on the floor Smile He then did it again and again!!
Eating is going well, he is on 3 solid meals a day and loves finger food. If I eat anything then he looks at me and smiles because he wants some so I then give him a rice cake from my plate (as I always put some there as I know he will want my food so I pretend they are what I am eating lol!!).
Sleeping was going well and he had slept through a couple of nights. Normally though he wakes for a feed at 3 and then wakes at 6am properly, but last night I was constantly up and down to him and I have a feeling tonight will be the same. Not sure what is wrong with him but he hasn't been playing with his ear so can't be teething pain (thats normally what he does).
He is so much like a little boy now and not like a baby anymore and I felt really emotional today whilst I was packing some of his clothes away, ones he has grown out of. I think that DH has decided that he does want another baby now as he keeps referring to things in the future and including two children. Now I have to convince him to start trying in August. little steps at a time Smile Hope all ur babies are ok? hugs x x
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:45 am 
Post subject:
Awwww I can't wait for my little man to start crawling properly although I will probably live to regret saying that, he is comando crawling at the moment which is quite funny to watch at times.

We have our first words too he says dad, dada, daddy but no mummy yet Sad We are also on 3 solid meals a day he usually has whatever we have but in baby sized chunks.

We have a problem with weight at the moment, had him weighed Monday and only weighed 14lb 9.5oz, he lost 3 oz in 4 weeks so has only gained 1oz in 8 weeks, he is on the lowest percentile on the chart and have to have him re weighed on 27th and if he's not put weight on will have to go to gp. It not like I don't feed him, you would be surprised at what he eats and it's all the right things he should be eating bub just not gaining the weight Sad Anyone else having a similar problem? He's a happy content little boy and sleeps through the night from 8pm till 8.30am which he has done since 12 weeks.

Any advice??

ClaireJackAlfie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All,

Just checking in Very Happy

Alfie is doing really well, now has 3 meals solids a day, plus snacks and 18-24oz of milk Very Happy

xClairex

georgia20
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls god its been so long!!!! cant belive our babys r 8-9 months old now!!! harry is amazing such a fab age, he crawls backwrds :/ says daddy feeds him self never cries im so lucky, everyone comments hs the happyest baby they have ever met! anyone else on there 2nd yet haha x x x

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi Georgia, yeah this is a great age, more like a little boy now rather than a baby!!! Alexander has slept through for the last 5 nights, I think his teeth have been bothering him as we are on tooth number 6 now. Also as we have just been to the UK and he slept with me in my bed the whole time we were away I think this unsettled him a bit. But seems back to normal now Smile I still haven't had anywords from him, just lots of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and ooooooooooo and blowing raspberries and stuff. He sometimes sounds like he is saying mumm when crying but I don't think it is intentional. Alex hardly ever cries really, everyone says he is such a placid baby, but he does have this horrible whingey noise which he makes when he wants something!!! He has a beautiful smile and I am so proud of him Smile He loves knocking a ball around the dining room so will definitley be into playing football when he can walk/run. He hasn't started walking yet, he crawls and is very mobile, standing and holding onto furniture but hasn't walked without holding onto anything. He actually doesn't like going in his walker anymore so that is going to be packed up soon along with the Jumperoo which he doesn't seem bothered about anymore as he would rather hold onto the couch and jump up and down!!

We have both had a spate of illness as well, Alex got hand,foot and mouth, possibly from the flight to the UK, he had it for a week and a half and then passed it to me, my spots appeared the day I flew home to Dubai so I travelled with a mouth full of ulcers, spotty hands, AF had also visited plus I was in a crappy bassinet window seat with no space and a sleepin body next to me lol!!! We are both better now and over the trauma of the flight home haha!!
Hope everyone is well? hugs x x
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 am 
Post subject:
hiya. Sorry i havent been on for ages. How is everyone? Cant believe andrew is 1 next month is gone so fast x x x
andrew daniel, born 25/8/10 8lb 8oz @ 8:45 pm.
RachelCC09
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies - so sorry for not being on for months and months!!
Toby is just fab. A real little man now and v happy. He is massive (91st percentile!) and chunky and tall. Lots of teeth, also pulling himself up on furniture and not far off walking I think (aarrgghh). He has never slept through though which is hard work, he usually wakes at least once a night for milk. This is going to get even harder as I am pregnant again!!!!!!!!!!!! We always wanted babies close together so fx this is a sticky one Very Happy. Very early days but its so weird how much I had forgotten about being pregnant. Boobs killing me, back aching and those weird (and scary) tummy pains/cramps you get as everything starts stretching!
Anyone else thinking of joining me????

Hugs to you all
Rxx
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi huge congratulations Rachel. I hope to join you soon but not having much luck as yet. We've not used protection yet but with bf for so long only just started af s and they are nit behaving ( prob my age !) had couple 22 day cycles then one 35 now on day 40 and last few days think af is trying keep spotting and clear liquid but not really blood not surewhat is going on. Not pregnant tho as temps too low Sad . Just started accupuncture had 2 sessions now . Took 8 sessions last time thenafter 12 months of trying got bfp. So wishing for af so can get back on track. I had 23 months between my boys (eldest now 17) and I think close is good. If we caught one of my last good eggs with Laura though we will be happy with one between us ( and 4 altogether ).
Laura is lovely and I'm so going to spoil her if we don't get another. She is ino everything and always on the back of my legs she will be wAlking befoe she's 1 I think but can't beleive that's only 6/7 weeks. OH lost her yesterday found her upstairs - she not bothered with stairs at all before then did whole flight !
TTC reveral no 2
Em2289
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Clap Clap

We are currently ttc a brother or sister for our little boy, only started last month and although I am 2 weeks late I'm not reading into it much as I've had no real pg symptoms other than on off af cramps for last 3 weeks Crying or Very sad

We also want our lo's close in age and as it took 4 years to conceive our first Shocked we thought now would be a good time to start although if I'd had my way we'd have started trying about 6 months ago Laughing

Hope to be joining you soon

RachelCC09
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, great to hear there are others out there ttc from the Sept 2010 club! I am really really scared this time as keep thinking the odds are stacked against me (I'm 35, and had a perfect pg last time) - also the tummy aches and pains and backache are pretty much constant, which could be a good sign but I keep thinking is a bad sign.....

I have done 4 pg tests, all with fmu and all faint positives - I can't understand why the line isn't getting darker and its driving me mad! Mad But a line is a line so I called doc to make booking in appointment and the midwife remembered me! I have also decided to pay for a scan at 7 weeks so I can see for myself the heartbeat (hopefully) and check its all properly embedded. So want this, but feel quite negative - heeeellllpppppp!
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
OMG Rach!!!!!! Congratulations! That's fantastic news, I hope everything goes well for you. I'll keep checking on here now! Olivia is wonderful, a real treasure. She's just started crawling and is loving pulling herself up on stuff! She doesn't sleep through either and recently has only wanted to sleep with me! Am exhausted! In no way ready for another, maybe later next year when I might have had a couple of night's sleep!
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Huge Congratulations Rach xx

Ma2A
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Rachel....OMG Congratulations!!!! I heard the news on FB and had to pop on and say congrats!! sounds like things are going well with all your symptoms, but I remember how scary those early days are when you don't know if the signs are good or bad, but we can be positive for you and I am sending you lots of sticky glue (haven't said that in a while!?!) and a H&H 9 months!!!!

Whatsit and Em, fx for you both, lovely news that you're trying again too...

can't believe our LO's are old enough for anyone to be thinking of the next one, where has the time gone???

Annabel is doing really well bless her, crawling and cruising, 8 teeth and eating everything in sight (unless she's teething then its nil by mouth!!). I am going back to work in 5 weeks and am gutted, it's been such a wonderful year, but I know needs must!!!

Hope you're all well and will try and pop on more often!!! xxx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
Oh wow Rachel, many congrats!!! Hope the pregnancy goes well Smile Twiggy great to hear from you hun and whatisit you too hun Smile

DH and I were supposed to start trying for number 2 next month but not sure what is happening now after a big arguement last month which nearly split us up. We have both agreed we don't want Alexander to be an only child though so I might be back on AB soon fx. Plus we are moving in a week and you know what they say about a new house..... I have done 2 pregnancy tests in the last week as we had nookie and then 2 days later I ov'd. Really don't think DH's swimmers would last that long so not got hopes up and both tests were negative. AF i bound to show (due Friday) as I have all my normal signs.

Alex is doing great, he is walking with his walker, cruising furniture, throwing his ball about the house and chasing it. He has 7 teeth now and no 8 is on its way through. He is a lovely little boy, so happy but the worlds biggest wriggler!! He is never still and loves to yell whenever we are somewhere quiet haha. He has been sleeping through from 9 months 1 week and tends to do 7pm to 6am most days but sometimes I do get a bit of a later start to the day. I am planning his 1st Birthday party, have done the invites, working on everything else now as there isn't long - eek!!! This year has certainly had its ups and downs but its been the best year of my life and I look at my little boy and my heart melts, I really would do anything for him Smile

hugs to all x x
Page 199 of 201

Jump to:  

Community

Popular