periods when stopping breastfeeding??? update...

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 pm 
Post subject: periods when stopping breastfeeding??? update...
Hey ladies, i stopped breastfeeding my daughter last week and was wondering as to when i will get the return of my periods? as im wanting to try to concieve baby no.2! How long did it take for your period to return after stopping? i had 1 the other month but then nothing since Confused
Caz x x

Last edited by carolinew on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Mine came back around six or seven weeks after giving birth.

x

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
I breastfed until my son was 11 months, but my periods came back at 10 months. How old is your little one now? If you have had one then nothing is it possible you might already be pregnant?

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Shannon is just over 8 months now. her feeds had cut down to 1-2 a day which is why i thought they had returned before. i had a period on the 15th june which lasted 9 days (somedays just light spotting though) however when it should have been due again this month, nothing! i know i ovulated that month cos i used ovulation tests, so i tested a few times just to see if it was cos i was pregnant but all negative. sorry if tmi...
Caz x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
not tmi at all! It is confusing at first until it all settles, so maybe it will just be a bit longer this month. Else you could be pregnant but not far enough gone for it to show yet. Do you think it would be worth having a chat with your doctor? They might be able to give you a blood test to see what is going on.

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
I have thought about going to see him but thought he might think im just wasting his time. do you think its worth bothering them about it or should i just wait and see what happens? I ovulated on the 24-26th june (got positive on tests) so i thought i would have been due on for definate this month cos of this. on the day i was due on i had very light spotting which did not last long. i tested last on the 16th july so i would have thought if i was pregnant then maybe it would have shown up by then.
Caz x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Caz that is what they are there for! I would definately go in for a chat as they might be able to shed some light on what's happening, especially as you definately ovulated.

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
I know im terrible, Rolling Eyes i will ring and make an appointment first thing in the morning. Thanks for your advice hun you have been a great help.
Caz x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
You are welcome Smile I am the same. I used to try not to bother them unless necessary, but now I have realised what's the point in worrying when they could help? I hope they can help you. Let us know how you get on.

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun, ill keep you posted Smile
Caz x x
carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hey millwallrose44, just thought id update you on my visit to docs. i went this morning and all he really had to say about it was its probably my hormones all over the place due to breastfeeding, and just be patient and they wil return to normal eventually but it could take time. makes me feel a bit more at ease that its normal but a bit annoying too, as we are wanting to ttc baby no.2 and this aint guna help much.
caz x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear that, but at least you know there is not a serious problem although it is annoying. Hopefully they will return soon with any luck and you can try. I suppose until then just bd when you can and fingers crossed you will get a positive soon! Good luck with it Smile

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun, he did say however that just cos i have not had a period that i could still be ovulating so maybe it could still be possible to concieve. i just hope im not 1 of the unlucky ones that have to wait months after stopping breastfeeding before my cycle even gets back to normal.
caz x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Caz I really hope you get good news this month! If you are ovulating there is every chance.

carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 pm 
Post subject: update!!
So i thought my periods where still out due to just stopping breastfeeding even went to docs about it, however i tested this week and got my bfp!!! how lucky am i??? i still cant believe it...
caz x x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular