Old friends.

bexs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 pm 
Post subject: Old friends.
I am feeling abit lonely at the moment not sure why i have a beautiful girl of 14months a lovely home and a great boyfriend.
The problem is i get abit lonely sometimes.i see my family at least once a week , my partner works long hours and we dont get to spend that much time together only on days off or when he finishes early (which is hardly ever).i work two days a week which is great as i get to chat and talk at work, I dont really have that many friends but am trying to get in contact with a couple but having no luck. I did bump into an old friend in town but she has made no contact.
Sometimes i think i am over reacting and this is what mother hood is all about wakin up,playing ,feedng, making, beds, cooking, cleaning,(moaning abit)going to bed then doing then same thing the next day.
Sometimes it just feels that i am just being silly and that i shouldnt be complaing about my life.Dont get me wrong i love my life its just sometimes i get lonely.
Is anyone in the same boat as me???

bexs
xxx
LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I used to have a massive group of friends when I was younger, then I got married and so did they and had kids and tbh I dont see much of any of them. I have a small group of friends who I love to peices, I suupose quality over quanity but I do miss the days of having a big group of gal pals.

Wejust moved to Ireland and have found I bonded with other mums over kids and at my antnatal classes etc.

I understand completely, it does feel that your life completely revols around your kids and you dont have time for yourself anymore!

Have you thought abiout maybe joing nightclasses maybe once a week to meet new people?

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:15 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya hun. u pmed me earlier i feel like u. feel 3 2 pm 4 a chat wen eva ya wnt x
LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Ouh wats up Laura hun?

I can guess though, feeling tired and usueless and like you cant cope and then feel like a bad mother because you love Leon so much but are so tired you cant think. I used to feel like that, I struggled so much when the twins were born and felt so ungratful.

How are you?

x

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
what about play groups or baby clubs, i bet a great bunch of friends in baby group and then more in toddler group for mums and babies, we all spend lots of time together because we do thngs the kids want to do
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 am 
Post subject:
I used to have a lot of friends - they all went of to Uni in various corners of the country and I didn't.
I don't know anyone else that is pregnant (around my age or older etc) and it does get me down at times because I've got no one to talk to apart from like my partner and my family.
Sometimes you need a bit more than that I think.
I've come to rely on my partner a lot to keep me company and do stuff with cos I don't have any1 else. Think that may be a bit [*@!#%*] from his POV.
I know how you feel and its just a bit sh*te.
Maybe it'd be a good idea for you to try play groups etc like the others have suggested. or would you be able to visit your family more often?

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:07 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya laura im gud hows u. yeah u described it to a t lol x
fifitot
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject: same boat
hey bex, im in the same boat realy im 23 and my son is 2 and half, im the only 1 of my 'old' friends to have a kid, ive got my fiance who im due 2 marry nxt month and av evrythin ive eva wanted in respect 2 a lovely house,car, a lovely husband 2 b and a beautiful son,and financial stability, i dont work, so i find i av all this spare time+hardly ne friends 2 share it with becuz they are young free and single, and sumhow lost contact wiv most of them becuz they assume once u av settled down u dont want 2 do what they do+thats not the case, i just dont av as much time as them 2 go 2 the pub and get drunk+go clubbing becuz i av my little family 2 luk afta, and plus ive grown up, so wen my fiance who works shifts im at hme wiv my son+then it does hit me that i dont av alot in common wiv the remaining friends i have etc, and only see my family once a week, so my life consists off cooking,cleaning, and looking afta my son everyday, which i wudnt change im glad im in the situation 2 bring him up at home, but at the same time i do crave friendship like i used to have+not feeling like ive done evrything 2 young,
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
i've not had a baby yet so my life isn't revolving around having a baby but i'm kind of the same.

have never been one to make friends easily, left school early and lost contact with the few i did have, not really made many since. even worse i moved 300(ish)miles from my family a few months back so rarely get to see them, unless i travel 7hours to see them!,

partner is only working 3days a week but usually at uni the rest of the time so suffice to say i'm on my own alot Sad

not really had any opportunity to make friends up here, the only people i talk to are my partner's friends and they only put up with me because i'm with him Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular