Last edited by snoopy21 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
Blimmin heck snoopy she sounds a bit of a nutter Shocked

Firstly you dont get cancer through stress!!! To use that against you is a disgrace!!!

Secondly naturally you will turn to your mum for advice, she is your mum its normal so dont let her make you feel guilty for your relationship with your mum!

As for the feeding a sterilising you are dead right to stick to your guns. Caitlin is your baby and you decide when and what she eats and if her bottles get sterilised. To me she obviously doesn't have her best interests at heart if she insists her bottles dont get sterilised Rolling Eyes .

And honestly hun i think you are a saint for spending that much time with you mil! I would refuse to go that amount and maybe have a set day or two that you go. And if you dont need to leave her with mil why would you.

We always trust our mums about babies hun thats normal (we most of us mine is just evil and i dont speak to my family) Rolling Eyes

Everyone does get exhausted when they have babies BUT thats all the more reason for you not to keep traipsing accross town every day!

Dont feel guilty for waiting to wean, you know your baby and its your decision. It wont do her any harm and it will go more smoothly if you feel ready.
At the end of the day hun shes your baby, your responsibility and your decision so tell your mil up yours Laughing Laughing I think your doing a fab job for what its worth Very Happy

My babies are growing up!
donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
snoop u poor thing!!!!! really feel for you hun, my mil is keeping her nose out bar one incident before harry was diagnosed with reflux, kept telling me to change his milk to sma gold as thats what she used, and i was using aptimal, pretty much stuck my fingers up to her when he was diagnosed and she has been great since.

my mum (like urs mara) isnt around as we have never got on, but if she was involved i would say she would be like ur mil, always has been very opinionated and thats why we dont speak. long story!

how you want things to happen with caitlin is urs & oh choice and no one elses.

keep ur chin up girl and stick to ur guns coz if she changes things now she will carry on doing so for a long time. xxxxxx
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Snoop - poor you sounds like your mil is a bit crazy. I totally understand where you're coming from on all the issues though. I always turn to my mum for advice, maybe i wont always listen but we pretty much think the same sort of things and i have that relationship with her where i could say "whatever mum i'm doing it my way" and she'd be fine with it. It took me a long time to even be ok with oh's parents even picking Imogen up as i felt i didnt trust them/want them near my baby (yet i was fine with anyone else holding her) i got over that cause that was too extreme but i still feel funny about leaving Immi with them. I know they wouldn't follow my routine (even though i dont have a strict one at all) i've seen my mil babysit my neice and she was all over the place with feeding times/sleep times and she's always giving my neice chocolate when my sil says no. She also doesn't listen to what i've said about changing Immi. She changed her nappy after like an hour and frankly i don't have the money to be replacing nappies after an hour!

i wouldn't worry about being the only one not weaning. it's deffinitely up to instincts. you know your babies and with the worries you've had with allergies its completely understandable for you to wait. don't feel pressure. you know whats best!

Joey - Is is so good to have a full nights sleep again! how many weeks premature was your lo? was there any reason for it.? Sorry if thats a bit nosey. She sounds like she's doing great though.

Shandie -Sounds like your little one is doing really well. Don't think she is lazy lol i know a lot of people tht said their babies rolled once then never did i again till 8months or something like that. Its lovely she's laughing and smiling constantly its so nice to see isnt it?

Imogen's got two top teeth coming through at the moment, but luckily she's not too bothered at the moment. We've had her up in the night the last 2nights but i think that is the milk issue so deff time for follow on as shes still refusing to drink more than 2/3oz at a time. Hopefully it will all get sorted soon Smile xxx

Joey25
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
hi
Michelle - my LO was 5 weeks early, however my waters had gone 2 weeks earlier and I had started going into labour but I managed to get to hospital quickly and they were able to stop my labour by putting me on a drip. I then had to stay in hospital until after she was born as there was lots of risks to her as there was no water surrounding her. But luckily we were both fine and only kept in for 1 weeks once she was born. Doctors do not know why my waters went early.

My LO is not rolling yet but she seems to be making more of an effort recently to start rolling so it might not be much longer.
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
Joey - Aww, that must have been really stressful, good thing you got to hospital quickly. Its great that you were both fine after. I had a scare at 31wks where my waters started leaking and i was getting contractions but they managed to stop contactions and as it was only tear in waters it resealed. I was very lucky.
Won't be long now till Chloe's rolling. Then you'll wish she couldnt lol. Imogen gets everywhere soooo quickly. I only turn round for a sec and shes the other side of the room trying to grab/eat something she shouldnt. Deffinitely time for proper baby proofing i think Very Happy

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
deleted again.... you can guess what i've been talking about though Wink

Last edited by snoopy21 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
Blimey you really have had a rough time with the mil. I use to get really angry with my mil and generally all ohs immediate family but ive just decided not to let it fuss me now. I know they don't agree with a lot of things i say, and they probs think im rude sometimes but i just dont care anymore. i dont wanna waste my time stressing bout it. hope you can find the some calm - but sounds like your mil & sil are millions times worse. What does your oh think of all this? xx

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Haha Snoopy read that last bit with a big smile on your face Very Happy . Bless you hun well it sounds like your feeling better Laughing Laughing
I have had loads of trouble with my family hun over the last year. Ended up me totally cutting myself off from every one of them a month before Sam was born. Its been hard but my life is better for it. Not one member of my family has ever seen Sam Rolling Eyes

Anyhow. How are all us July mummies and babie? Its great to see so many people joining
Very Happy

Joey sounds like your little one is doing great and lucky you with the sleeping Very Happy

Shandy hun Very Happy Sounds like your little one is a right chunky monkey lol. Just like mine likes her food Laughing Has the health visitor said not to worry about her milk intake?

