July 09 Babies.

Sweetheffer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
hi guys

i havnt posted on here since ive had my little man 'Archie' on the 1st of August. I was due on the 19th july and he came 2 weeks late after going in to be induced, those 2 weeks were the longest ever not the most enjoyable time, but he was well worth the wait.
I posted on the july forums occationally when I had the odd worry or needed advice.

Archie is 5 months old and he's a very happy little boy, he has just started to get really bad eczmea though poor little love very itchy for him and hes sore all over. He can sit up on his own as long as he has a pillow round him coz he does fall when reaching for toys, loves standing up (all the time) and on 3 meals a day loves his food. Still doesnt sleep through night, im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired!

Fab to see the forum started again xxxx
Michelleplus4
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
im joining in
danielle was due 22nd july but appeared 1st august so i was always in july mummies threads

had danielle weighed this morning , 16lbs 4 oz , i have her in 6 9 clothes but they are a bit big for her !
her usual day consists of

9am 7oz bottle ,,, normally leaves a couple oz
12 noon food equivalent to 1/3 jar food
1/130 pm 7oz bottle
4.30/5pm 7oz bottle
5.30/6 pm food equivalent to 1/3 jar food
9.30/10 pm 7oz bottle

she has a nap through day but doesnt go down to a deep sleep till 11pm !!!! then thats her till 9 in morning

oh she has 2 teeth , they appeared at 4 months old ,,, no hassle with them coming at all one day she had none then she had 2 Smile ,,,
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
hey sweetheffer & michelleplus 3 Very Happy

My LO was due 19th also but was born 22nd. i got induced for H BP. Those 3 days felt like forever never mind waiting 2wks Shocked

sweetheffer does archie hav any teeth? I think caitlins the only gummy baby on here lol? Sorry he isnt sleeping through. Caitlin still wakes couple times too just for dummy. I am kinda counting this as sleepin through as MOST of the time she settles within 5mins, (apart from at 5am when she wants in my bed, nipping that in the bud but. She hasnt been in with me in over a week Very Happy )

Michelleplus3 caitlin was 16lb 8oz this week so similar weight to your LO. Iv started her in 6-9mth clothes to but also roll up sleeves! Did danielles teeth just appear one day? Iv given up checkin caitlins mouth Rolling Eyes Bein droolin for months now and no lumps or white spots that iv heard people say appear before they break!

Oh and news for everyone - caitlin rolled over last night!!!! Very Happy 1 week before she turns 6 months lol. (anyone elses babys roll late? It is late isnt it?) Was for 2secs and just the once... does this count lol?! she was on her back, got on her side and flipped over on to tummy. Looked shocked and then flipped back on to her back! Been trying all morning to get her to do it again but no luck!

Hope everyon is well! x
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
hiya sweetheffer and michelleplus3! Very Happy

good to see more faces in the july post
snnop, harry hasnt got any teeth yet either, and as for the rolling Rolling Eyes harry has been doing this since about 18 weeks, yes it is a great milestone to reach but its a pain in the rear end when he does it all bloomin night and keeps waking himself up & me, tip for you, towel each side of her, sheet over the top and tuck very FIRMLY in! lol!

well last night was the first time me & oh went out thanks to granny & grumps, got back really late and paying for it now so not long till im in bed, thing is when we were out i was trying to make a conscious effort not to talk about Harry, and oh didnt either untill after about 20 mins, he said 'i didnt want to talk babies tonight as its our first night out but should we give mum a ring?' lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing

harry has learnt a new trick rolling over in the night and turning so he is laying across his cot, which can only just fit side ways, and booting his mobile so i get serenaded at 4 oclock in the morning by beethoven!!!! Confused Confused
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hey michelesplus and sweetheffer Very Happy great to see you in the July post.

Ah sweetheffer you poor thing with the sleeping Confused Have they given him anything for the excema? Gotta say Archie is a fab name, my 3 year old is called Archie Very Happy

Michelle hun Danielle is a fab weight Smile and lucky you having no trouble with the teeth!

Snoop well done hun for keeping Caitlin out of your bed Very Happy

Donzy i am so there with you over the rolling over! What a pain in the bum Confused

Sam has now perfected the crawling and my god dont i know it! He has got fast and has just started exploring. He keeps trying to get in the kitchen and and keeps going to the bottom of the stairs so no doubt this time next month i will have a stair gate up Rolling Eyes He can now push himself from laying to sitting and can get down from sitting without hitting his face on the floor.

Sam has been in 6-9 month clothes for about 6 weeks and the trousers are getting short on him. He is so long. He was 70cm in November Shocked Not sure what he weighs but in november he weighed just over 14lb.

I feel like he is eating way too much reading what your LO eat Embarassed but i just cant seem to fill him Confused Just started giving him a banana to chew on and toast and he loves the little rice cakes from boots Laughing

xxx

My babies are growing up!
Nikki77
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
I SHOULD HAVE HAD A JULY BABY!!!!!
He was due on 25th july so I was always in the july threads. He was born on 3rd aug so technically I should not be here so hope u do not mind!!
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't been on here for months!!! Thanks Donna for the facebook message telling me the July mummies thread was back up and running!

I'm so loving being a mum! My beautiful little Lana is growing up soooooo fast and she's that happiest little baby i've ever seen so is an absolute pleasure to be around! She's going to be 6 months tomorrow and I can't believe time has gone so quick. At the moment she rolls all over the place, she gets up on all fours and rocks and can get from there to sitting no problem. She's got 2 teeth which appeared just before christmas but she showed no signs of teething so it was a bit of a surprise! I'm weaning her at the moment and she seems to like most things - avocado is the only thing she won't eat so far. She weighed 15lb8 2 weeks ago which is great as i've had all sorts of problems with her weight as she started off on the 98th and then only put on a tiny amount each week for months but she's finally started to follow the 25th so fingers crossed!

I just can't wait to have another one!!! I will wait though as i'm not sure I could cope with 2 just yet - maybe next year!!
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
oh, and i'm back at work in 2 weeks and just the thought of it makes me cry!!!
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hello July Mummies! Wow Mara i can't believe how advanced Sam is, I bet he just wants to be doing whatever his siblings are doing though doesn't he?
Well, Emilia can roll onto either side but hasn't managed to roll fully over yet! she loves spending time on her tummy though so she's just got to connect the two!
She's nearly sitting up, she absolutely loves being upright and goes nuts in the jumperoo that we got her for xmas!
She loves her food and is now eating 3 meals a day! Not had her weighed since before xmas mainly due to weather but put her in a 6-9 mnth outfit today which was only slightly baggy!
She has slept through since 6 weeks goes down at 7.30pm and wakes at 7am.
No teeth yet but has had symptoms since 10wks!

So nice to hear what other July babies are up to as I don't know anybody else with a baby the same age! Emilia was born on 26th July - was due 17th but she decided to wait a bit longer! x x x

mara
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:44 am 
Post subject:
Aw wow fantastic to see so many new names in here Very Happy

Nikki of course we dont mind! I should have been a June mummy but he was 12 days late Laughing Laughing

Emby sounds like motherhood suits you to perfection and Lana sound a right gem Very Happy But i do think your crazy wanting another Laughing Laughing Laughing (she says with 4 kids Rolling Eyes Laughing )

Hey keltru wow how good is that sleeping pattern!! Im just the same dont know anyone with a baby exactly the same age so its great having this thread again.

Oooh i am so happy to hear from you all Very Happy

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
hiya keltru, and welcome Smile

yaeh! paula + nikki r back!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

not sure what all the smiley faces i have put are all about as i dont feel smiley Crying or Very sad

last week, harry was reviewed by gp who wanted to stop the ranitidine for his reflux, so we tried, hence to say it hasnt worked, since last thursady really, started sicking up more and becoming more and moe aggitated with his feeds, but today my god! Shocked
feel like he is 6 weeks old again the amount of puke! me being a nurse you would think i am used to it by now but oh no, i picked up his dummy and the handle bit put in my mouth and there must of been a bit of puke on it it tasted awful! i can still taste it now, we have both changed at least 6 times today, poor harry has been screaming most of the day, so i phoned the surgery and told the stupid witch on reception to tell the stupid gp i was restarting the medicine, had a polite phone call back saying what a good idea. Twisted Evil sorry for the rant girls, hope you have all had a good weekend.

we did manage to go for a blustery walk along the beach which was gr8 as harry loved watching all the dogs running around.

oh and nearly forgot, i got myself an allotment so i can grow harry some lovely veg and we can learn together about it as i havnt a scoobie do at the mo!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
Oh donzy poor Harry! and poor you! My sister's little boy was like that but got much better once he got onto solids x x I don't know how Emilia got into such a good sleeping pattern Mara I think I'm just lucky! My sister says she's an angel baby! I think she's just like her dad - likes her food and likes her sleep! x x

snoopy21
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
Nice to see even more July mummies! getting to the stage I cant remember everyone to say hi 2 Very Happy

Emby Im havin to start thinkn bt goin bk to work soon (mid march) Im traumatised so cant imagine how u feel! Im actually job hunting at the min to find part time work. Applyin for night work 2/3 nights a week. Really hope I get it. Have u looked at nurseries? Caitlin down for one and it looks great! Still doesnt ease my fears but Shocked Sorry im not more encouragiing! Wrong person to talk to Laughing

Donzy poor you with the sick Sad And poor wee Harry too! Good on you for starting the med again. I think I took that for hearburn when I was preg and it was FAB!

Keltru pleased to see another baby without teeth lol! Think we in the minority in this post.

Well my news for the day is we gave caitlin porridge at tea time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
For ppl that dont know Iv been delayin weaning Caitlin til 6 months cos she hasnt seemed hungry (only takin 20-25oz a day) and has a milk allergy. Anyway she 6months on Fri, and today was 6 months from her due date. yesterday at tea we gav her a plastic bowl & spoon and played feeding her while we ate ours. She looked so keen and was openin up wide for spoon (with nothing on it poor pet!) So 2day she only took hlf her btl at tea (Lately she maybe only takin 4-5 oz 4x a day) and we were about to throw milk away when I decided to mix a bit of baby porridge in and try 1 or 2 spoons. Jesus did she love it! She ended up takin about 10 spoons (duno how much actually went in her mouth, her top was covered!) I actually had to stop feedin her. I think she woulda carried on all evenin! Soooo happy but am sure this novelty will wear off soon. Laughing You lot probably experienced this months ago so sorry for goin on!
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 pm 
Post subject:
Ah Snoopy thats fantasic! So glad she enjoyed it! Well done you Very Happy

I must admit i dont envy you going back to work either Sad I have totally given up working now and am a stay home mummy for the first time (always worked part time till i got pg with Sam) and i am loving it. I wont be going back until Sam is at full time school.

Donzy read your message on fb about 5 hrs after you posted it Laughing
Blummin doctors aye Rolling Eyes glad you took control and put Harry back on the meds. Good for you. Must admit i had a little chuckle about the dummy with the sick on it Laughing Great idea about the veggies too Very Happy

Well my poor ickle man got his 6th tooth yesterday but dont think hes very well today due to the fact he did the biggest puke on me ever Sad He decided he was having an extra bottle before bed so not sure if it was that or his teeth Rolling Eyes

Its hilarious now at meal times. He knows his dish now so starts going mad when he sees it for his dinner Laughing he makes a mmmm sound when hes eating if he really likes it Laughing

Hope everyone else is good, Mara xxxxxxxx

donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:40 am 
Post subject:
morning girlies!

where are u all? Confused

well, harry is much better now, thank god, my washing machine is having a well deserved rest Laughing

havnt been on much in the week as im back to work Sad
really missing harry, but greatfull that MIL is happy looking after him, OH being a bit of a pain about it as he isnt used to having to give so much of 'his' time up and cant get anything 'he' wants to do done Rolling Eyes

what a bloody shame eh?! Laughing

reality check boy, what do you think i have been doing for the last 6 months?! Laughing

hope ur all well xxx
Page 4 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular