SEPTEMBER MUMMIES - UPDATED

Ma2A
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
bless you Wheelie, it sounds like a horrible day yesterday!! the GP sounds like a mare and lets just keep our fingers crossed that the next few weeks pass fast with no drama and that we get the scans and positive outcomes so we can relax a bit.

Don't apologize for venting, it's exactly what we are here for isn't it? Everyone does sound rational, but its so much easier to be rational for others than yourself!! I know I am anxious about things not working out but I am just really trying not to focus on it too much (i have a head start too cos I work in mental health so help people with anxiety and depression everyday - again, easier to help others with their worries than solve my own, but am trying!)

And I know what you mean about the slob advice. Sound great in theory, but as you say in reality it's not that easy (i've got a messy husband too, and 3 cats!!). BUT! we have to remember that for all of us, what's more important? that hoovering or the dishes?? or keeping ourselves chillaxed and healthy?? So lets all try to not do too much and not worry about the other stuff too much.

And I got my first night's sleep last night!!!! Thank god! It's so weird how we're all doing it!! I wonder if it's worry (I got my Dr's confirmation about the BFP yesterday so maybe that put me at ease a bit?) but I have read its something to do with high levels of progesterone. Oh well, I hope my pattern is broken and all of you get a good night sleep asap!!

Will stop going on, sorry for very long post!! Happy new year to all, and keeping everything crossed for all out September babies Very Happy
xxx
Ma2A
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
p.s. sorry, me again?!! Can anyone tell me how to add a ticker please? xxx
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,
my nipples are killing me, sooooo itchy! Still can't sleep well and last night got up 4 times to pee Smile Lol!!!! I am already talking to my little embie and hoping and praying it will be ok. I have never been so happy (apart from the day I married my hubby), I can't wait till my first scan in 9 days and counting..........I have a feeling it is just the one baby and because my hubby and I really want a girl it is bound to be a boy Laughing buts thats cool too - just means we will have to have another one!!!!!

To add a ticker you need to go to a website like lillypie or babygaga or the like and create one, at the end they give you a code which you copy, then on askbaby sign in and go to 'my forum settings' and at the bottom where it says signature you can paste the code for your ticker.

Hugs x x
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:48 am 
Post subject:
Hey girls

Thanks so much for words of comfort, I really appreciate it, and sorry again if I am starting to annoy! I had a bit of a cry yesterday and told my husband all about my feelings which are also linked to other bereavements and one of two aspects of our marriage, so it ALL came out! Hopefully, he now understands and can help.

Sarah - I copied this from the AskBaby how to upload a ticker forum:

Create your ticker then chose the, Forum signatures, BB code.
Copy this code.
Go to My Forum Settings on AskBaby
Scroll down to the bottom where is says, Signature and you will see an empty box, paste your code into that.
Then click Submit.
And voila one ticker

If you wish to have two tickers, due to two children then just paste your other code directly underneath the existing one.

END

I love having a ticker. I know I sound about five years old! But I love the fact that it updates itself and every day you can see your ticker with another day on it!!

I am going to start my pregnancy yoga today - it's called Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee and it has a section for visualisation which "helps you to replace fears and tension with softness and love." Sounds slightly hippy-ish but I'm up for anything which helps and can see myself turning into a real Earth Mother! Lol! Laughing

All the best to you
Wheelie xxxx

whatisit
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
HI Girls- can i join you please. Im from the ivf and sterilisation thread, been on there since last Sept. Had by sterilisation reversal 19/12/08. Got my BFP 24/12/9.
Still not really sunk in but like you have lots of anexities and worries.
Im 41 and have 2 boy 13 & 15. OH ( who i dont live with its complicated- we sort of live together most of the time but in 2 houses 6 miles apart- kids schools etc). OH is 51 and has 7 year old girl lives with her mom ( who he never married and she left him when baby was 2). He has daughter every other weekend and most of every school holiday. His ex OH was 41 when she had his daughter.
He really wanted another so i had the reversal done. This was to be our last month of trying ( with temp charts ov kits, accupuncture etc) i had sort of resigned myself to it not working then BFP arrived on 24/12. Now im worried about how the kids are going to be. how ex partners are going to be , how were going to manage ,which house, schools , how to pay the mortgage when im not working- he only earns a small wage but pretty much owns his house and has savings from his redundancy 6 years ago he still lives on.
Part of me is exctied - there are some great bargains in the Blooming marvellous store near me ive brought a few things ( i can take them back in 28 days so i figure if i get to week 8 hopefully i will need them if not its ebay for them). Part of me is worried my whole life is about to be be turned upside down. He says not to worry we will manage, but weve not talked about details- i thought wait until scan first.
whatisit
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
sorry i know i sound a bit of a nutter but i neede to say this to someone- if you know me from the other thread you'll know im quite sane. Ive been bottling this up since 24/12. I told only 1 person about the sterilsation reversal , even hid it from my famly last christmas just said i had a bad back to hide the slowness of me getting up out teh chair after the op etc. Have told now one apart from OH & consultant ( who did my reversal) about the BFP. Not sure about due date- lmp was 28/11 i usually have a short cycle (24 days ) day 12 ov but this month the chinese medicine i took i think delayed it to day 17 if FF to be believed- so i think week 5 on monday (or today). Consultant is arranging an early scan on the 11th which will be 6 weeks for me. Am going to see GP on Wednesday dont think she will do anything. Part of me wants her to do hsg bloods to see if rising ok part of me says whats the point what will be will be- and scan will be shortly afterwards. Did a digital week thing last wed which was correct showing 2-3 weeks so will do again mon before i see GP and hopefully it will show 1 week on so i wont have to worry her.
Hope everyone else is as mixed up as me at the moment ?! Will be nce to get backto normal routine on Monday take my mind off things.
Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Whatisit and welcome to September Mummies Smile
Sounds as though you have been through alot for this pregnancy - congratulations Smile
hugs x x
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome Whatsit and Congratulations!

Yes, goodness, your life does sound a bit complicated! Laughing But I am sure you will make it work for you and your family, and hey, we're all different. Meanwhile, we are all here for you so get it all off your chest!

All the very best
Wheelie xx

Ma2A
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 am 
Post subject:
hi all!!

Thanks for the advice on the tickers, going to try it now!!

And welcome and congratulations whatisist!!! It sounds like you have had a very long journey, I am not surprised it feels so complicated right now, but as wheelie says we're all different and here to listen to each other!!

My mind has been racing a bit today, mainly this am, about the possible things that can go wrong, just cos I got the the 'screening/diagnostic' stuff in my PG book, worried a bit but trying not to let it get to me, as we all are. Think I am doing ok, hope everyone else is too!! I am just pleased that yesterday was my 5 week mark, every friday is going to be a good day I think!!

Wheelie, how was the yoga?? earth mother yet?? Very Happy hope it's good!! And Alowicious, I hope you are getting a bit more sleep!! I actually slept the last too nights, but hoping they're not a fluke, and the peeing hasn't been too bad yet so think it'll be worse again when that kicks in!!!

Everyone else doing ok??

Anyway, going to try adding my ticker - how exciting!! then off to bed! night night!!
xxx
Ma2A
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:10 am 
Post subject:
just posting to see if my ticker worked...
Ma2A
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:15 am 
Post subject:
yeay!! thanks ladies!! night night x
ashclokay
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi
How is everyone?
Welcome whatisit and congratulations xxxx as the other ladies have said we are all here to other advice and enjoy our journeys togeather xxxx
Vicky you are
so lucky wish i could sleep all night,have been up since 5 Crying or Very sad
Wheelie hoe did the yoga go? i would love to do something like that.But not sure there is anything around where i live .
I have been getting a few aches and pains in my tummy the last few days and yesterday(sorry tmi) i had a really sharp pain down below and had that a few times.
Can't wait to get my 12 week scan so i know little beanie is ok,am just trying to take each day as it comes.
Sarah xxx
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Re: Pregnancy Yoga. Uuuuum, I got as far as opening the DVD out of the cellophane! I'm full of good intentions but a bit lazy where it comes to exercise! To be fair, my husband wanted to watch the darts and then the football and we only have one telly (I know it is a cr*p excuse!). Gosh, don't we sound like such a slobby family?!

Vicky - love the ticker! It's such fun isn't it? Congratulations on getting to the 5 week mark on Friday. It's good to have these landmarks, isn't it? I'll be 6 weeks on Wednesday and it is all I can think about. What pregnancy book have you got? I've got Your Pregnancy Week by Week by Prof. Lesley Regan who heads up Obs/Gynae at St Mary's, Paddington. I'm finding it really interesting, well written and not at all patronising. I confess I haven't jumped ahead yet to the scary bits. I'm trying to treat it as an Advent Calendar and only read my relevant week.

Sarah - don't panic, lovely. From what I understand it is normal to have these pains and twinges as your uterus adjusts to the pregnancy. I know it must feel a bit scary though but if you look at the start of the postings of all of the other AskBaby General Pregnancy May/June/July/Aug Mummies sections when they first found out they were pregnant, many of them discuss these pains and it is comforting to now see their tickers e.g. 33 weeks pregnant.

......Roll on 12 weeks for us all, hey?

How's Dubai today, Alowicious?

Wheelie xx

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi all,
Dubai is great thanks Wheelie Very Happy Nice and sunny, I'm in my shorts!! I got subjected to the darts last night as well!! yawn.... Let us know what that Tara Lee DVD is like, I was undecided between that one and another called Buddha Bellies.
Nips not so itchy today - yey!!
Still got mild cramps, still can't sleep but I don't mind, just so grateful to be pregnant Laughing
I will be 6 weeks on Tuesday and only 9 days to go till I finally get to see little embie (or two??) inside me, so excited Smile
How is everybody else ?
hugs x x
Alice
Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks wheelie have had a look on some of the other threads and cramps and pains are normal,don't know why but just feel really worried this time.
Alowicious not long now untill you see your little baby xxxx and i am so jelous that you are sitting in the sun,it is frezzing here Laughing How long have you lived in Dubai ?I bet it is lovely there ,would love to go there some day xx
I have been trying to search the net for antane natal exercise classes in my area but havent had much luck.
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend xxxx
Page 3 of 201

Jump to:  

Community

Popular