Donzy dont blame Harry for not liking baby rice its horrid lol. Hes got brains Laughing Laughing Laughing

My babies are growing up!
donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Snoop, you need a medal hun!

Michelle, u say Imogen has 2 top teeth coming through!!! b4 the bottom ones or has she got them aswell?

Harry was teething at 12 weeks and u could see the tooth on his bottom gum, about 20 weeks u could feel it then 2 weeks ago its just completely disappeared?!?! dribbling like mad still, constantly has a bib on! someone told me that if babys are born with teeth they are usually really soft and just fall out or are digested !?! not to sure about that one but he ho Confused

im getting cabin fever at the mo with this snow/ice lark, my oh always told me it never snows in cornwall, since i moved here its snowed every bloody year! hope asda will still deliver my food shop tonight or else i will be scuppered! Crying or Very sad
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:25 am 
Post subject:
Donzy - Yeah she already has her two bottom teeth. She got those at 4months. How strange about Harry's teeth. They'll probs reappear next week and cut through.
I've heard that about baby's teeth if they are born with them but don't know if its true, might be one of those rumours that no ones ever sure about.

I went shopping yesterday (finally - great to get out the house) Got all the stuff to make Imogen up some more food. We're started on meat/fish now so bit scared about it. Fruit purees are pretty simple but gets a bit complicated now and i'm not the best cook. lol. I bought about 10 jars i thought i would try out different flavours see what she likes, then i can use the jars for freezing stuff after. She had orchard chicken yesterday and that seemed to go down well.
Actually going out again today, we're braving the snow and going bowling with oh's family. Hope you all have a great day xx

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say how great im feelin today Very Happy Had to stay at mums last night with caitlin as her neighbour is servicing my car 2day and wanted it from 8am. Got spoilt last night with mum givin caitlin her last btl. I got to go and sleep in my old bed Smile , was even able to lie and read (peter kays new book!) without worryin the light would disturb caitlin as the travel cot is in mums room & she agreed it was too much hassle to move Wink , so I had a solid 11 hrs sleep last night Embarassed for the 1st time in over a year! Mum even got up with her this morning and gave her 1st btl. Do feel a bit bad but as my OH only stays at wkends and never gets up wiv caitlin in the night kinda feel i deservered the rest. Iv agreed to stay for tea tonight too... worried il not wana go home 2nite Laughing

Howz all your LO's. Caitlin can get right on her side now and wobbles as if she gonna roll right over but flops back again Rolling Eyes Oh the latest thing she has learnt is how to blow raspberrys lol. Physical development is def last thing on her mind, vocal skills are what she wants to practice!

Donzy caitlin still no teeth either. Dribbles constantly. Iv given up checkin, think she just gonna hav her cute gummy grin forever Smile

michelle iv done the same buying caity jars to see what she likes before i make things. i cant cook either but my cousin whos a chef and annoyingly into fresh healthy food, got me a great book for weaning that has loadza step by step recipes. Still not given her solids yet, another 10 days to go cos im such a bore..... taking maras advice and trying porridge 1st insteada rice!

Hope ur all feeling as great as me today hehe!
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

had another check at Immi's teeth today and she's actually got four top teeth just cutting through now. Poor little girl 4 at once. She's no taking it too hard though. Gone back to waking up in the night once but only for 5mins so nothing too bad, but I'm wondering if maybe her refusing bottle is something to do with her teeth.

Snoop - Glad you had a good night at your mums, don't feel bad, you deserve it and i bet your mum loved it. We've left Imogen with my mum once, for oh's birthday and it was great.
i've got one of those books too, deffinitely are helpful. I've not got much imagination when it comes to making baby food, but the books got some good recipes.
I agree with Mara, go with porridge first, baby rice is so boring. i was stuck with a big packet of it cause she only had it a couple of times. i jst used it mix with purees to get rid of it lol.
Imogen did the same thing in regards to rolling - nearly there then flopping. took about 2weeks of that then she rolled.

xx

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
Michelle I shuda remembered this when u said about milk before Rolling Eyes ... When I was worried about caitlin only takin 20oz of milk at 4 months & most babies seemed to take about 30oz if they werent weaned (From talkin to wriggler I now think her special formula is more filling than regular formulas...) The Hv told me that if I thought she was teething to giv her milk from a baby cup. Apparently it can hurt to suck but they like the harder cup. She said if I was worried about oz's if a cup wasnt marked to make up a bottle as usual and then transfer to cup? Worth a try! Maybe uv already tried that....
Page 2 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular